Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Idk, when I was Skyping with my darling and browsing over the GTS, I will just say "Oh these people are ridiculous" and we laughed together

The GTS is actually fairly useful just as long as it's you who makes the trade offer.

^That. I've gotten things I never expected I would get that way.

Mario4Ever said:
^That. I've gotten things I never expected I would get that way.

It's too bad that in terms of getting the Mega Stones, the GTS probably isn't the best solution.

It's not a viable method of getting any items, really. I tried getting a Metal Coat once and ended up having to catch about fifteen Magneton.

Gamefreak GTS method:

1) Place Spiritomb in GTS

2) Ask for any non-legendary, non-evolved Pokemon

3) ???

4) Profit

Just don't expect anyone to give you Pokemon with their hidden ability. I tried getting a HA Beartic to breed but the clods just kept on sending me Beartics with Snow Cloak. I gave up and did it the hard way by horde hunting for the HAs.

Mario4Ever said:
It's not a viable method of getting any items, really. I tried getting a Metal Coat once and ended up having to catch about fifteen Magneton.

Get a Banette, Noivern, Yanmega, or anything with Frisk that can learn Thief (preferably Banette, I don't think the others can learn Thief). It makes life a lot easier.

Clair said:
dont forget if you really want to complete the pokedex you will need the 15 normal and shiny vivillon patterns and flabebe evolutions, every shiny legendary, and every male and female shiny

have fun ruining pokemon for yourself forever :yoshi:

Don't forget in all available languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean and Japanese.

Clair said:
Gamefreak GTS method:

1) Place Spiritomb in GTS

2) Ask for any non-legendary, non-evolved Pokemon

3) ???

4) Profit

I do the same thing, except I use Tyrogue instead of Spiritomb.

Hawlucha said:
That's been a problem with GTS since it was created

Fixed. Even in Gen 4, we had people asking for level 9 and under Dialgas. Because kids are stupid and think that other people are stupid enough to get them what they want.

EDIT: Also, can anyone trade with me so I can evolve a Swirlix? I had two Whipped Dreams, and I traded my first one with my cousin for his Spritzee with a Sachet so they'd both evolve.

Purple Yoshi said:
Hawlucha said:
That's been a problem with GTS since it was created

Fixed. Even in Gen 4, we had people asking for level 9 and under Dialgas. Because kids are stupid and think that other people are stupid enough to get them what they want.

Some had a reason to do this: in Gen IV there was a glitch on GTS that could allow you to clone the pokémon you deposit. But to make sure your pokémon won't be exchanged during the process, ask some impossible things like a level 9 or less Mew.
That glitch requires to turn off the console at a moment it is saving though.

I don't see why people would want to clone a Bidoof, though.

After several soft resets, I was able to come across one of the better Mewtwos that I've seen without PokeGen involvement.

Nature: Timid
IVs: HP - 30 | Attack - 26 | Defense - 29 | SP ATK - 31 | SP DEF - 31 | Speed - 31

I did take the easy way out with a Master Ball though, but since most of the other Mewtwos that I've gotten had either bad IVs for its vital stats, or incorrect natures, I pretty much had to use the Master Ball sooner or later; I used a Dusk Ball on Yveltal.

I miss Rental Pokemon. It'll probably come back in the third version, but now I feel like they're purposely leaving things out for the third instalment.

I did do a Battle Institute run earlier today, and I did run into a Gliscor that outsped my Charizard. Because of this, I think that much like with the Battle Subway, the following scenarios are probably involved...

*All Pokemon that the normal trainers use will have 20 IVs for all stats.
*When facing the Battle Chatelaines, their Pokemon may have their IVs set at 30, if not 31.
*Unlike the Battle Subway, however, the opposing Pokemon may have their secret abilities.
*When compared to the Battle Subway, the Battle Maison's standard battles focus on Pokemon from all regions, instead of only the ones in the Unova region alone.

Now, I could be wrong, but I think some of the Pokemon movesets in the link after the spoiler box are reused at the Battle Maison's super battles. Some of which may most likely include the following...

Pokemon | Nature | Item | Move 1 | Move 2 | Move 3 | Move 4 | EV distribution

Donphan | Adamant | Quick Claw | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Seed Bomb | Fissure | Atk/SpD
Lickilicky | Adamant | Lax Incense | Body Slam | Power Whip | Earthquake | Explosion | HP/Atk
Gliscor | Jolly | Focus Sash | Earthquake | Acrobatics | U-turn | Counter | HP/Spd
Dusknoir | Relaxed | Lum Berry | Shadow Sneak | Pain Split | Destiny Bond | Trick Room | HP/SpD
Serperior | Jolly | Lum Berry | Attract | Leaf Tornado | Dragon Tail | Gastro Acid | Def/Spd/SpD
Krookodile | Jolly | Liechi Berry | Earthquake | Pursuit | Low Sweep | Rock Slide | Atk/Spd
Mandibuzz | Careful | Leftovers | Substitute | Swagger | Punishment | Roost | HP/Def/SpD

http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BattleSubwayData6.txt

Catching a Trevenant with the hidden ability Harvest is hard.

On another note, I'm really liking Absol's Mega Evolution. It just looks so boss, and is actually really effective in battle due to Magic Bounce stopping every wall ever from doing anything to you.

Trying to Will-O-Wisp me? NOPE YOU'RE BURNED NOW MWA HA HA HA HA

Hawlucha said:
I battled with a dude before with a Trevenant which has that ability
It really pisses me off, because everytime his Trevenant get hurt, he uses Rest and he let the Trevenant hold a Lum Berry. After the Pokemon consumed the berry, it will get another berry due to Harvest.
Then the dude keep using that until my whole team was KO'd

Smg2daisy said:
Hawlucha said:
I battled with a dude before with a Trevenant which has that ability
It really pisses me off, because everytime his Trevenant get hurt, he uses Rest and he let the Trevenant hold a Lum Berry. After the Pokemon consumed the berry, it will get another berry due to Harvest.
Then the dude keep using that until my whole team was KO'd
That's insane!

Yeah, that's what makes him awesome.

An alternative strategy is to give him a Sitrus Berry. Every time he goes below 50%, POOF MORE HEALTH. And he didn't even have to take a turn to heal himself.

Lum + Rest + Harvest is generally a better tactic though because you get more health and the Lum Berry also makes you immune to Toxic or any other status your opponent might use.

That kind of reminds me of the Rain Dance + Rest combination thing I do with my Hydration Goodra.

Back