Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Purple Yoshi said:
cryoAwakening said:
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.

This was posted on May 18th. They have most of it correct, so what if it does evolve when upside down?

Oh, shoot. It makes sense, considering it says it's called the revolving Pokemon. But, still, that seems way too hard to pull off. I mean, if it'd only be used in that situation, you'd think it be hard to program.

...not really.

I mean, there are so many 3DS games that are now incorporating the gyrosensor into the gaming. I mean, just look at some of the Luiginary attacks in the new M&L game and how it uses it to attack. I'm sure that all you would have to do is just do a battle and have it upside down when it is just leveling up, your inkay will automatically evolve.

I doubt it will evolve from having the 3DS upside down. It's on a page full of funny and dumb ideas for a reason, because they're all fake and stupid.

mothafuckin fairy floss

these things fighting massive dragons is seriously the funniest thing right now

But how am I going to evolve Inkay when I play the rom?

It's hilarious to imagine a freaking Garchomp or the intimidating Hydreigon running away from a floating cotton candy.

Saw something on youtube that kinda blew my mind. Why is the cotton candy Pokemon a fairy-type? Well, another name for it is Fairy Floss.

Also, I'm so happy you can access the GTS anywhere now. I just hope more people will use it. And stop asking for level 9 and under legendaries. I mean, seriously, why would people do that?

Crackin355 said:
I doubt it will evolve from having the 3DS upside down. It's on a page full of funny and dumb ideas for a reason, because they're all fake and stupid.

I didn't get that comment from the page full of funny and dumb ideas.

I got it from a "supposed leak" back in May, where it was a comment that someone made. The page full of funny and dumb ideas were basically mocking that "supposed leak".

Purple Yoshi said:
Also, I'm so happy you can access the GTS anywhere now. I just hope more people will use it. And stop asking for level 9 and under legendaries. I mean, seriously, why would people do that?

They do this for a reason; cloning their Pokémon.

Cirdec said:
Purple Yoshi said:

They do this for a reason; cloning their Pokémon.
Also to show off.

Anser said:

It's hilarious to imagine a freaking Garchomp or the intimidating Hydreigon running away from a floating cotton candy.

Ironically, making Jigglypuff part Fairy-type does not help it against the Dragon-types at all, as almost all of them can outrun it, and wipe it out with a single attack.

Pyro said:
team flare's goal is only to make money?

riiiiiiiiight

wait seriously

not to capture all Pokemon, not to release all Pokemon, not to increase the landsize of the planet to make more land for Pokemon, not to increase the ocean size of the planet to make more land for Pokemon, not to control the universe, not to destroy the human race to let Pokemon rule, to make money?!!

Well that's...original...

Team Flare is probably a group of Pokemon poachers, who poach endangered Pokemon to make huge, but illegal profits. How else would they make illegal money, which involves Pokemon?

Cirdec said:
They use plenty of Meowth with Pay Day attack!

Poaching Meowths probably wouldn't be worthy enough though. If anything, the team may attempt to capture Xerneas or Yveltal through disrespectful measures, hoping to earn a huge profit for doing so. And what you need to do is stop the team from doing just that.

Sure sooner or later you'll catch Xerneas or Yveltal, but they'd determine if you're worthy enough for them to be on your team.

perhaps they're going to capture Pokemon and sell them on the black market

i mean how often do you come across pokemon for sale?

MnSG said:
Anser said:

Ironically, making Jigglypuff part Fairy-type does not help it against the Dragon-types at all, as almost all of them can outrun it, and wipe it out with a single attack.

Well, I mean look at Vanillite or Swinub, who are both super effective against dragon-type pokemon. They look so cute and Innocent too.

Team Flare just wants to be fabulous.

Unknown Entity said:
Bug super effective against fairy type? Interesting.

Bugs are ugly and fairies are pretty... I guess...the bugs...uhhh...distract the prettiness from the fairies and... IDFK.
To be honest, this is sort of my logic in thinking why Bug should be super-effective against Fairy. Fairies are usually depicted as majestic and pretty while bugs are seen as gross and ugly. Besides, that would make more sense than Bug's random strength against Dark and Psychic types (not that I'm complaining about those, I love the Bug type).

I agree with you Gamefreak about how random it is against Dark and Psychic types.

I hope we get to find out soon; I'm really interested in the Fairy typing, and how many fairy type pokemon there'll be.

For bug effective against psychic I think it is because of ultrasounds bugs make that disturb the mind power of psychic type.
For dark, I don't know.

Cirdec said:
For bug effective against psychic I think it is because of ultrasounds bugs make that disturb the mind power of psychic type.
For dark, I don't know.

I thought it was because Psychic's weaknesses were all common fears. Darkness, Ghosts and Bugs.

I'm thinking against Dark that Bug's that hang around in the night or darkness are harder to see (like a spider in the corner of the room that you can't see) and you get bitten easier.

If we're explaining type matchups, I have a few for you

Normal weak to Fighting

Ghost weak to Dark

Dragon weak to Ice

Steel weak to Fighting

Purple Yoshi said:
If we're explaining type matchups, I have a few for you

Normal weak to Fighting
Fighters are trained for combat while normal people are not. If you happened to get in a fight with someone that knew martial arts and you knew nothing, guess who would win.
Ghost weak to Dark
In most ghost stories the ghost appears at night time so the best time to strike them would be at night in the dark, when they appear
Dragon weak to Ice
i honestly think this one was just to balance the type out. But i guess if I had to think of one it'd be that dragons are too tough to kill with fire or electric or whatever so the only way to stop it would be to have it freeze or something.
Steel weak to Fighting
I guess it could be following the saying 'man over machine' like how psychic follows 'brain over brawn'

They're not the best reasonings but its what I follow and I think they're reasonable enough.

cryoAwakening said:
Well, I mean look at Vanillite or Swinub, who are both super effective against dragon-type pokemon. They look so cute and Innocent too.

At least they're capable of dealing with the weaker Dragon-types, such as Gible, Dratini, and Bagon.

Back