The Hurricane Sandy Thread

I had a second power outage and I was watching the new game grumps episode and they reset the game by accident and the power went out then on again at that second.Hurricane Sandy has it's sense of humor.

Oh god, the winds and rain are horrible here, and it's not even the worst day.

I definitely better get my forum on pretty early in the morning...... o_O

Just caught someone's ATV in my backyard. I'll look for the owner as soon as we get a calm.

It has been pouring all day, but it's not supposed to get super windy until tonight/tomorrow. Band practice was cancelled tonight, Halloween parade cancelled tomorrow, and two-hour delay for school tomorrow.

I'm worried about my basement flooding. It tends to when it rains a lot, even though I live on a large hill. Speaking of which, the wind will be even worse up here than usual. Still thankful we have power, though ;D

The winds have gotten stronger and the rain is starting to pick up. I'm surprised none of our trees collapsed yet. Well that's a blessing. I'm glad we power and water too.

Pokémon Trainer Toad85 said:
Just caught someone's ATV in my backyard. I'll look for the owner as soon as we get a calm.
I don't mean to possibly sound stupid, but what does ATV stand for? (well I mean which abbreviation of ATV are you talking about)

Mariomario64 said:
Pokémon Trainer Toad85 said:
I don't mean to possibly sound stupid, but what does ATV stand for? (well I mean which abbreviation of ATV are you talking about)
Isn't it like the station for America's Funniest Home Videos? Oh wait, that's AFV.

It means all-terrain vehicle.

In MN it's freaking SNOWING. So basically my weather is the same as NSM's because our states are right next to each other, except we might have slight differences.

Okay, now I'm getting pounded.

I'm surprised that my power didn't go out at all yet
and now that I said that the power's probably gonna go out

I was at DC this morning, my flight was almost the last flight out of DC, it was the scariest shit ever, the pilot even said "some flights you want to remember, but this'll definitely be one you want to forget". Everyone stood and clapped as we landed in Atlanta, crazy stuff. A friend's flight was cancelled and he's still at DC, I hope he stays safe.

Back