Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

apparently so

Crackin355 said:
I was just confused because you've said you will equip it with a Quick Claw, Focus Band or Focus Sash.
I was just confused because everyone brought in random Pokemon into a battle.

You know, when I said that, I meant that people should get a finalised team. I wasn't asking for everything to be perfected with moves and stats and shit, just get a team ready so that we can discuss how things would pan out.

Delelelele Whoop said:
Crackin355 said:
I was just confused because you've said you will equip it with a Quick Claw, Focus Band or Focus Sash.

You know, when I said that, I meant that people should get a finalised team. I wasn't asking for everything to be perfected with moves and stats and shit, just get a team ready so that we can discuss how things would pan out.
But that would be the information that decides the match. Not just the Pokemon you choose.

ゴジラ said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
Crackin355 said:

But that would be the information that decides the match. Not just the Pokemon you choose.
Well, that's really not my fault, now is it?

Delelelele Whoop said:
ゴジラ said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
Crackin355 said:

Well, that's really not my fault, now is it?

yes, it is.

So apparently there is a tournament tomorrow and all my guys suck because I only have like 6 badges. Can somebody trade me okay-ish Pogemanz?

Delelelele Whoop said:
pretty sure my Lapras is a dude, and he's part water type too

minimal effect from fire type attacks at the most, I'll destroy the fire types before they have a chance to fuck with the rest of my team.

Lapras doesn't get minimal damage from Fire-type moves; it gets neutral damage because while it is a Water-type, it's also an Ice-type. Plus, Arcanine is faster than Lapras, and if it carries Close Combat (like mine) your Lapras won't even live to use one single attack.

and that's why I have Absol

don't know what Absol will do, but he's badass, he'll figure something out

why are you even trying to argue this, it's my team, if it gets badly defeated, which it won't, then it's my own fault

Delelelele Whoop said:

why are you even trying to argue this, it's my team, if it gets badly defeated, which it won't, then it's my own fault

Absol will also be defeated by Arcanine's Close Combat. We're not arguing with you, you're just being cocky and arrogant about your mediocre team which WILL get defeated because of its lack of balance. We're just giving you advice on how you can improve it. The Pokémon you're using are not bad; it's the combination of them that is not good.

Delelelele Whoop said:
Cirdec said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
Aegislash is officially the badass of this generation.

Lapras, Skarmory, Absol, Lucario, Zoroark, and Aegislash

Someday this will be my team.

If Lapras is KO'ed, Volcarona destroys your team.
Skarmory will destroy Volcarona with Airslash, but Lapras won't be destroyed that easily.

Volcarona is faster and destroys Skarmory in one hit.

Anser said:
Delelelele Whoop said:

Absol will also be defeated by Arcanine's Close Combat. We're not arguing with you, you're just being cocky and arrogant about your mediocre team which WILL get defeated because of its lack of balance. We're just giving you advice on how you can improve it. The Pokémon you're using are not bad; it's the combination of them that is not good.
I'm not being cocky or arrogant, at least not in this thread, because I simply stated that I wanted them to be my team, and you're just too self centered to even accept that I want them as my team. You're taking this further than it has to go, and if I'm so "cocky and arrogant", then the best thing to do is ignore me. I won't try and push people to argue me, that's the last thing I expected in this thread when I posted what I did. I'm not fighting you, nor am I fighting crash, or GP. I don't even know who I will be fighting yet, that's when I'll properly need the knowledge, not to prepare before hand for one battle which could ultimately prove useless in the next. Calling me cocky and arrogant, then criticising my team, among all the other criticism you have about all of my other posts is essentially arguing, so QED, we are, in fact, arguing.

And you're not giving me advice, you're picking out the flaws in the team without even telling me how I can improve it. And frankly, I doubt I'll even listen to you on anything else concerning my team, after what you've done here.

Delelelele Whoop said:
I'm not being cocky or arrogant, at least not in this thread, because I simply stated that I wanted them to be my team, and you're just too self centered to even accept that I want them as my team. You're taking this further than it has to go, and if I'm so "cocky and arrogant", then the best thing to do is ignore me. I won't try and push people to argue me, that's the last thing I expected in this thread when I posted what I did. I'm not fighting you, nor am I fighting crash, or GP. I don't even know who I will be fighting yet, that's when I'll properly need the knowledge, not to prepare before hand for one battle which could ultimately prove useless in the next. Calling me cocky and arrogant, then criticising my team, among all the other criticism you have about all of my other posts is essentially arguing, so QED, we are, in fact, arguing.

