9 more seasons
(credit to toadbert for cool drawing)
Thank you all for playing! Watch it from my POV here!
Pugilists, bartenders, and Santa Claus all agree one thing; the best way to celebrate the holidays is to violently maim your dearest friends in more ways you would probably care to think of. At Xephfrag, our local Team Fortress 2 server, we figured there could be one way to step it up; an organized maiming of friends! So welcome to the Christmas Calamity!
Previously mentioned in the Team Fortress 2 topic, we are throwing an event just in time for the holidays. It serves as an experiment that could lay the foundation of a more organized and intense, not to mentioned balanced, Awards Tourney II next summer; why not have some fun while playing around with the idea?
Also aforementioned, matches played are organized with 6 of our best Veterans versus 9 Challengers. The Veterans are in competitive 6v6 restrictions, meaning 2 of each class except for 1 Heavy, Engineer, Medic, and Demoman, are allowed to be played at one time. The Challengers are in Highlander mode, meaning they can have one of each class with a max of up to 9 players. While the Veterans team is locked, with the exception of substitute players if one of them is missing, the Challengers team is open to everyone else! It is a come and go process, but players who post what class they want to play before the first match are prioritized for their choice.
Games will be started as long as there are 6 players on both teams; agreements over what classes will be played and any special rules will be made if a worry over skill barrier is present. We hope to have 6v9 in order to reach the full potential of the matches, so please do make an effort to arrive! The games will last as long as people continue to come, and may be played again on other days should people be available.
5 Control Points: Badlands
Payload: Badwater Basin
King of the Hill: Viaduct
Attack/Defend: Gravel Pit
5 Control Points: Granary
Payload: Gold Rush
King of the Hill: Harvest
5 Control Points: Gullywash
King of the Hill: Lakeside
5 Control Points: Foundry
King of the Hill: Nucleus
The Teams and Players
|Snifit on Stilts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
The veterans are:
Mentioned earlier, the Challengers are not in a fixed team. Come and go as you please if you dare to challenge the Veterans.
- There are significant gameplay changes in order to encourage fairness and skill rather than luck. This includes random critical hits are turned off, damage is consistent, and shotgun spread is predictable rather than random.
- The game modes we will be playing is 5 Control Points, Attack/Defend, Payload, and King of the Hill. Capture the Flag is too imbalanced considering the player amount and Special Delivery is unpopular within the community.
- During Attack/Defend and Payload rounds, Stopwatch mode occurs. The first team on Attack have to set a record that the Defense must beat when it is their turn to attack. If BLU captures 2 points in 5 minutes, then RED has to capture the points faster than 5 minutes in order to beat BLU.
- Tournament mode is also in. What this does is enable pre-game. Teams can be organized during pre-game, allowing for consistent teams, and strategy can be formed before the actual game starts.
- All-talk voice chat is off so players can use it for strategic reasons, like planning pushes or telling the team to go aggressive or defensive. This is a more competitive event, so casual conversation can be done via regular text chat.
- There are class restrictions on both sides, the standards for 6v6 and Highlander for the Veterans and Challengers respectively: