Team Fortress 2: Christmas Calamity 6v9 Event

Crocodile Dippy said:
Groden said:
To my surprise, it was extremely tilted towards the Veterans, with us winning 13/15 of the matches. The Challengers really should've used more teamwork, but regardless, it was a good fight.
Probably didn't help that my internet has been buggy lately, and I had almost 400 ping throughout most of the game.
A pretty big number of Challengers had lag issues, like Tabuu and MCD. Tabuu was a facestabbing death machine, though.

Most of our team didn't communicate via voice chat. Me, Tabuu, and Snack were really the only ones that did, as well as Neu towards the end. Watching your replays, it seems that might've gone against us really badly.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Most of our team didn't communicate via voice chat. Me, Tabuu, and Snack were really the only ones that did, as well as Neu towards the end. Watching your replays, it seems that might've gone against us really badly.
Communication is definitely a big reason why we were able to gain so many victories. Another factor is that we were all very good at what we were playing instead of just filling needed roles, which I felt a couple people had to do, but certainly not all.

I kind of wish someone on the Challengers team was recording the game so I could see the battle from their eyes.

I don't really have an excuse for my poor performance beyond horrible lag. I was communicating as best as I could, and I was playing my best class, so yeah.

I think also you guys are very good at playing with each other, while a lot of us haven't really practiced as a team before, although again that could've been overcome by better communication.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I don't really have an excuse for my poor performance beyond horrible lag. I was communicating as best as I could, and I was playing my best class, so yeah.

I think also you guys are very good at playing with each other, while a lot of us haven't really practiced as a team before, although again that could've been overcome by better communication.
You were a very persistent Sniper that kept Stooben and I in check, I'd say.

It is no secret we go pubbing together, so we definitely were set for the match. Maybe the next 6v9 could be more organized with the teams.

Sorry I wasn't able to play, I had to leave 3 hours earlier than I thought, I had to go get pizza afterwards, and by the time I got home, it was about 11 pm!

I'm going out to watch The Hobbit today, so unfortunately I'm going to miss a large portion- if not all- of the event, too.

tabuu you were there for the entire event

you missed nothing

no

Travis Touchdown said:
I had been told it was.
By whom?

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
HELP MY WEAPONS ARE INVISIBLE AND THE FPS AND SHIT IS STUCK ON SCREEN
Put in these console commands or make a .cfg script with the following commands:

Code:
unbind spunup
unbind spundown
unbind spindown_shoot
unbind spindown_spin
unbind +shoot
unbind -shoot
unbind +spin
unbind -spin

r_drawviewmodel 1

bind 1 slot1
bind 2 slot2
bind 3 slot3

bind mouse1 +attack
bind mouse2 +attack2

net_graph 0

You'll have to manually change the crosshair from the big green dot, but besides that. this should undo everything that the demo changed.

I guess this wasn't just a freak incident that happened to only Stooben. I'll ask him to put the exorcism script onto his website as well, strange how my scripts were automatically attached to demo viewers.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
I also kept your "hit" sound but i like it better so Ill just keep it
It's probably a different pitch rather than my custom sound. I don't know the original pitch.

good thing i didn't play those demos

i knew it was a virus

So we've tossed around the idea of throwing another 6v9 sometime at maybe Spring Break or another break everyone has, but this time, the Challengers are in 6v6 restrictions as well. This means you guys can't be cheap with 4 Heavy-Medics, but you can swap a situational class like Sniper out for, say, another Scout. Do you guys think that will equalize the battlefield any?

Groden said:
So we've tossed around the idea of throwing another 6v9 sometime at maybe Spring Break or another break everyone has, but this time, the Challengers are in 6v6 restrictions as well. This means you guys can't be cheap with 4 Heavy-Medics, but you can swap a situational class like Sniper out for, say, another Scout. Do you guys think that will equalize the battlefield any?

Yes, I like this better. It was annoying having to play a class that caused you to be a placeholder/dead weight.

Back