And you're not giving me advice, you're picking out the flaws in the team without even telling me how I can improve it. And frankly, I doubt I'll even listen to you on anything else concerning my team, after what you've done here.

Well, I did tell you some pages back that you should re-arrange your team, because you have three Steel-types and you're going to get mauled by Fire-types. And don't play victim, pal.

Delelelele Whoop said:
yeah well i'll still win

Delelelele Whoop said:
you're underestimating lapras' power and you're setting yourselves up for a hard time

Delelelele Whoop said:
I'll destroy the fire types before they have a chance to fuck with the rest of my team.

Delelelele Whoop said:
i'll just give my lapras a quick claw

Delelelele Whoop said:
in that case I'll slap shit up with a focus band/sash

i'll also save up for some carbos' and then spam the shit out of Lapras with them

Delelelele Whoop said:

Of COURSE you're being not only arrogant and cocky, but also very childishly-stubborn and it's obvious you can't take criticism well. Dude, if we're telling you all that is because we know about the matter, but no, you have to come up with something to try and counteract the things we're saying, which are facts. You can drug your Lapras with as many Carboses as you want, and it still won't outspeed an Arcanine or a Volcarona, who will destroy it with either Close Combat or Giga Drain. My suggestion would be that you get a good Ground-type Pokémon like Excadrill or Dugtrio and switch it for one of your Steel-types.

If you want to get defeated and you're assuming it will be your fault, it's ok. I give you credit for that and congratulate you for your sense of responsibility. But then don't come and brag about your "invincible" team which "won't get defeated" because it's annoying as hell.

Anser said:
My suggestion would be that you get a good Ground-type Pokémon like Excadrill or Dugtrio and switch it for one of your Steel-types.
it's about fucking time someone suggested another Pokemon

but what if the other player sends out a grass or water type

Delelelele Whoop said:
Anser said:
My suggestion would be that you get a good Ground-type Pokémon like Excadrill or Dugtrio and switch it for one of your Steel-types.

Kill them with Lapras ice moves
you aren't going to sweep everybody you have to be prepared to lose some pokemon and lose some matches there is no perfect team

Anser, Neptune, clam your tits.

Anser, you're not making your argument better by trying to add insult with the "If you want to get defeated and assuming it will be your fault, it's ok." And honestly, he wasn't saying that his team was "invincible", he was just saying it would be a team of basically the strongest Pokémon in each generation.

And Neptune, relax; they were simply giving some advice (at least until Anser's last post).

Corkscrew said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
Anser said:

you aren't going to sweep everybody you have to be prepared to lose some pokemon and lose some matches there is no perfect team
this is the shit I wanted

this is the shit

suggestions

not people just telling me where I went wrong, that's utterly useless to me without reason

Deku Link said:

And Neptune, relax; they were simply giving some advice (at least until Anser's last post).
I'm pretty damn calm, all I wanted was some proper advice, all they did up until now was tell me where I am going wrong, not how to fix it

Corkscrew said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
Anser said:

Exactly. It's all a matter of balance. What I do is that I never, NEVER repeat a single type in my team, and try to give my Pokémon moves of different types to get more coverage.

Deku Link said:

Anser, you're not making your argument better by trying to add insult with the "If you want to get defeated and assuming it will be your fault, it's ok." And honestly, he wasn't saying that his team was "invincible", he was just saying it would be a team of basically the strongest Pokémon in each generation.

He himself said that we would assume it would be his fault if he got defeated, and that is in no way an insult. And I was trying to give advice since my very first reply. He didn't say his team was invincible with that exact word, but it's basically what he wanted meant with his previous posts. It doesn't matter anymore, though.

Anser said:
Corkscrew said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
Anser said:

Exactly. It's all a matter of balance. What I do is that I never, NEVER repeat a single type in my team, and try to give my Pokémon moves of different types to get more coverage.
I have two dark types on my team (mostly by way of it being their secondary types)

Back