Super Mario Sunshine 2

E.V.I.L said:
I'd like creative worlds, something we've never ever seen before.

Everyone does.

All of us are freaking tired of the grass, desert, ice, etc. world themes.

Herobrine said:
Some people also want 3D games that allow you to breathe under water.

Does Super Mario 3D Land count?

Baby Luigi said:
E.V.I.L said:

Everyone does.

I'm not really 'tired' of them. But some variety is always welcome.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
E.V.I.L said:

Everyone does.

I'm not really 'tired' of them. But some variety is always welcome.

I think it's more of the fact that most of them don't really have much to them to begin with, all the same thing really.

But yeah there's alot to work with in the mario universe.

We need more creativity, and less "let's bring back old stuff, and some hoe that's original and cool!"

Herobrine said:
We need more creativity, and less "let's bring back old stuff, and some hoe that's original and cool!"

Especially when the "old" stuff is used 5 million times already for nostalgic purposes

Baby Luigi said:
Herobrine said:
We need more creativity, and less "let's bring back old stuff, and some hope that's original and cool!"

Especially when the "old" stuff is used 5 million times already for nostalgic purposes
Agreed.

I have more ideas for this sequel

Bring back old enemies.

Miracle Matter said:
I have more ideas for this sequel

Bring back old enemies.

Gross, Mario series has enough of this "bring back old stuff" as it is.

No, I'm not talking about Goombas and Koopa Troopas. I'm talking about enemies like Chargin' Chuck, Blaargs, Ninjis, Phantos, etc.

I have an idea for a F.L.U.D.D version.

C.H.A.R, a flaming rocket shooter. It would be able to destroy cracked areas and and it does more damage to enimies than the other machines. Whenever it's rockets land near a liquid, it would "push" the liquid away for a small amount of time.
Sadly, this is probably not going to happen.

Combusting
Heat
Accererated
Rocket launcher

Snifit on Stilts said:
I'm curious, What would everyone think of an "openworld" style map?

That would be cool, but it would be terrible navigating unless you can access a level quickly.

Snifit on Stilts said:
I have an idea for a F.L.U.D.D version.

C.H.A.R, a flaming rocket shooter. It would be able to destroy cracked areas and and it does more damage to enimies than the other machines. Whenever it's rockets land near a liquid, it would "push" the liquid away for a small amount of time.
Sadly, this is probably not going to happen.

Combusting
Heat
Accererated
Rocket launcher
I'm not sure if that would work for any mario game except SSB... though it is a good Idea
Baby Luigi said:
Snifit on Stilts said:
I'm curious, What would everyone think of an "openworld" style map?

That would be cool, but it would be terrible navigating unless you can access a level quickly.
They did somewhat have that in the in the Plaza in the original. Though I think that if there would be one, it would hopefully better then Delphino Plaza.
Miracle Matter said:
No, I'm not talking about Goombas and Koopa Troopas. I'm talking about enemies like Chargin' Chuck, Blaargs, Ninjis, Phantos, etc.
I agree with the "bring back enemies idea" somewhat. I that the enemies should be ablw to be stunned or subdued by F.L.U.D.D. and his other forms. Blaargs and Ninjis definitely, now that you mention it.

Squirt flaming Blaargs with water!

Also there could be:
F.R.E.E.S.E. (I know S rather than Z)
F.reezing
R.epulse
E.xtending
E.minating
S.hiver
E.mancipating

So Takashi Tezuka apparently expressed interest in a Super Mario Sunshine sequel:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/18/nintendo-producer-expresses-interest-in-super-mario-sunshine-sequel/

I'd be down with that, about as much as I was with a Luigi's Mansion sequel.

I'd rather have a 3DS remake to mirror Super Mario 64 DS than a sequel. Mario needs an entirely new game already.

Baby Luigi said:
I'd rather have a 3DS remake to mirror Super Mario 64 DS than a sequel. Mario needs an entirely new game already.
...How is a remake an "entirely new game"? By definition, a "remake" is the exact same thing as the original, just altered slightly. At least with a sequel, there's at least a hint of progression.

Because I haven't really gotten the opportunity to play the original Sunshine, that's why.

Back