Mario Party 9

There is no teaming up. If you look at the Car, you will see that they are competing not working together.

EDIT: Here is a picture of proof
MP9_g.jpg

Look at the top left hand conner

Seems like more official artwork was released today!

109px-Mario_MP9.png
90px-Luigi_MP9.png
Toad_MP9.jpg
105px-Birdo_MP9.png
107px-Shyguy_MP9.png
120px-Bowserjr_MP9.png
120px-Bigbombomb_MP9.jpg

However, there is one curious one:

105px-YellowToad_MP9.png

So Yellow Toad does seem to have a major role. Either he is playable or he will probably be serving as a host (like Toad in the original Mario Party games). Since Toad is playable, I'm leaning to the latter.

If Yellow Toad was a costume change you'd think they would have art of other toad colors (unless there is only one color change) He might host the Toad Board.

I doubt he would represent colour changes. Being an alternate costume wouldn't guarantee him to being significant enough to receiving official artwork (like the one provided above). If he was a host/NPC, then it makes more sense with the artwork. Also you bring up a good point that other Toad colours would also need to be represented and not just one of them.

Considering that Toad Road will be a board in the adventure mode, I am getting a feeling that Yellow Toad will likely be the host. I just hope he doesn't replace Toadette or whatnot if he does happen to be an actual playable character. :eek:

Propeller Toad said:
Considering that Toad Road will be a board in the adventure mode, I am getting a feeling that Yellow Toad will likely be the host. I just hope he doesn't replace Toadette or whatnot if he does happen to be an actual playable character. :eek:
True, Toadette would be better. it'd be nice if Toadette hosted though if she wasn't playable.

^Hopefully Toadette makes a return. I personally am hoping that she will appear alongside DK as playable characters in this game. There is still a chance. Birdo seems to be somewhat confirmed (we don't know if she's playable, but she is confirmed regardless).

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been presented here yet; however, more details of the game as well as information of the adventure mode and boss battles has been released. Seems more like an actual Mario game this time. Read below:

http://mariopartylegacy.com/2012/01/eu-fact-sheet-reveals-mario-party-9-release-date/

I really hope not Yellow Toad is playable.

I'm thinking he might have some major role. If he is, where is Blue Toad? This game is sorta NSMBW themed and it seems odd to have just Yellow Toad.

I hope Blue Toad is in with Yellow Toad (not as playable!). I liked him more than Yellow Toad.

^I'd have to agree with you there. Blue Toad was awesome in NSMB Wii. ;D

While I have no idea whether or not Blue Toad will be appearing, I am getting the confident feeling that Yellow Toad is indeed a host and not a playable character. Judging by the fact that an adventure mode was confirmed, who else would be better to fit in as the host for a board themed after NSMB Wii? Blue Toad and Yellow Toad of course. That's just my view on what's going on.

Yeah, where is Blue Toad? Who knows he might be less major than Yellow Toad

I'm pretty sure that they're treated and seen as equals. However, it seems that Yellow Toad was preferred for some reason in this game.

To be honest, I'm more worried for Toadette. There's less than two months before the game's release and there has yet to be a word on Toadette (or even DK for that matter). Hopefully there are unlockables in this game.

Since the new pictures are out, does this mean Birdo will be a playable character again? Even though there wasn't any footage of her in the E3 trailer?

I also agree that Wolley and Yvan should host the NSMB board. (I call the toads that because people on IGN called them that)

Well that's a few stupid names to call them. They're just a random blue toad and yellow toad. Yellow Toad host is fine and it's cool to see Bob-OMB King back.

Ur right, but anyway about my first statment, is Birdo a playable character or not?

We haven't been given that information yet. I say she has a good chance of being playable, considering we have a picture of her.

Devil Jin said:
We haven't been given that information yet. I say she has a good chance of being playable, considering we have a picture of her.

She is also on the box art. (far right near yoshi)

I just hope Boo, Birdo, and Toadette are playable also.

I love the promotional artwork; the characters look so lively. My particular favorites are
Wario excited over the treasure chest, and Daisy holding the die block with Peach.

I'm looking forward to this game.

I like the new artwork as well.

Wario looks great!

I would like to see further characters revealed. I mean, the seemingly removal of Dry Bones, Boo, and Blooper look "bad" enough. I don't want any other characters get removed. And I also don't want any characters who were default in other Mario Party games turned into unlockable characters.

Actually, removing those characters is the best thing they could have ever done. They should have removed Toad as well, to be honest. And Koopa and Shy Guy shouldn't have been added IN MY OPINION. They should have only added Donkey Kong again and that's it. Mario Party 3's roster FTW.

Back