PTR averages ratings on different Mario series

User4042

Celestial Guide
For now, I am doing New Super Mario Bros. and the Mario 3D games (not counting Super Mario 3D Land)
IGN

3D: 9.725
NSMB: 9

Gamespot

3D: 9.225
NSMB: 8.25

PTR's comments

Hmmm, apparently the 3D games are better than the NSMB games for the reviewers.

Was this calculated by mean.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 beats New Super Mario Bros. 2 by a mile

And Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't even that good in the first place

New Year Baby Luigi said:
And Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't even that good in the first place

apparently it's worse than galaxy so thats sad.

Yeah, it's just Super Mario Galaxy but with different levels. I don't know how that qualifies as great when the engine and mechanics are exactly the same

Yeah, it's just Super Mario Galaxy but with different levels. I don't know how that qualifies as great when the engine and mechanics are exactly the same

wow thats bad.

and this is somehow rated more than sms and sm64ds? sheessh.

Joltik said:

wow thats bad.

I used the ratings from the original.

Squirtle said:
Joltik said:

wow thats bad.

I used the ratings from the original.

but didn't most people enjoy sm64ds more?

I'd be surprised if they didn't.

People didn't like SM64DS because of its controls.

Personally, I find it nostalgic BS.

wut

controls were pretty weird, but they're not bad and can certainly be adapted to very fast.

Kid icarus 3ds has ungodly bad controls apparently and people still love it.

Joltik said:

wut

controls were pretty weird, but they're not bad and can certainly be adapted to very fast.

I dunno, that's the only reason Super Mario 64 DS would be any worse than Super Mario 64. Super Mario 64 DS should be rated higher than Super Mario 64.

Personally, Super Mario 64 is the one with the clunky and odd controls (lolwall-jumping). Not to mention horrible camera angling.

Joltik said:

wut

I dunno, that's the only reason Super Mario 64 DS would be any worse than Super Mario 64. Super Mario 64 DS should be rated higher than Super Mario 64.

Personally, Super Mario 64 is the one with the clunky and odd controls (lolwall-jumping). Not to mention horrible camera angling.

Yeah agreed, sm64 had some serious flaws and sm64ds just seemed to fix everything, add more content, and upgrade anything else.

Plus 4 playable characters is pretty awesome.

I hate when reviewers give the Galaxy games a 10/10.

I don't think it was that great. Equally as good as Sunshine, and SM64 was probably better out of all since it reminded me of a more classic styled platformer.

Why did Sunshine suck? Was it the blue coins? Some tedious missions? Boss fights?

And no, atrocious voice acting don't count. That's part of the game polish, not the gameplay.

Why did Sunshine suck? Was it the blue coins? Some tedious missions? Boss fights?

And no, atrocious voice acting don't count. That's part of the game polish, not the gameplay.
Sunshine was a fun game. It's been giving me a good challenge (had for probably a year now, and haven't beaten it, about 40 some shines).

I know that Sunshine looked fun by far (so much exploring) but that still doesn't explain to me why the critics didn't rave it compared to Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2

I know that Sunshine looked fun by far (so much exploring) but that still doesn't explain to me why the critics didn't rave it compared to Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2

because people considered fludd to be a poor idea for some reason.

Me, though I think it's the best platformer so yeah.

Joltik said:

I thought the idea of using fludd was really cool.

FLUDD looks cool to use.

ninja'd

New Super Mario said:
Joltik said:

I thought the idea of using fludd was really cool.

Yeah I agree, but a lot of people didn't like it, that or the whole clean the dirty place.

Anyway the reason for them dissing sms so badly is pretty stupid and might teach you to generally ignore critics.

I always ignore critics anyway. I found Super Mario Galaxy 2, the one that critics so much raved about, to be the worst 2D Mario platformer I played

Back