Super Mario Sunshine 2

as long as they fix the fucken god awful camera im good

I never had any problems with the camera... at least as far as I can remember playing that game; it's been a while.

The camera in Sunshine just seemed to disregard almost all collision detection, so the camera never got stuck but it was way to easy to see into the blue void. Outside of that the camera never got on my nerves.

But if we're talking of a potential sequel rather than a remake, I highly doubt that it would be built on top of the same engine so the camera would likely work completely differently at least in how it is in the code.

No. Keep blue coins, there is nothing wrong with them and there is no reason to take them out. Fixing a camera is fixing the game. Removing blue coins is tampering with the game.

Mio Akiyama said:
No. Keep blue coins, there is nothing wrong with them and there is no reason to take them out. Fixing a camera is fixing the game. Removing blue coins is tampering with the game.
But there is little reason to keep them as it is. They are terribly designed, so it's better to improve it or remove it all together. Blue Coins appear in different episodes of the same level; some need to be reached with archaic methods like spraying shine patterns placed randomly or spraying blue birds; plus, there is no way to keep track of how much Blue Coins are there per level. The system is a mess.

Besides, the whole reasoning behind Blue Coins is kind of disturbing if you think about it. An island, suffering from a lack of Shine Sprites, desperately needs your help, and there is a shop that conveniently has a big stock of Shine Sprites, but you have to trade in rare Blue Coins for them.

Maᴙio said:
Mio Akiyama said:
But there is little reason to keep them as it is. They are terribly designed, so it's better to improve it or remove it all together. Blue Coins appear in different episodes of the same level; some need to be reached with archaic methods like spraying shine patterns placed randomly or spraying blue birds i don't see the problem, they aren't supposed to be easy and they are seperate from the main missions; plus, there is no way to keep track of how much Blue Coins are there per level make a counter. The system is a mess.

Besides, the whole reasoning behind Blue Coins is kind of disturbing if you think about it. An island, suffering from a lack of Shine Sprites, desperately needs your help, and there is a shop that conveniently has a big stock of Shine Sprites, but you have to trade in rare Blue Coins for them. I don't get how this one is relevant, the story wasn't its strong point and we're talking about gameplay not story flaws
There's no point removing a big part of the game. The difficult ones could be hinted at better, or placed in a slightly more visible place. Blue Coins aren't supposed to be easy, they're supposed to be an extra challenge/collectible for those that want to go past the main missions and explore.

blue coins were a cool little side quest so id like to see them return as well
it gave a challenge to players

Ritsu Tainaka said:

Randomly spraying a specific wall in hope you'll find a blue coin (or if you already collected it because the game doesn't keep track) is NOT a challenge.

Baby Luigi said:
Ritsu Tainaka said:

Randomly spraying a specific wall in hope you'll find a blue coin (or if you already collected it because the game doesn't keep track) is NOT a challenge.
please list me how many of those there were.

because i remember the ones that had red symbols to tell you where they were. I don't remember any that were invisible or unable to be seen aside from that one on the beach outside pinna park, but that wasn't a wall.

It's a while since I last played the game so please excuse me if I left any minor details

Maybe this could be a first person shooter where Mario sprays flood in front of him like it is a gun. I think it would look hilarious when you jump and go hopping on your stomach like you could in the first game.

In all seriousness, though, I feel that there could be a really good 2nd game if it is made right. I do feel that Blue coins could be removed, but I could go either way.

Back