Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

So, here's my team heading into Victory Road. They're all about level 53.

Hermione the Delphox [Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Psychic]
Canon the Blastoise [Surf, Waterfall, Bite, Ice Beam]
Sprite the Florges [Moonblast, Fairy Wind, Magical Leaf, Petal Blizzard]
Mascot the Raichu [Nuzzle, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Electro Ball]
Carrie the Gogoat [Horn Leech, Energy Ball, Bulldoze, Bulk Up]
Dual the Hawlucha [Hi Jump Kick, Flying Press, Fly, Strength]

I was going to replace Bulldoze for Earthquake on Carrie (I got the TM. Getting that through the Strength puzzle was so satisfying). I'm not sure what to do for Dual, though. I'm going to get rid of Strength eventually but I don't know what I should replace it with.

So, any suggestions?

Cirdec said:
Anser said:
Gabumon said:
I was challenged by some guy who had like, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo in his party. He pretty much slaughtered me, but I took down two of his legendaries, and I would have taken down Xerneas as well if I hadn't made some pretty dumb mistake when he was down to two mons.

Which is why using legendaries at all is pretty pathetic.

It's not because nothing stops you to use them as well.

Some people don't like to use them because they're too strong. I like to have pokemon battles where I can win because I played my cards right, not because my Pokemon is too good. If I want to be overpowered or have a one-sided battle I'll just play the main storyline or fight wild pokemon.

I think they just take away the fun (opinion). I usually remove someone that uses a legendary from my acquaintances, regardless whether I win or not. It's also the reason I have been avoiding challenging some people on my friends list to battles, because I know they use legendaries and I don't want to bother with that shit. Especially if it's Yveltal, Oblivion Wing is a huge pain in the ass.

Tharja said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
this is the shit I wanted

this is the shit

suggestions

not people just telling me where I went wrong, that's utterly useless to me without reason

you certainly made yourself sound like you had an answer to everything, figured you could think of alternatives yourself.

Delelelele Whoop said:
Deku Link said:
Anser, Neptune, clam your tits.

And Neptune, relax; they were simply giving some advice (at least until Anser's last post).
I'm pretty damn calm, all I wanted was some proper advice, all they did up until now was tell me where I am going wrong, not how to fix it

if that's calm i don't think i wanna see you when you're upset.
we moved on from that subject, time to let it go

Crackin355 said:
Cirdec said:
Anser said:
Gabumon said:
I was challenged by some guy who had like, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo in his party. He pretty much slaughtered me, but I took down two of his legendaries, and I would have taken down Xerneas as well if I hadn't made some pretty dumb mistake when he was down to two mons.

Which is why using legendaries at all is pretty pathetic.

It's not because nothing stops you to use them as well.

Some people don't like to use them because they're too strong. I like to have pokemon battles where I can win because I played my cards right, not because my Pokemon is too good. If I want to be overpowered or have a one-sided battle I'll just play the main storyline or fight wild pokemon.

I think they just take away the fun (opinion). I usually remove someone that uses a legendary from my acquaintances, regardless whether I win or not. It's also the reason I have been avoiding challenging some people on my friends list to battles, because I know they use legendaries and I don't want to bother with that shit. Especially if it's Yveltal, Oblivion Wing is a huge pain in the ass.

They are very strong yes, but if you and your opponent have them then it becomes balanced.

i wish legendaries were more balanced, i mean i know there is some legendaries that arent ultimately powerful, but a lot of them are.

Such as yveltal, mewtwo, and lugia.

I also wish people would actually think outside of legendaries too, its like they're too damn lazy to do anything else.

Probably the main reason why i have yet to play anyone online.

I'm only okay with legendaries / ubers if I'm told about them and I can use my own. Otherwise it just feels incredibly unfair.

Having said that, that feel when you beat a team of legendaries is delicious. ^~^

Tharja said:
Sure, I don't mind.

Also I've got a couple of Pumpkaboos so I can let you pick between male or female. (Or pokeballs, but it's either great or quickball)
Okay, I'll get the male. Pokeball doesn't matter.

What's your FC?

Delelelele Whoop said:
Legendaries really only serve one purpose for me nowadays, trophies

yeah same.

Although i do ocassionaly use some of the lesser legendaries, as there are legendary pokes i like to use from time to time(such as celebi and virizion).

Oh, yeah, I have a spare Fennekin and Squirtle, if anyone wants to trade. I already have the Gen 6 starters, I just need Charmander and Bulbasaur. I was lucky enough to get both a female Fennekin AND a Squirtle in-game on my first try, so I could breed them without even needing Ditto. Talk about lucky.

Purple Yoshi said:
Oh, yeah, I have a spare Fennekin and Squirtle, if anyone wants to trade. I already have the Gen 6 starters, I just need Charmander and Bulbasaur. I was lucky enough to get both a female Fennekin AND a Squirtle in-game on my first try, so I could breed them without even needing Ditto. Talk about lucky.
I can get you Charmander and Bulbasaur. I need both Fennekin and Squirtle.

