Waluigi's own game

Shokora

L'esclavage D'amour
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I wonder if Waluigi will ever get his own game. He has been a bit of a third-wheel in most games, and people say he was only invented because Wario needed a partner for Mario Tennis (Nintendo 64). But Luigi got Luigi's Mansion, Wario got his Wario Land series, when is it Waluigi's turn to stand in his own light?? Opinions :D

:yoshi: YoshiKong :dk:
 

Cirdec

Celestial Guide
Since he doesn't appeared in Mario Kart 7, Daisy will have her own game (if it happens) before him, so you have to be very patient.
 

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
I highly doubt that Waluigi will get his own game.

Cirdec said:
Since he doesn't appeared in Mario Kart 7, Daisy will have her own game (if it happens) before him, so you have to be very patient.
My initial reaction to this post:

lol what
 

Paper Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Waluigi should star alongside with Wario first
 

Dorayaki

King Bowser
If you don't mind, I'd clearly say again that please remember to search for similar topics that appeared recently.
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=19044.0


Same reasons I don't have to type again.

Dorayaki said:
We have many other main characters (Daisy, Toad, Birdo), you have to give every character their own games to show fairness.

Yoshi series is a presequel, and if you want Waluigi has his own life like Wario and DK do, to date we don't see much information that Waluigi has something special for his own story and partners.
Baby Luigi said:
1. This should be in the Mario verse
2. Maybe not, but he should have a major role in a Wario Land/Warioware/possibly a platforming Mario game at least
 
I doubt it, Waluigi was made for spin-offs. He's only there because they thought Luigi needed his own version of Wario.

I feel like he's better off staying in spin-offs. But that's just my opinion
 

Dorayaki

King Bowser
Crackin355 said:
I doubt it, Waluigi was made for spin-offs. He's only there because they thought Luigi needed his own version of Wario.

I feel like he's better off staying in spin-offs. But that's just my opinion
Depends on the story. As we know Peach never invites her friends to her party, and Wario doesn't invite his partner to his game company. Party original hosts and SPM characters seem to be really designed for those specific games.

For Camelot's sport spinoff series, there is also a historical problem that Camelot didn't introduce Waluigi in the previous Golf 64. Even though Waluigi is a successful character, actually Waluigi didn't have to be born if other athletes return.
 

User4042

Celestial Guide
Cirdec said:
Since he doesn't appeared in Mario Kart 7, Daisy will have her own game (if it happens) before him, so you have to be very patient.
SUPER MARIO LAND
PRESS START TO PLAY​
 

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
Jesus, when will people stop making these threads?

I know you love Waluigi, that I'm not whining about, but this thread has been made like 9999999999 times.
 

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
First of all, Waluigi's decline was eventual. His "big time" never really existed. In everything that existed he only existed as a partner for Wario. His time in the shine was a few spin-off games that he never played a main role. If anything before even getting a game of his own, he must actually have a Wario game he is in.
 

Windy

Lakitu
His antagonist roles have Game & Watch Gallery 4, Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.
These games haven't Daisy, but Wario has in both games.
Mario Tennis: Power Tour has ONLY game that Waluigi was appeared and Wario wasn't in at all.

Antagonist and playable either have Mario Party 3, Mario Tennis 64 and GCN(Both games have Intro).
 

Dorayaki

King Bowser
Icanhasgoomba said:
First of all, Waluigi's decline was eventual. His "big time" never really existed. In everything that existed he only existed as a partner for Wario. His time in the shine was a few spin-off games that he never played a main role. If anything before even getting a game of his own, he must actually have a Wario game he is in.
Before that, we have to see what his "own game" means.

What you mean "big time" is something about the mainstream SMB series, that is saving Peach or helping Bowser (if as the formula). Spinoff regular is indeed a problem, but in this topic we know DK/Wario games are not doing with Peach and Bowser, instead they have original characters and stories.

So that doesn't mean subcharacters can't have own games, just depending on whether they really need it.
 

