Mario games you don't like the title?

Paper Mario:Sticker Star (It's absolutely childish)

Super Paper Mario (The "Super" is getting waaay too overused)

Do Japanese names count?

Paper Mario RPG (The Japanese name of Thousand-Year Door) (Seriously, we all already know it's a RPG, no need to put it in the title!)

Mario Kart 7 (I don't really like titles that have numbers on them)

Wario Land: Shake it! (Wario shaking his ass in the title screen makes the title look disturbing)

Super Mario RPG (Really? Really? Pokemon doesn't have RPG in the title and everyone knows it's an RPG!)

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Same reason as Mario Kart 7)

Miracle Matter said:
Wario Land: Shake it! (Wario shaking his ass in the title screen makes the title look disturbing)

That has absolutely nothing to do with the title. It's just Wario being himself.

Miracle Matter said:
Super Mario RPG (Really? Really? Pokemon doesn't have RPG in the title and everyone knows it's an RPG!)

If you remove "RPG" from the title, people WILL mistaken it for a platforming game

Baby Luigi said:
If you remove "RPG" from the title, people WILL mistaken it for a platforming game

Oh yeah, I forgot how majority of fans are dumb.

Miracle Matter said:
Baby Luigi said:

There are not fans buying the game. There are random people, never fans of the Mario series, who are buying it because they want to try it out. Please don't use fundamental attribution error to describe people who might get confused of the game because of a misleading title.

Miracle Matter said:
Baby Luigi said:
Miracle Matter said:
The Pokemon series started out as an RPG, the Super Mario series started out as a platformer. I think it was a wise choice to have the title indicate it was a different type of Mario than what most people were used to.

At the time, it was. Now we have many variety of games that it doesn't really matter anymore. For example, you can't tell Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is an RPG by simply looking at the title and the game art.

Baby Luigi said:
At the time, it was. Now we have many variety of games that it doesn't really matter anymore. For example, you can't tell Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is an RPG by simply looking at the title and the game art.
Yes but games get a lot more press now a days then they did back then plus at the time the N64 was the thing dominating Nintendo News

Baby Luigi said:
In Mario's RPG history, Paper and M&L are the recurring titles and also the synonym for RPG. Fans can distinguish as soon as sequels coming out.

Compared to them, Mario RPG wasn't a game fully-planned to have features or longterm goals. So it shows to be the only Mario's traditional RPG.

World10 said:
New Super Mario said:
Michael Myers said:
World10 said:
I think "Luigi's Mansion 2" is a better name than "Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon".
Why
Why!

Exactly. Dark Moon is an awesome name.
They could at least give a better name.

I kind of feel like Dark Moon is one of the more creative names, and honestly I'd much prefer it to them using a console name or a number tacked on to the end of the title.

Nathan Drake said:
I'd much prefer it to them using a console name or a number tacked on to the end of the title.

Desu (this)

I don't really like titles who just have numbers in the end of them, I prefer titles who have words.

Baby Luigi said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Magikrazy said:
World10 said:
New Super Mario said:
Michael Myers said:
World10 said:
Why
Why!

Like what?
Something that doesn't sound like a *bleep*ty 80's rock album

Or a crappy Transformers movie.

I think it's safe to say that you just don't like any of the titles for the mario games.

videofreakboy91 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Magikrazy said:
World10 said:
New Super Mario said:
Michael Myers said:
World10 said:
Why
Why!

Like what?
Something that doesn't sound like a *bleep*ty 80's rock album

Or a crappy Transformers movie.

I think it's safe to say that you just don't like any of the titles for the mario games.
Or you know, she has opinions. You must be new to the subject so let me explain. People are allowed to think what they want, not just what you want to hear.

um relax, it was sort of a joke as i'm seeing that they were saying pretty much alot of mario titles that they don't like. go stalk laurie strode or something.

Baby Luigi said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2: Freaking misleading misnomer. I expected it to be a game where you are able to pluck vegetables and throw them at baddies, but instead, I got COINS COINS COINS instead.

Mario Kart 7: Worst name in the Mario Kart series. I don't even have to explain. Even Mario Kart 3DS is a better name. It's as if the Mario Kart Arcade GP series suddenly stopped existing.

Super Mario 3D Land: Misleading misnomer again. It sounds like this game would take place in Sarasaland. It doesn't.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: "Super Mario World 2" is added there just to attract sales. It has absolutely nothing to do with Super Mario World, unless you're counting Yoshi and Super Baby Mario.

Super Mario Galaxy 2: More like Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 if you ask me.

These are the ones I thought of on top of my head.

once upon a time, nintendo thought of making remakes. then they decided against it

mmmmm I like the titles of most games but the worst would be NSMBU simply because it sounds so incomplete since its such a short title, like just 1 letter difference between this and the first NSMB game!

videofreakboy91 said:
um relax, it was sort of a joke as i'm seeing that they were saying pretty much alot of mario titles that they don't like. go stalk laurie strode or something.

Mario has 120+ games. I am barely scratching the surface.

videofreakboy91 said:
why does everyone on this forum hate super mario galaxy 2? i thought alot of people loved that game.

I don't but I guess it's because there are not much new elements.

videofreakboy91 said:
why does everyone on this forum hate super mario galaxy 2? i thought alot of people loved that game.
It's just everyone has different tastes.

videofreakboy91 said:

If I were you, I'd avoid using superlatives like that. I'm pretty sure there are some who like that game

Back