The Hurricane Sandy Thread

It's category 1 right now, which is what it's supposed to be when it makes landfall. After going in-land, it'll transition into a nor'easter/extratropical storm.

Also, this.

Red Barchetta said:
It's category 1 right now, which is what it's supposed to be when it makes landfall. After going in-land, it'll transition into a nor'easter/extratropical storm.

Also, this.

You need something more menacing like this.

I'd show you the 500mb aloft jet forecast, but I can't find the one that I like.

I really hope there's no snow or anything. That would really put a damper on this week and kind of ruin band.

The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
Pokémon Trainer Toad85 said:
Radagast the Brown said:

Note to Neptune: most people in America don't really have cellars.

Isn't cellar another word for basement?

The main difference I think is that a cellar is supposed to be for storage or other functional use (i.e., a wine cellar), while a basement is just any random underground room.

Radagast the Brown said:

Most people up north do, so you're wrong.

Bulbasaur said:
??? my family owns like 6 houses and they all have cellars

damn bro that's a lot of houses

It's also having an effect on my area, apparently:

My local forecast said:
The weather map is an ominous sight to the east coast. Sandy holds onto her hurricane status but is transitioning into a storm that spreads her wind field much further and wraps in cold air as well. That is where we get brought into her grips.

Today we have mid and high level clouds from Sandy with some showers to our west. Winds are increasing and will be gusty out of the Northwest. As Sandy makes her turn back to the west in her approach to the NJ coast vicinity, strong winds increase even more here Monday and Monday night. Cold air gets sucked in as moisture increases from Sandy. This brings snows to the mountains with some rain showers here that may mix with some snow Monday night into Tuesday.

Tuesday looks raw! Cold, windy and cloudy with occasional rain-snow showers. Mountains get moderate snows and the winds keep howling like a werewolf the day before Halloween.

For the record, I live in the Foothills region of North Carolina, just at the foot of the mountains. I'm also under a Winter Weather Advisory until Halloween morning.

ThreeThousand said:
Mountains get moderate snows and the winds keep howling like a werewolf the day before Halloween.

Does your forecast always make use of stupid puns, or is this a special case because of the timing of the storm?

Anyway, my area's supposed to get sustained winds (up to 30 mph, if memory serves) for the next couple of days.

Byakuya Togami said:
ThreeThousand said:
Mountains get moderate snows and the winds keep howling like a werewolf the day before Halloween.

Does your forecast always make use of stupid puns, or is this a special case because of the timing of the storm?

That's not really a pun. It's a simile

Pandapowah said:
School is cancelled for two days for me because of the hurricane.

If a hurricane were to hit here, I would rather face all the damaging winds than go to that place I so much hate. So lucky you.

Baby Luigi said:
Pandapowah said:
School is cancelled for two days for me because of the hurricane.

If a hurricane were to hit here, I would rather face all the damaging winds than go to that place I so much hate. So lucky you.
I have two tests during those days, so I get more time to study now. Hehe

Again, I'd forget the damaging winds. I'd be so happy I didn't have to go to school at all.

Bulbasaur said:
they are for business

that's p. cool

I am up north.

If anything, I can only speak for people up north.

Oh that's right, you're in PA.

New Super Mario said:
Wisconsin is great. We don't have nothing really, unless you count snow, rain, thunder, and the occasional tornado.

But, good luck with the hurricane anyway.
similar situation in minnesota

just snow, rain, thunder, but no tornados, instead, heavy winds

good luck new yorkers. i hope my cousin and uncle and aunt stay safe

MCS said:
Radagast the Brown said:

Most people up north do, so you're wrong.

I am up north.

If anything, I can only speak for people up north.
Just because you don't have a cellar, doesn't mean everyone else in America doesn't.

Back