Mario Party 9

LOL
Nobody has noticed but.....there hasn't been a Yoshi game for 6 years. Yoshi's Island DS was released in 2005.
Poor Yoshi,Baby Bowser and the rest......

WakerLuma said:
LOL
Nobody has noticed but.....there hasn't been a Yoshi game for 6 years. Yoshi's Island DS was released in 2005.
Poor Yoshi,Baby Bowser and the rest......
Yoshi's Island DS was released in late 2006 so only 4 and 3 quarters of a year.

Wrong, it was released in Japan in 2007.
Actually, the game was unknown in 2005.

Caboose said:
ONTOPIC!!: In MP8, there was Birdo and Hammer Bros. (unless Birdo was in 7, which I doubt) as new characters. Like, which new enemy characters would be in Mario Party 9?
Birdo was in Party 7 as an unlockable.

Pinkie Pie said:
It's not a Wii U game, so it will.
She meant that it will be in 60hz, Mario Party 8 was only in 50hz.

>>New Super Yoshi
Sorry, but I can't link refresh frequency to "using the entire screen".
It's like someone says "My Wii is white", and you say he or she means the weather is bad.

Watching the trailer made me think... How many minor NPCs, Mario species or enemies can there be to fill slots? And I don't mean playable character slots, I mean as hosts of the game, of a certain board, or shop owners, or just people you can encounter on a given board or mini-game. The Piantas, Nokis, tanookis, Lumas, and Whittles are there, but who else?

I also wonder if the currently known cast of playable characters is also going to be the final roster...

Smashgoom202 said:
Watching the trailer made me think... How many minor NPCs, Mario species or enemies can there be to fill slots? And I don't mean playable character slots, I mean as hosts of the game, of a certain board, or shop owners, or just people you can encounter on a given board or mini-game. The Piantas, Nokis, tanookis, Lumas, and Whittles are there, but who else?

I also wonder if the currently known cast of playable characters is also going to be the final roster...
Well it looks like that the Mario Party chain has been broken. Dry Bones is already gone but for the others, we will see.

Seriously, Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy were fine as shopkeepers. They didn't need to become playable. Now different colored versions like Pink Boos will fill their spots.

New Super Yoshi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Well it looks like that the Mario Party chain has been broken. Dry Bones is already gone but for the others, we will see.
That sucks... Dry Bones is an awesome enemy! I like how he went from a fan favorite obscure enemy, to a recurring playable character, to a regular enemy in both 2D and 3D games.

Smashgoom202 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

That sucks... Dry Bones is an awesome enemy! I like how he went from a fan favorite obscure enemy, to a recurring playable character, to a regular enemy in both 2D and 3D games.
I feel sad, I hope Boo stays.

Back