PTR averages ratings on different Mario series

New Year Baby Luigi said:
And Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't even that good in the first place

It's much better than its predecessor. The level design is much better, more challenging, and more creative. The level interface is streamlined. There are less of the silly star missions (Hi, :luigi:). The Green Stars are indisputably better than the Luigi Stars. The final level is much more rewarding. Yoshi.

There's a lot more to a game than its mechanics. SMG drafted the template, and SMG2 perfected the formula.

I never really got the SMG2 hate here.

NSY said:
I never really got the SMG2 hate here.

probably because no one really considers it much of a sequel.

People here might dislike it even less, because smg series as a whole is astoundingly overrated.

I must say that I did actually enjoy Galaxy 2 and that it is a joy to play though but then getting 120 stars in three days did make me tad disappointed but it was still an excepellent game anyway.

I'm pretty sure most people beat CoD in three days.

NSY said:
I must say that I did actually enjoy Galaxy 2 and that it is a joy to play though but then getting 120 stars in three days did make me tad disappointed but it was still an excepellent game anyway.

uh probably less since CoD campaigns are like 6 hours at best.

Joltik said:
NSY said:

uh probably less since CoD campaigns are like 6 hours at best.
Well their surfing worse than us then.

What I hate about SM64DS is that they removed the "fun" glitches.

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY BACKWARDS LONG JUMP GLITCH. THAT THING HELPED ME BYPASS THE ENDLESS STAIRS WITHOUT 70 STARS

NOW I HAVE TO GET THOSE DAMN STARS -_- Sheesh Nintendo.

uh so you so dont like it as much because its not as broken?

oka-doke.

IceShadow1199 said:

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY BACKWARDS LONG JUMP GLITCH. THAT THING HELPED ME BYPASS THE ENDLESS STAIRS WITHOUT 70 STARS

You don't like thae fact that they somewhat fixed the game? :-\

NSY said:

Don't get me wrong, I still like the series. It's just I prefer different one player games.

I really liked Galaxy 2, I thought some galaxies were a little much like Galaxy 1's but there were some really fun ones.

IMO, I think Galaxy 2 is just a tad better, probably just because I like some of the galaxies a lot more than galaxy's and the green stars felt likes a nice reason to explore and try and think out of the box to find them. Although if people felt like it was a chore to get them then its understandable.

Also never understood why people hated SM64DS's controls, I thought they were fine. Luigi's backflip made it a little easier to experiment trying to skip areas to reach a star quicker.

The 45th Sith Lord does not like X-mas names said:
IceShadow1199 said:

No. I don't like the fact that they removed the DAMN BACKWARDS LONG JUMP GLITCH. How I'm going to get past the endless stairs without wasting my time getting 80 stars? (Then again, I'm impatient when playing games).

So you want every track in the next Mario Kart game to have ultra shortcuts then.

IceShadow1199 said:
The 45th Sith Lord does not like X-mas names said:
IceShadow1199 said:

NOW I HAVE TO GET THOSE dang STARS -_- Sheesh Nintendo.

No. I don't like the fact that they removed the dang BACKWARDS LONG JUMP GLITCH. How I'm going to get past the endless stairs without wasting my time getting 80 stars? (Then again, I'm impatient when playing games).

Then what is the point of the story, gameplay, levels if you want to use glitches?

@SM64DS discussion; I much prefer Super Mario 64 because of all the fun glitches and whatnot. And don't give me the "but you're ruining the gameplay"-bullshit, because I have actually beaten the game a fair amount of times and having collected everything using fair methods. So basically, I like the glitches in Super Mario 64 because you can still have fun, even when playing the game the normal way wouldn't be as fun for you.

Also, IceShadow, you can beat Super Mario 64 DS with just 50 stars. What you do is that you wall jump up the endless stairs.

New Year Baby Luigi said:
Why did Sunshine suck? Was it the blue coins? Some tedious missions? Boss fights?

And no, atrocious voice acting don't count. That's part of the game polish, not the gameplay.
I actually liked everything about Sunshine even the Voice Acting.

Cinnamon Pi said:
@SM64DS discussion; I much prefer Super Mario 64 because of all the fun glitches and whatnot. And don't give me the "but you're ruining the gameplay"-bullshit, because I have actually beaten the game a fair amount of times and having collected everything using fair methods. So basically, I like the glitches in Super Mario 64 because you can still have fun, even when playing the game the normal way wouldn't be as fun for you.

Also, IceShadow, you can beat Super Mario 64 DS with just 50 stars. What you do is that you wall jump up the endless stairs.

How do you wall jump? Do you need to use a specific character?

NSY said:
So you want every track in the next Mario Kart game to have ultra shortcuts then.
That's irrevelant to my discussion, I don't even care about shortcuts.

So what if I'm ruining the gameplay? I just want to finish the damn game and that's all.

Christmas Crackin355 said:
Also never understood why people hated SM64DS's controls, I thought they were fine. Luigi's backflip made it a little easier to experiment trying to skip areas to reach a star quicker.

Yeah same they weren't even bad, especially compared to some other games ive played. They were different yeah, but certainly not in the category of bad.

If you want me to be honest I really liked sm64ds with its new upgrades and playable characters, certainly better than the original.

Also loling at iceshadows immense laziness.

Back