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
Dorayaki said:
Icanhasgoomba said:
First of all, Waluigi's decline was eventual. His "big time" never really existed. In everything that existed he only existed as a partner for Wario. His time in the shine was a few spin-off games that he never played a main role. If anything before even getting a game of his own, he must actually have a Wario game he is in.
Before that, we have to see what his "own game" means.

What you mean "big time" is something about the mainstream SMB series, that is saving Peach or helping Bowser (if as the formula). Spinoff regular is indeed a problem, but in this topic we know DK/Wario games are not doing with Peach and Bowser, instead they have original characters and stories.

So that doesn't mean subcharacters can't have own games, just depending on whether they really need it.
Well, I inferred from the title "His own game" it meant that he would be the major character, such as Mario in all Mario Bros. games. Waluigi has played antagonist in spinoff games but only when Wario is, playing as his lackey. Waluigi also has a varying personality making it kind of a challenge to make a game about him. He in some games is the stupid one, with Wario being the smart one, and sometimes the other way around. Therefore if they wanted to make a series game where they had to stabilize a specific personality, Nintendo would chances are ignore that. In spinoff games, really it does not matter his personality, but in a series game it does. Do you see what I mean?
 

Lolcrawler

I choose you!
Icanhasgoomba said:
Dorayaki said:
Icanhasgoomba said:
First of all, Waluigi's decline was eventual. His "big time" never really existed. In everything that existed he only existed as a partner for Wario. His time in the shine was a few spin-off games that he never played a main role. If anything before even getting a game of his own, he must actually have a Wario game he is in.
Before that, we have to see what his "own game" means.

What you mean "big time" is something about the mainstream SMB series, that is saving Peach or helping Bowser (if as the formula). Spinoff regular is indeed a problem, but in this topic we know DK/Wario games are not doing with Peach and Bowser, instead they have original characters and stories.

So that doesn't mean subcharacters can't have own games, just depending on whether they really need it.
Well, I inferred from the title "His own game" it meant that he would be the major character, such as Mario in all Mario Bros. games. Waluigi has played antagonist in spinoff games but only when Wario is, playing as his lackey. Waluigi also has a varying personality making it kind of a challenge to make a game about him. He in some games is the stupid one, with Wario being the smart one, and sometimes the other way around. Therefore if they wanted to make a series game where they had to stabilize a specific personality, Nintendo would chances are ignore that. In spinoff games, really it does not matter his personality, but in a series game it does. Do you see what I mean?
I have to agree with Dorayaki, and YM. Waluigi does deserve to be in more games then spinoff games, but for now if they were to make him be in a story game then they should probably, at least at first, make him a minor character. Then maybe a character that plays a main/slightly main role. Then as a main character, and finally as a playable character. Truthfully, I think that the game that waluigi should first be a playable character in should be a puzzle game, since waluigi is mainly seen as the smarter of the two. Also waluigi should be in a RPG game if not a puzzle game. Though Dorayaki was right to wait for the meaning of "His own game".

Lumin Blade said:
His antagonist roles have Game & Watch Gallery 4, Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.
These games haven't Daisy, but Wario has in both games.
Mario Tennis: Power Tour has ONLY game that Waluigi was appeared and Wario wasn't in at all.

Antagonist and playable either have Mario Party 3, Mario Tennis 64 and GCN(Both games have Intro).
Your grammar is terrible. I had no idea what you were trying to say.
 

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=20810.0
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=19044.0

Why must we have three threads for this?
 

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
Nabber said:
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=20810.0
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=19044.0

Why must we have three threads for this?
My thoughts exactly.
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
It's about time Waluigi got his own game. :waluigi: Make it happen, Miyamoto!
 

videofreakboy91

Monty Mole
i don't think it necessary for waluigi to have his own game, if anything, waluigi must make his debut in a wario game first before he has a game of his own. if he were to have his own game outta the blue, which is sorta doubtful, i was thinking it would be a cool idea as how waluigi has never had his own game, that he gives being in other nintendo affiliated games a shot, like super mario bros., zelda, pokemon, fire emblem, etc, but with a silly twist as waluigi doesn't fit. just an idea, kinda like the plot for wreck it ralph.
 
Top