Mario games you don't like the title?

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
Are there any Mario games you don't like the title? Does PM Sticker Star make the game sound too kiddy? Did Super Princess Peach only sell mediocre sales because the title made it sound too much like a girls game and made boys too embarrassing to ask their parents for it? Should it have been called Toadstool saves Mario?
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
New Super Mario Bros.: Freaking misleading misnomer. I expected it to be a game where you are able to pluck vegetables and throw them at baddies, but instead, I got COINS COINS COINS instead.

Mario Kart 7: Worst name in the Mario Kart series. I don't even have to explain. Even Mario Kart 3DS is a better name. It's as if the Mario Kart Arcade GP series suddenly stopped existing.

Super Mario 3D Land: Misleading misnomer again. It sounds like this game would take place in Sarasaland. It doesn't.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: "Super Mario World 2" is added there just to attract sales. It has absolutely nothing to do with Super Mario World, unless you're counting Yoshi and Super Baby Mario.

Super Mario Galaxy 2: More like Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 if you ask me.

These are the ones I thought of on top of my head.
 

Anser

King Bowser
Paper Mario: Sticker Star. What a ridiculous and childish name. Nothing to be compared with the epic Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
 

Dorayaki

King Bowser
I don't have comments on some names that sound good or bad. I do care about some titles of a series that did't show to be unified, like Super Paper Mario or Super Mario Kart.

For SPP, I think it can be a simple name without "Princess".
 

SKmarioman

King Bowser
Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2: More like Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 if you ask me.
It literally is Super Mario Galaxy 1.5:
The development of Super Mario Galaxy 2 started as soon as the first Super Mario Galaxy was released. Many of the ideas were based on those shown in the first game, which, for example, included moving or adding new stars in the levels. The project was initially called Super Mario Galaxy 1.5. The development of the new version of the game lasted a year; however, Miyamoto realized that the new game was beginning to overflow with new elements and ideas. Therefore, the team decided to create a real Super Mario Galaxy sequel rather than a new version of the original installment.
Hope that sums it up for you.

And I agree, Mario Kart 7 is the worst name in the series, and it should have just stayed as Mario Kart 3DS as many people thought it would.
 

Cirdec

Celestial Guide
Paper Mario sticker star: not very attractive name.

Super Mario 3D Land: doesn't take place in Sarasaland.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Paper Mario:Sticker Star is a better title than Paper Mario 3DS :rolleyes:
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
MCS said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros U

I mean, seriously, it's not new anymore, they've had this around since 2006.

maybe I joked a little bit there but still
It's not that weird of a thing. I mean, shouldn't places like New Hampshire and New York be called, um, Old York and Old Hampshire by now?
 

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
MCS said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros U

I mean, seriously, it's not new anymore, they've had this around since 2006.

maybe I joked a little bit there but still
I actually once saw a parent mistake the original NSMB as a new game because it had "New" in the title.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Nabber said:
MCS said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros U

I mean, seriously, it's not new anymore, they've had this around since 2006.

maybe I joked a little bit there but still
I actually once saw a parent mistake the original NSMB as a new game because it had "New" in the title.
That isn't an unreasonable mistake, but I doubt the developers aren't going to change the title because the "New" attracts sales like these
 

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
Wario Ware D.I.Y. definitely
Super Smash Bros.: Melee (it was not only melee, close range fighting)
Mario SuperStar baseball
Wario Land: Shake it (it's not bad but it isn't great)
 

Pandapowah

King Bowser
SKmarioman said:
And I agree, Mario Kart 7 is the worst name in the series, and it should have just stayed as Mario Kart 3DS as many people thought it would.
I think Mario Kart 7 is a better name than Mario Kart 3DS.
 

UwU Master

We will cwush tis webelwion owo!
Pandapowah said:
SKmarioman said:
And I agree, Mario Kart 7 is the worst name in the series, and it should have just stayed as Mario Kart 3DS as many people thought it would.
I think Mario Kart 7 is a better name than Mario Kart 3DS.
I personaly thought that Mario kart 3DS should have been it's name since they have been naming Mario Kart games after the system they are on since Super Mario Kart (excluding Mario Kart:Double Dash and at least they didn;t use a number for that) and not using numbers.
 

Pandapowah

King Bowser
Bowser45 said:
Pandapowah said:
SKmarioman said:
And I agree, Mario Kart 7 is the worst name in the series, and it should have just stayed as Mario Kart 3DS as many people thought it would.
I think Mario Kart 7 is a better name than Mario Kart 3DS.
I personaly thought that Mario kart 3DS should have been it's name since they have been naming Mario Kart games after the system they are on since Super Mario Kart (excluding Mario Kart:Double Dash and at least they didn;t use a number for that) and not using numbers.
My thought is the opposite of that. I think its nice that they did something different with the name.
 

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
When the second Luigi's Mansion was announced, I didn't like the title Luigi's Mansion 2. I was pretty content when they changed the title to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Speaking of which, Nintendo, when are you gonna give more info on this?!
 
Top