Ema Skye said:
Purple Yoshi said:
I can get you Charmander and Bulbasaur. I need both Fennekin and Squirtle.

OK, my friend code's 4554 0064 1228

Cool, mine's 3823 - 8538 - 5328 in case you missed it on the other page.

Give me a couple of mins to breed them.

Ema Skye said:
I'm only okay with legendaries / ubers if I'm told about them and I can use my own. Otherwise it just feels incredibly unfair.

Having said that, that feel when you beat a team of legendaries is delicious. ^~^

Tharja said:
Sure, I don't mind.

Also I've got a couple of Pumpkaboos so I can let you pick between male or female. (Or pokeballs, but it's either great or quickball)

What's your FC?

2380 - 2556 - 5025

Cirdec said:
They are very strong yes, but if you and your opponent have them then it becomes balanced.

I want to use pokémon I like, not ones I am forced to use just to have a chance.

If you HAVE to stuff your team full of specific mons that are arbitrarily stronger than normal ones, that takes your identity out of your choice, not to mention it makes building a team very dull.

Gabumon said:
Cirdec said:

I want to use pokémon I like, not ones I am forced to use just to have a chance.

If you HAVE to stuff your team full of specific mons that are arbitrarily stronger than normal ones, that takes your identity out of your choice, not to mention it makes building a team very dull.

well you pick speciffic pokemon you like of course, but some pokes like beedrill, just drag the team down and isnt worth adding.

This is why i choose pokemon designs i like as well as the stats.

Hell i even used abomasnow in the past, who has average stats, but the worst defensive typing ever.

Gabumon said:
Cirdec said:

That's pretty much the same thing if legendaries are allowed or not. Not all pokémons are good. And there are enough legendaries to like at least one of them.

Cirdec said:
Gabumon said:
Cirdec said:

That's pretty much the same thing if legendaries are allowed or not. Not all pokémons are good. And there are enough legendaries to like at least one of them.

yeah but online you often find an entire team of legendaries, which usually ends in disaster.

Everyone wants to boost their e-penis so they use ubers right out of the blue.

Zae said:
Gabumon said:
Cirdec said:

well you pick speciffic pokemon you like of course, but some pokes like beedrill, just drag the team down and isnt worth adding.

Hell i even used abomasnow in the past, who has average stats, but the worst defensive typing ever.
Yeah but Abomasnow has weather so it is still usable in some way.

Tharja said:
Ema Skye said:

Tharja said:
Sure, I don't mind.

What's your FC?

2380 - 2556 - 5025
3DS is telling me that's incorrect. :(

Ema Skye said:
Zae said:
Gabumon said:
Cirdec said:

Yeah but Abomasnow has weather so it is still usable in some way.

it is, but its pretty hard to send in, i mean it has like 7 weaknesses or so, so pretty much anything can knock it out pretty fast.

At least that changed due to considerable bulk added to abomasnow with its mega-evo.

Zae said:
Cirdec said:
Gabumon said:
Cirdec said:

yeah but online you often find an entire team of legendaries, which usually ends in disaster.

Entire team of legendaries does not mean auto win and anyway most of the persons who use them train them badly.

Cirdec said:
Zae said:
Cirdec said:
Gabumon said:
Cirdec said:

Entire team of legendaries does not mean auto win and anyway most of the persons who use them train them badly.

yeah but the vast majority of pokemon fans dont really train with stuff like ev,ivs, and natures either.

So the ubers are automactily a win since everyone is using whatever and just strolling with the game, rather then being a competitive player.

Cirdec said:
Gabumon said:
Cirdec said:

The thing is, IMHO just using one legendary makes your team unbalanced. You have that one crazy powerhouse mon that you rely on to do the bulk of the work, and the rest of your team is pretty much relegated to filler. I've been there when I still used Lugia (my fav legendary) years ago. Not to mention that just using ONE legendary is not going to be that much help if you're facing a team with SIX of them. So really, you have to use more than one.

Idk how many legendaries there are in total. Let's say there's 50, that's a reasonable amount. Finding one mon you like out of fifty may be likely, but to build a balanced and agreeable team of six out of such a shallow pool is... meh.

Another thing is that I view the team a trainer builds as a statement of sorts. This sounds really silly, but what mons you choose, the moves you give them, and the way you train them expresses your identity to a certain extent. This is pretty much the main reason why I play these games: To build a team that I think is awesome, suits my style, and I can identify with. Similarly I like to battle to see the teams other trainers come up with, because they carry THEIR stamps of identity on them. However when I end up staring down a team of six legendaries jumbled together, the only statement I get is pretty much "I am desperate, please make me win!".

I find that very disappointing.

Gabumon said:
Another thing is that I view the team a trainer builds as a statement of sorts. This sounds really silly, but what mons you choose, the moves you give them, and the way you train them expresses your identity to a certain extent.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

Back