The Hurricane Sandy Thread

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
In MN it's freaking SNOWING. So basically my weather is the same as NSM's because our states are right next to each other, except we might have slight differences.
Yeah I have cousins who have snow. But right now it's like 40 degrees.

Been reading and hearing about this storm all day. For a category 1, it's looking pretty nasty, especially stacked with the incoming cold front from the north and the snowstorm that just rolled through here[the west].

Floods, blizzards, blackouts, crazy winds... I hope all of you out east will be okay. :(

rip in peace

My power went out a few times. My and my dad stood outside on the porch in the extreme wind and falling trees.

YoshiGo99 said:
Supposedly I heard an Electrical plant exploded in NY. I even saw it on the news. I am glad I am not in NY.
thisis getting worse andworse

DD69 (posted about earlier) apparently has a power generator in his house (got a text)

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2012/10/30/12/52/transformer-explosion-filmed-in-manhattan

holy shit

Stooben said:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2012/10/30/12/52/transformer-explosion-filmed-in-manhattan

holy *bleep*
That is awful!

So apparently Sandy is pushing a bunch of cold air over to us. Maybe we'll get snow soon.

And apparently 16 deaths have been reported already.

power out since 4:30 yesterday. On phone. Storm is done, lots of fallen branches but mot many near our house.

Rain has slowed down extremely, but the wind is still godawful here. Sandy's supposed to stay over Pennsylvania for a little bit longer and then turn towards New York.

Red Barchetta said:
Rain has slowed down extremely, but the wind is still godawful here. Sandy's supposed to stay over Pennsylvania for a little bit longer and then turn towards New York.

Aww packy...it's a shame...

Last night was crazy, i'm glad we didn't loose power, lot's of people with the same company as us (PECO) lost power.

Sorry to all those people living in New Jersey, especially you, Porple.

It's pretty hard here in St. Clair, too. The high school has lost power since half past noon yesterday.

Doc Louis said:

It's pretty hard here in St. Clair, too. The high school has lost power since half past noon yesterday.

Doc Louis said:

Doc Louis said:
especially you, Porple.

Doc Louis said:

Doc Louis said:

WE MUST SAVE PORPLEMONTAGE

Most of Sandy has passed where I'm at... Not much damage and our power stayed on, it flickered a few times though.

Red Barchetta said:

Well, shoot. Looks like Sandy's stopping by my house for a visit before heading up to Canada.

It's been snowing since 1pm here and was raining all before that. The mountains got about 14 inches of snow last night and are expected to get a few more. There's a lake in my neighbor's yard and a river at the bottom of my driveway. Thankfully the winds have been fairly calm all day.

schmutz said:
Red Barchetta said:

Well, shoot. Looks like Sandy's stopping by my house for a visit before heading up to Canada.
Hope you have a nice dinner with her.

On a serious note, I feel bad for everyone being affected by this. Some of my relatives are without power.

EDIT: A few of my relatives got power back. Maybe this is good news for all the rest without power.

yikes, the most I've ever lost power for was about 3-4 days, and that was just my street, dumb carpenter ants eating poles...

Back