Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Pharaoh Man said:
About type matchups, why is Water resistant to Ice?
What is ghost resistant to fighting? Why is ground resistant to eletric? Why is dark resistant to psychic? Why is Cubone born with a skull on it's face?

nothing makes sense in pokemon.

Pharaoh Man said:

Well, Ice is just frozen water, after all. And Water resists Water, so it makes sense it'll also resist Ice.

Kingfawful4321 said:
Pharaoh Man said:
What is ghost resistant to fighting? Why is ground resistant to eletric? Why is dark resistant to psychic? Why is Cubone born with a skull on it's face?

nothing makes sense in pokemon.

I think you've misunderstood the difference between a resistance and an immunity. A resistance means that the attack deals less damage than normal. An immunity means that the attack deals no damage by any means.

In the case that you've stated, it should really be...

Ghost is immune to Fighting; Ground is immune to Electric; Dark is immune to Psychic.

3 more months to go, I've pre-ordered the Japanese copies of both, as soon as the games were announced, meaning I would be one of the first people to get the games from Play-Asia.
I would take one of the European copies too, in case they don't arrive on release date.

Joey Tribbiani said:
too much love around fennekin has ruined it for me tbh

i will definitely be going for a froakie

I kind of figured Fennekin would be the most popular when I saw the trailer for the first time, he was the closest to an animal (Froakie was obvious but looked a little less like a frog because of the bubble beard, Chespin is a hedgehog I believe but it's not very obvious). I really like the grass-type starters for some reason, aside from Gen I & II (Nothing against Bulbasaur, just like Charmander better).

From the Pokemon shown so far, these are the only ones I'm considering for my team;
Chespin --> ? --> ?
Pancham --> Pangoro
Fletchling --> Talonflame
Honedge

But I do like the designs of Froakie, Gogoat, Clauncher and Malamar. But I don't want to use them (Maybe I'll save them for my X Team).

Yeah Crackin, me and you getting Chespin!

I know for a fact that Honedge is going into my party. I liked Fletchling, but I feel that it's evolution is not that appealing to me.

Xerneas will be in my party; no about that either.

I'm going to wait to see what other pokemon I want to add to my party before I begin so I know what is the best balance to get.

Actually, if the rumor that Chespin will be Grass/Dark is true then I'll probably put Pancham/Pangoro into my X Team possibilities. Don't really need two Dark-types, even if it's the secondary type. I'm also hoping that Clauncher gets an evolution, I think it'd be cool to have him as the water-type addition for my team. I don't think I've had a Fire, Water & Grass-type all in the same team before.

cryoAwakening said:
Yeah Crackin, me and you getting Chespin!

Chespin Buddies 4 Lyfe

New Trailer and Commercial have launched in Japan.

Back