Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Cirdec said:
Sylveon said:
I pity the poor guy who wants to ride a magikarp.

I doubt you could ride every Pokémon. How could could you ride Shedinja?
lessee hacks.

I think it's been already confirmed that the only rideable Pokémon will be the goat Pokémon.

Wait a second. Riding Pokémon? What a stupid and pointless feature. Are you going to be able to walk faster, jump over hedges or something? If that's the case, I retire this statement.

Having Pokemon follow you in HeartGold/SoulSilver was stupid and pointless too, but a lot of people liked it. Half the things in Pokemon are pointless. Contests in Diamond/Pearl and Gen III were pointless, but I loved them. Amity Square or whatever it was in Platinum/Pearl/Diamond was pointless too, but it was still a neat feature. Besides, it's probably only in one city at least from what I've heard.

MnSG said:
It seems that the 10 character limit for each Pokemon name will be nullified for the X and Y versions, but obviously this would only apply to the 6th generation Pokemon.

I don't know where you got this idea since the all the Pokemon revealed so far have ten characters at most (Helioptile and Fletchling).

Electro Specter said:
I don't know where you got this idea since the all the Pokemon revealed so far have ten characters at most (Helioptile and Fletchling).

Pancham's name in France is Pandespiègle, which exceeds the 10 character limit.

Has anyone seen the box arts yet?

Full resolutions in url:

Box_NA_-_Pokemon_X.png
Box_NA_-_Pokemon_Y.png

MnSG said:
Electro Specter said:

Pancham's name in France is Pandespiègle, which exceeds the 10 character limit.
Ah, ok.

YoshiKong said:
Has anyone seen the box arts yet?

Full resolutions in url:
*boxart*

I'm not going to lie, even though I'm going to get Y version, Pokemon X's box art is better, mostly because it has many different shades of blue.

I love the X box art, personally.

Oh and this is the artwork of the Kalos region:

Kalos_-_Pokemon_X_and_Y.jpg

Yeah north of France like region.

For the moment I would choose the Y version, but I prefer to wait to see the types, stats of the legendaries.

GalacticPetey said:
aregularforumuser said:
I hope more pokemon than gogoat can be ridable. i want to ride my samurott.
They confirmed Gogoat is the only rideable pokemon and he can only be used in a certain city.
I hope this means that this is the gen with Gen 3 remakes and you can ride many pokemon. Similar to what happened with Amity square/HSSS with the Pokemon followers.

Bulbasaur said:
are you criticising gogoat? you better not be criticising gogoat

I'm not criticizing Gogoat (I actually think it's pretty cool). I'm criticizing the feature.

GalacticPetey said:
They confirmed Gogoat is the only rideable pokemon and he can only be used in a certain city.

Yup. Stupid, pointless and useless feature. Anyway, I'm sure some people will like it, and I'm not even going to use it, so good riddance. Enjoy.

Anser said:
I'm not criticizing Gogoat (I actually think it's pretty cool). I'm criticizing the feature.

oh, ok :⁠)

Anser said:
GalacticPetey said:

Yup. Stupid, pointless and useless feature. Anyway, I'm sure some people will like it, and I'm not even going to use it, so good riddance. Enjoy.

You do realise that good riddance essentially means a rude way of saying "Goodbye forever", right? I don't think those were the words you were looking for.

Back