Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

...what. How does that work out. Why did it need to be split into 3?

I don't know why they felt the need to split it up into Central, Mountain, and Coastal. Maybe there are just so many mons that they thought it would be easier to keep track of this way?

Even though it actually just makes it more confusing?

If they really wanted to be helpful, they should have divided it into routes. Then you could simply click on a route and view the 10+ Pokemon available on that route.

I think it's to make completing the Pokédex feel more feasible. If they just had one big old dex with 700+ mons, it'd be a nightmare to fill up. But by splitting it into three smaller parts with a more manageable amount of 150, people can take the challenge step by step, working towards several sub-goals on their way to the big one. You complete one of the dexes and feel accomplished, and then use that as a motivational boost to tackle the next one. It's actually not as dumb and random as it seems.

Plus it's probably supposed to be a nostalgia thing for older players who grew up with a Pokédex of 151.

Just caught Zapdos in a Heal Ball.

God, there has not been one single legendary Pokemon that I've taken over 10 balls to catch. That sucks. I'd rather have a challenge, to be honest.

really? i always thought people detested the amount of shit you had to go through to catch legendaries in previous generations, at least i did

Well, it's just luck that I've caught them so quickly. And Zapdos was still a pain to find, I don't like how you had to check the Pokedex to see where it was. It was just easy once I could actually battle it.

I've recently managed to defeat the Elite Four and Champion. The Exp. Share really made a major difference, as most of my party Pokemon were over level 70 when I reached the Pokemon League. Team used...

Yveltal
Greninja
Charizard
Gardevoir
Pidgeot
Lucario

Pidgeot didn't really get used though, as my other five Pokemon pretty much took care of the job.

So according to "Bulbapedia", I can get certain Pokemon from "Rustling bushes". I'm on route 6, which is where I can get a Venipede and an Audino from such places. Since it didn't say "rustling grass", I'm going to assume it's something completely different. Can anyone explain that to me?

Smashgoom202 said:
So according to "Bulbapedia", I can get certain Pokemon from "Rustling bushes". I'm on route 6, which is where I can get a Venipede and an Audino from such places. Since it didn't say "rustling grass", I'm going to assume it's something completely different. Can anyone explain that to me?

it actually takes place on that long road before the route and the mansion.

Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:

it actually takes place on that long road before the route and the mansion.
AH, thanks for that!

I beat the elite four, here was my team.

Chesnaught (Tatsuya) [Wood Hammer / Hammer Arm / Earthquake / Shadow Claw] Lv.74
Blaziken [Poison Jab / High Jump Kick / Brave Bird / Flare Blitz] Lv.81
Blastoise (Katsuto) [Surf / Rock Slide / Dark Pulse / Ice Beam] Lv.74
Aegislash (Erika) [Aerial Ace / Sacred Sword / Swords Dance / Shadow Ball] Lv.74
Aurorus (Mikihiko) [Stone Edge / Psychic / Nature Power / Hyper Beam] Lv.73
Goodra (Miyuki) [Thunderbolt / Outrage / Aqua Tail / Power Whip] Lv.71

caught a shiny graveler with a good nature, I am so happy right now

Did the chance of a shiny appearing become more likely or something.

Also, I think I might give my Aegislash False Swipe for a while and go around catching pokemon for the pokedex.

ゴジラ said:
Crackin355 said:
As a matter of fact, it did.

Why? Why, goddamn it! The whole point of shinies is that they're ridiculously rare! If you start handing them out easily (chain fishing) they lose their value!

...well, at least I can say I caught a shiny before they changed the encounter rate.

Purple Yoshi said:
ゴジラ said:
Crackin355 said:
As a matter of fact, it did.

Why? Why, goddamn it! The whole point of shinies is that they're ridiculously rare! If you start handing them out easily (chain fishing) they lose their value!

...well, at least I can say I caught a shiny before they changed the encounter rate.
Or you could play one of the previous games and they'll still keep it's value.

Purple Yoshi said:

lol

Jasmine said:
Purple Yoshi said:

lol

pretty much this

in all my years of playing pokemon i've encountered a total of one shiny

I still remember you, shiny Onix from Heatran's Mountain, even though I no longer have your game.

It is true, though. The chain fishing technique makes it so easy to get a shiny, it's not even a big deal that they're shiny anymore.

who really cares that they're shiny other than some looking better than others as shinies?

Back