Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

me and edo just had the most incredible battle. It was so close.

PMCG-WWWW-WWW3-453Z

best match I've had yet

It's amazing how one-sided the battle was. I mean you needed 6 mons just to make one of mine faint.

I've got a question to ask regarding Xerneas and Yveltal...

I've noticed that you're required to catch them to advance the story, but if you KO them during the first battle, will this cause their nature and IVs to change when you face them again?

I'm really annoyed that they removed searching for battle videos on the Vs. Recorder. I always liked doing that!

Thanks for clarifying that Blaine, yes, iv's werent known as IV's until gen III when they were overhauled. IV's as we know them were created in gen III, before that they were just a behind the scenes game mechanic and an easter egg at best.

So let me get this straight: You say they were created in gen3, while in the same sentence claiming that they existed before they were created, but it didn't count because they weren't discovered yet and also that they weren't in their finalized form. Which seems to suggest that things are not created until they are observed, which is surely a philosophical way to look at things, but I kind of have to doubt its factual value.

I mean I get that you're trying to say they were retooled into a semi obscure padding mechanic in Gen3, but to claim that they straight up didn't exist before that because nobody knew about them and they were slightly different seems very silly. How were Gen1 mons affected by something that doesn't exist?

Are you doing this on purpose, or are we literally typing the same thing? If I'm reading you correctly, it seems like we're making the same argument, so I'm not sure where this conversation is going anymore.

Naze Youka said:
Are you doing this on purpose, or are we literally typing the same thing? If I'm reading you correctly, it seems like we're making the same argument, so I'm not sure where this conversation is going anymore.

We are kind of saying similar things. The critical difference is that you claim IVs were CREATED with the intent to pad out play time by encouraging IV breeding, whereas I claim they were created with an intent we don't know about and then later REDESIGNED into aforementioned padding mechanic.

So I guess this whole conversation is about whether to use the word "create" or "redesign", which now that I see it plainly written out like that makes me realize how incredibly silly it is to argue about something trivial like this.

So I'm gonna withdraw my argument and send out Bidoof instead.

bidoof.png

So...I finally got to Zygarde last night...

I should have stocked better...

I got it down to almost no health, and I threw like 7 Ultra Balls and none of them did the trick. Then I used 7 Dusk Balls, and same results. Used 5 Timer Balls, none of them worked.

Used 1 Super Ball, worked on first shot. The hell? Really?

Also, dunno what gave Gamefreak the idea to make it where just after it shakes 3 times, the Pokemon goes like "trololol" and comes out of the ball. I was starting to get ticked off by that.

Candice said:
That happens a lot in every game.

I still remember back in the 1st generation, where you'd get a message that you missed the Pokemon when throwing Poke Balls. You literally had to put the legendary birds to sleep if you were to have any chance of catching them.

Deku Link said:
Also, I ran into the grass outside of the cave, and suddenly a wild Moltres appeared.

But before I could even do anything, it fled.

Get used to that.

Turns out my Zygarde was a wuss. I caught him with six Pokéballs.

And now I'm feeding him little pink cakes. So everything comes to a close.

MnSG said:
Candice said:

I still remember back in the 1st generation, where you'd get a message that you missed the Pokemon when throwing Poke Balls. You literally had to put the legendary birds to sleep if you were to have any chance of catching them.
Actually, isn't it impossible to catch legendaries in the original Red/Blue?

Mario4Ever said:
Deku Link said:
Also, I ran into the grass outside of the cave, and suddenly a wild Moltres appeared.

But before I could even do anything, it fled.

Get used to that.

Candice said:
MnSG said:
Candice said:

Ummm no.

ゴジラ said:
Candice said:
MnSG said:
Candice said:

Ummm no.
I guess I never really tried to catch an articuno without using the master ball, because when I throw a regular Pokball, without it having a status condition, it would just say I miss.

Catching legendaries with standard Poké Balls isn't even that hard. You just have to take 100+ and have a LOT of patience. Use False Swipe and paralyze it and start throwing Poké Balls like crazy. One of them will eventually catch it. I caught Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia, Latias, Dialga, Giratina, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Reshiram and Kyurem all with standard Poké Balls. Hell, Terrakion only took three Poké Balls. Oh, and if it's a roaming Pokémon, just catch yourself a Golbat or a Watchog and have it know Mean Look. Problem solved.

Anser said:
Catching legendaries with standard Poké Balls isn't even that hard. You just have to take 100+ and have a LOT of patience. Use False Swipe and paralyze it and start throwing Poké Balls like crazy. One of them will eventually catch it. I caught Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia, Latias, Dialga, Giratina, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Reshiram and Kyurem all with standard Poké Balls. Hell, Terrakion only took three Poké Balls. Oh, and if it's a roaming Pokémon, just catch yourself a Golbat or a Watchog and have it know Mean Look. Problem solved.

Some of those legendaries have higher catch rates though, making them easier to catch than others. For example, Reshiram and Zekrom have a catch rate of 45, since in the Black and White versions, you're required to catch them to continue the story.

And since Xerneas and Yveltal need to be caught in the X and Y versions, their catch rates are apparently higher than 3 as well. But you know, it's quite amusing how you'd have an easier time capturing Dialga than you would with Azelf.

MnSG said:
Anser said:

Some of those legendaries have higher catch rates though, making them easier to catch than others. For example, Reshiram and Zekrom have a catch rate of 45, since in the Black and White versions, you're required to catch them to continue the story.

And since Xerneas and Yveltal need to be caught in the X and Y versions, their catch rates are apparently higher than 3 as well. But you know, it's quite amusing how you'd have an easier time capturing Dialga than you would with Azelf.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Actually, it's much, much harder to catch a stupid Beldum than, say, Reshiram or Xerneas. I think Mewtwo is statistically the hardest one to catch out of those I mentioned, but I'm not sure. It took me around 30 Poké Balls or something like that.

Oh, yeah, definitely, Beldum is probably the hardest Pokemon to catch in existence. All it knows is Take Down, so the only way you can stop it killing itself is if you have a ghost type.

Anser said:
I caught Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia, Latias, Dialga, Giratina, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Reshiram and Kyurem all with standard Poké Balls.

...why?

Back