Team Fortress 2: Christmas Calamity 6v9 Event

Groden said:
Correct, you are by no means required to attend the entire event. I want the Veterans to be able to stay for the games, but if they have to leave on short notice, then we have planned backups who can play.

Alright, great. In that case I'll probably stay 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours each day of the tourney.

MCS said:
Groden said:
Correct, you are by no means required to attend the entire event. I want the Veterans to be able to stay for the games, but if they have to leave on short notice, then we have planned backups who can play.

Alright, great. In that case I'll probably stay 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours each day of the tourney.
The event will be only one day, unless people want to have more rounds the following day.

Snifit on Stilts said:
I can't do it on the 22 but the 25-30 is good for me.
We can't do it past the 25th because of holidays and complications they bring. Are you sure you can't attend? I really don't want to exclude you, but the event needs to happen on the 22nd and/or 23rd.

Snifit on Stilts said:
It depends, what time will it start for people in EST time?
Probably 4-5 PM. Late enough that people more west have time to prepare and arrive, but early enough that people in the east can play a good number of rounds.

FireEevee said:
and on venezuelan timezone?
You're only 30 minutes ahead, so 4:30-5:30 PM. Not significantly different.

Snifit on Stilts said:
I should be around 'till 4pm, I have a piano recital but if this will go past 7pm, I could get on at 7-8pm too.
I think games will still continue onto that time, so sure. I do not know if we can start perfectly at 3, because we need to gather every single Veteran and a full team of Challengers to start a round.

Snifit on Stilts said:
Also, how long will the rounds be?
It really depends on how long the map sequences are and how long it takes to break a stalemate. When it comes to amount of rounds per map, we were thinking best of 5 on 5CP and KOTH, then 3 turns during A/D and Payload. This may stretch out each map too long, but we may shorten it if there are too many players waiting for their chance to be on the Challengers.

is practicing strongly encouraged before facing the veterans?

as well as creating new strageties?

ChristmasEevee said:
is practicing strongly encouraged before facing the veterans?

as well as creating new strageties?
Only if you want. There are enough good players signed up to put up a very good fight during the event, so don't feel like everyone will be relying on you to be a pro.

tumblr_mefzcnwMvV1r1boxgo1_r1_1280.jpg

Qj8YZ.jpg

Suggested maps for the matches. If you want to see a map, then suggest a replacement. We are not doing Capture the Flag or Special Delivery due to unpopularity and balance concerns. Arena does not work on Tournament mode and effectively is replaced by King of the Hill.

Set I
Attack/Defend: Gorge
5 Control Points: Badlands
Payload: Badwater Basin
King of the Hill: Viaduct

Set II
Attack/Defend: Gravel Pit
5 Control Points: Granary
Payload: Gold Rush
King of the Hill: Harvest

Set III
Attack/Defend: Steel
5 Control Points: Gullywash
Payload: Hightower
King of the Hill: Lakeside

Set IV
Attack/Defend: Egypt
5 Control Points: Foundry
Payload: Hoodoo
King of the Hill: Nucleus

The final map list will be put up by the end of the week, so say any objections now.

I've only played on 4 of those maps: Viaduct, Badlands, Gorge, and Gravelpit. I also played on Granary for like 5 minutes then had to go do something

I haven't really been trying a whole bunch of maps since TF2 started working good for me (been on the same few maps), but hey, the more maps I get introduced to, the better.

you should practice
matter of fact we all should have a good ol game on xephfrag today

Back