Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Sorry for double posting, but you guys NEED to read this article. It's a joke, but it made me crack up laughing so much.

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue28/leaks

And, no, it's not about competitive battling, even if it's from Smogon.

cryoAwakening said:
It got progressively darker and more obviously fake. It was definitely still funny to read them though.

'More obviously fake'

Was it not obvious enough when they said Froakie and Chespin are Fire/Fighting?

Crackin355 said:
cryoAwakening said:
It got progressively darker and more obviously fake. It was definitely still funny to read them though.

'More obviously fake'

Was it not obvious enough when they said Froakie and Chespin are Fire/Fighting?

Not as fake as Combusken learning fly at Lv. 99 and using a rare candy on it will make it evolve into Ho-Oh that immediately learns Superpower.

I didn't say that they weren't all obviously fake, but it just got more ridculous as it went down.

I think this is my favourite part.

Inkay will evolve into Malimar, the Psychic / Dark type, when it levels up while holding your 3DS upside down.
Inkay will evolve into Skylimar, the Psychic / Flying type, when it levels up while you’re throwing your 3DS in the air.
Inkay will evolve into Cynlimar, the Psychic / Fire type, when you level up while your 3DS is on fire.

Purple Yoshi said:
I think this is my favourite part.

Inkay will evolve into Malimar, the Psychic / Dark type, when it levels up while holding your 3DS upside down.
Inkay will evolve into Skylimar, the Psychic / Flying type, when it levels up while you’re throwing your 3DS in the air.
Inkay will evolve into Cynlimar, the Psychic / Fire type, when you level up while your 3DS is on fire.

It think it was mine too.

Joey Tribbiani said:
>yfw these things actually happen in the new pokemon game

I would at first laugh my butt off, and then I would be pissed at Nintendo for wasting a generation and basically the Pokemon series because I doubt it would continue after some of that stuff. :P

CoroCoro details. Don't have the pictures yet.

Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Xerneas has an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal has one called Dark Aura. Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type moves while Dark Aura powers up Dark-type moves. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal one called Death Wing
Pancham's evolution is called Goronda (コロンダ). It is the Aggressive Pokémon, is 2.1m tall, weighs 136kg, and has the ability Iron Fist. It is Fighting/Dark-type. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution
The Squids are called Maika (マーイーカ), the Rotation Pokémon is 0.4m tall weighing 3.5kg, and its evolution Karamanero (カラマネロ) the Reversal Pokémon, is 1.5m tall and 47kg, and both are Dark/Psychic-type Pokémon. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move. Karamanero has the move Hypnosis. They both have either Suction Cups or Contrary.
The pink bird is called Shushup (シュシュップ) and is Fairy-type. It is the Perfume Pokémon, is 0.2m tall and 0.5kg in weight and has the ability of Healer. It knows the move AromaTherapy. It is exclusive to Pokémon Y
The puff ball is called Peroppafu (ペロッパフ) and is also a Fairy-type. Its ability is a new one called Sweet Pale which prevents your allies from falling asleep. It's the Cotton Candy Pokémon, is 0.4m/3.5kg and has the new move Drain Kiss. It is exclusive to Pokémon X
Honedge has the ability of No Guard
Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y
There's a new Gym leader, with the robot arms, called Shitoron (シトロン) while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro (ザクロ). Zakuro is said to be good at sports
The professor is called Purataanu (プラターヌ possibly romanised into Platane). He will occasionally battle you.
The evil team is called Team Flair/Flare (フレア団). Their purpose is solely to make money
The PSS has various new features. First is the HoloCaster, which gives the latest news on the Pokémon Global Link, without needing access. It has a Happy Sign which lets you see feelings/actions of friends. There are special O Powers which work akin to Pass Powers which you can use and receive from other players. Miracle Trade allows for an "exciting trade" with someone from around the world. It also features connectivity with the Global Trade Station
CoroCoro is offering special Xerneas & Yveltal figures if you pre-order the games and send in a form

And my opinion?

Well, it seems OK so far. Nothing TOO horrible. The cotton candy Pokemon is going to get people annoyed. You know, after Vanillite and all. Don't care too much about the other new Pokemon.

The professor seems a lot younger this time. Dunno if it's going to impact on anything.

THANK GOD YVERTAL ISN'T DRAGON-TYPE! This is the first time since Gen 2 when a mascot wasn't dragon-type. (Groudon and Kyogre weren't, but Rayquaza was).

Dunno about Team Flare. They seem like a massve step-down from Team Plasma (BW Plasma, not BW2 Plasma). For some reason, I feel like someone's going to say it's an analogy for greedy corporations or something.

Purple Yoshi said:
CoroCoro details. Don't have the pictures yet.

Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Xerneas has an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal has one called Dark Aura. Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type moves while Dark Aura powers up Dark-type moves. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal one called Death Wing
Pancham's evolution is called Goronda (コロンダ). It is the Aggressive Pokémon, is 2.1m tall, weighs 136kg, and has the ability Iron Fist. It is Fighting/Dark-type. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution
The Squids are called Maika (マーイーカ), the Rotation Pokémon is 0.4m tall weighing 3.5kg, and its evolution Karamanero (カラマネロ) the Reversal Pokémon, is 1.5m tall and 47kg, and both are Dark/Psychic-type Pokémon. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move. Karamanero has the move Hypnosis. They both have either Suction Cups or Contrary.
The pink bird is called Shushup (シュシュップ) and is Fairy-type. It is the Perfume Pokémon, is 0.2m tall and 0.5kg in weight and has the ability of Healer. It knows the move AromaTherapy. It is exclusive to Pokémon Y
The puff ball is called Peroppafu (ペロッパフ) and is also a Fairy-type. Its ability is a new one called Sweet Pale which prevents your allies from falling asleep. It's the Cotton Candy Pokémon, is 0.4m/3.5kg and has the new move Drain Kiss. It is exclusive to Pokémon X
Honedge has the ability of No Guard
Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y
There's a new Gym leader, with the robot arms, called Shitoron (シトロン) while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro (ザクロ). Zakuro is said to be good at sports
The professor is called Purataanu (プラターヌ possibly romanised into Platane). He will occasionally battle you.
The evil team is called Team Flair/Flare (フレア団). Their purpose is solely to make money
The PSS has various new features. First is the HoloCaster, which gives the latest news on the Pokémon Global Link, without needing access. It has a Happy Sign which lets you see feelings/actions of friends. There are special O Powers which work akin to Pass Powers which you can use and receive from other players. Miracle Trade allows for an "exciting trade" with someone from around the world. It also features connectivity with the Global Trade Station
CoroCoro is offering special Xerneas & Yveltal figures if you pre-order the games and send in a form

And my opinion?

Well, it seems OK so far. Nothing TOO horrible. The cotton candy Pokemon is going to get people annoyed. You know, after Vanillite and all. Don't care too much about the other new Pokemon.

The professor seems a lot younger this time. Dunno if it's going to impact on anything.

THANK GOD YVERTAL ISN'T DRAGON-TYPE! This is the first time since Gen 2 when a mascot wasn't dragon-type. (Groudon and Kyogre weren't, but Rayquaza was).

Dunno about Team Flare. They seem like a massve step-down from Team Plasma (BW Plasma, not BW2 Plasma). For some reason, I feel like someone's going to say it's an analogy for greedy corporations or something.

Xerneas has one type while Yveltal has two? Not very symetric.
And first time the evil team goal is to make money. :D

Anyway, knowing their new strategy, we'll see information about this in English in a few hours/days. So keep your eyes on their youtube channel and website.

Aiden Pearce said:
I mean, anything but fucking monotype fairy.

We still have no idea what the strengths/weaknesses Fairy will be.

Also...

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.

This was posted on May 18th. They have most of it correct, so what if it does evolve when upside down?

There was a rumor I heard that said that Poison would be super-effective against Fairy types. I guess we'll wait and see if it's true.

Booker said:
There was a rumor I heard that said that Poison would be super-effective against Fairy types. I guess we'll wait and see if it's true.

I remember seeing that. IIRC, Poison and Steel were hinted at being two of the weaknesses of Fairy.

Make sense though: Make Poison and Steel have someone useful against. Steel is good against Ice and Rock, but I mean, so are like 2 or 3 other types as well.

I would believe that, but the same source said that Fairy is super effective against Dark and Fighting as well and that its not effective against Fire or Psychic. I can see it being super-effective against Dark, but Fighting? Not really. And the resistances seem random. Still mad about no mention of Bug being super-effective against it even though it totally should be.

I mean, it's effectiveness against Dragon makes sense.

I have heard a lot of tales about how the magically gifted have beaten the foul beasts (fairy seems to be basically the "magic" type, and dragon being the "beast" type).

I can see it also being effective against dark since it is can be seen as good magic verses black magic, but I think that Dark and Fairy might be effective against each other, which would be cool.

As for fighting, it could be how magic can usually help people "cheat" in a fair battle, as usually magic gives people the upper hand in battling, so I could see that.

But that's all I can guess. I really don't see how Bug should be effective against fairy, so bug and fairy seem like such close relatives.

Bug super effective against fairy type? Interesting.

Bugs are ugly and fairies are pretty... I guess...the bugs...uhhh...distract the prettiness from the fairies and... IDFK.

cryoAwakening said:
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.

This was posted on May 18th. They have most of it correct, so what if it does evolve when upside down?

Oh, shoot. It makes sense, considering it says it's called the revolving Pokemon. But, still, that seems way too hard to pull off. I mean, if it'd only be used in that situation, you'd think it be hard to program.

Back