Super Mario Sunshine 2

Lolcrawler

I choose you!
I think that there should be a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine, which was one of they're most original and creative games, and I'd like Ideas for it, as well as the opinion of whether it should, or should not exist.

Here are my ideas for differences

More Upgrades for F.L.U.D.D.
Different versions of F.L.U.D.D.
More enemies (Not including Goomba, because the original one was a good difference then others because it lakes Goomba, Koopa, etc.)
Luigi as a playable character
Better Yoshi
Yoshi, rather then changing colors, when Yoshi eats fruit he changes his power
Power Ups
Worlds: Sky world
Water world
Grass world
Desert world
Haunted world
Castle world
Pipe world
Underground world

Story Basis:
Mario, Peach, Toadsworth, and Luigi come to Delphino island to revisit, when the see that the place is batter than before. But Bowser Jr. breaks the engines, causing the plane to explode sending our heroes in different directions. Mario and Toadsworth land in Delphino plaza, with hundreds of plane remnants crashing with them, destroying many of the magnificent buildings. Mario then meets Prof. E Gadd, who at first asks about Luigi and is dismayed to here the news. He then gives Mario a lesson on how to use the new and improved F.L.U.D.D., as well as his counterparts: F.L.A.M.E. the fire one, B.R.E.E.Z.E the wind one, and C.R.A.S.H the rock one. Then Mario remembered about how he had brought Yoshi with him on the plane. Mario does around 6-7 levels when a Yoshi egg washes up on Pianta island, where Mario rescues Yoshi from. Mario comes back on Yoshi, and finds that E Gadd has prepared a new ability for F.L.U.D.D., the B.O.A.T, which transforms F.L.U.D.D. temporarily into a raft. When Mario exits he sees Bowser Jr. running away with men towing Toadsworth. Mario rescues Toadsworth but Bowser Jr. gets away. Mario does 18-19 levels before Luigi comes over, with the Poltergust, and saves Mario from ghosts. Luigi becomes playable, as a lighter version of Mario whom has different machines then Mario, like S.W.I.M., F.L.I.G.H.T, G.R.O.W., and S.H.R.I.N.K.. Mario then sees smoke in Noki forest, so investigates and finds other pieces of the plane and Peach's umbrella, lying on the floor. Mario had just given up hope, when Toadsworth, who had been riding on Mario's back, notices Bowser Jr.'s footprints in the mud. Mario has to do a lot Fortress levels to get to Bowser Jr.'s castle where Mario captures him but learns that Peach was taken by Bowser. Mario plays a heck of a lot levels then discovers the location of Bowser's castle then ransacks it, gets Peach back completing the main story.

Abbreviations: F.ire L.aunching. A.utomatic M.ethane E.xtractor
B.lowing R.anged E.nery E.manating Z.ero E.xpiration
What is your opinion on this?

I don't know if there is. I sure hope not, because being a non-creative person, it was hard to come up with that basic story plot of this one.

First off, your acronyms don't even make sense. F.L.U.D.D stands for something, but the other ones like B.O.A.T and stuff you're just putting periods between the letters.

And I always thought putting Luigi in for a playable character was pointless for 3D platformers and should stick to the 2D ones.

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
Thats a huge discription for something not real
I know, but I have a lot of ideas for it, since SMS was such a hit. Plus my copy is broken, and I want a chance to play something like it.
New Super Mario said:
First off, your acronyms don't even make sense. F.L.U.D.D stands for something, but the other ones like B.O.A.T and stuff you're just putting periods between the letters.

And I always thought putting Luigi in for a playable character was pointless for 3D platformers and should stick to the 2D ones.
I know, but I'm thinking of what the acronyms should mean.
Also a character who has different machines(Luigi), which brings more possibilities to make the game enjoyable.

If you have ideas for acronyms then post them, perhaps you should figure out what they stand for before putting them in. And besides, as long as these make sense with his final ideas then all is well.

euan707 said:
Far to many new power ups for my liking, and they don't even stand for anything.
I kinda like a big range of power ups mind me.

euan707 said:
Far to many new power ups for my liking, and they don't even stand for anything.
First off: The other machines are not powerups
Secondly: the acronym part I am working on.
And lastly: This is my idea. If they make SMS 2, most of this won't be in it. Even if it was, all of it would be editable and removable.

Michael Myers said:
Pretty sure we have a thread for this.

I knew it someone will come over here and make a silly remark like this. Tell me, when has the last Super Mario Sunshine 2 thread been last bumped? Forever? It's ok for people to make new ones as long as they really aren't on the first few pages.

On topic: Can we make other playable characters other than Mario and Luigi for once?

Like others said, it's not the topic to be posted the first time.

Perhaps you had heard some discussion about Galaxy 2 that many players think no much difference with the first one. And what we love Sunshine is the uniqueness of both story and gameplay. A sequel with most things again would cause negative effect. It's better to come up with new ideas like Super Mario Moonlight or something else.

Baby Luigi said:
Michael Myers said:
Pretty sure we have a thread for this.
On topic: Can we make other playable characters other than Mario and Luigi for once?

Agree 100% again. Adding Luigi and Yoshi who we already seen in Galaxy is nothing special and improved. And in story the original Sunshine was just a personal vacation of Peach herself, so other characters wouldn't appear.

A sequel to SMS would be great but get rid of the other new devices,and forget the complicated storyline.

And why do a lot of people find it their duty to point out if there is another thread for this?

Baby Luigi said:
I knew it someone will come over here and make a silly remark like this. Tell me, when has the last Super Mario Sunshine 2 thread been last bumped? Forever? It's ok for people to make new ones as long as they really aren't on the first few pages.

Icanhasgoomba said:
If you have ideas for acronyms then post them, perhaps you should figure out what they stand for before putting them in. And besides, as long as these make sense with his final ideas then all is well.
what
do you mean SMS2 or Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device

Goron said:
The other islands should be in a SMS sequel. You know, the ones from the intro...

Yes I agree. Make them new worlds

The Luigi Land?

Oh, those funky abbreviations. IHT (I hate them). Couldn't you just typed SMBTLL instead?

But, Super Mario Sunshine 2 hypothetically would be easier than that pile of turd.

Baby Luigi said:
Oh, those funky abbreviations. IHT (I hate them). Couldn't you just typed SMBTLL instead?

But, Super Mario Sunshine 2 hypothetically would be easier than that pile of turd.
SMS1 was worse

Because of the Blue Coins? Well, that is not difficult, just so freaking TEDIOUS

Back