Waluigi's own game

^agreed.

Waluigi's game would be awkward and quite frankly unnecessary. And he is in any series games whatsoever. He does not have a specific personality as I said earlier. And to make a game mainly about him, they would need to stabilize that personality. And obviously Nintendo is quite fine changing Waluigi's personality to make it funny or fit the game. And Waluigi needs to be in a Wario game, or at least a series game of any sort (not including spinoffs). Like a good game for example could be a two-player game called "Super Wario Bros." Where it is Wario and Waluigi as the playable characters. And you can tell Waluigi is dying out. He was not in Mario Kart 7. Though I suspect that Nintendo will put him back in to another spinoff games to put players at ease, after they are cursing Nintendo for not including Waluigi. In short, unless Nintendo drastically changes Waluigi will be in very few (if any) spinoff games and never have a game of his own.

Icanhasgoomba said:
Waluigi's game would be awkward and quite frankly unnecessary.

How?

Icanhasgoomba said:
He does not have a specific personality as I said earlier.

Because Mario is very well-known for his colorful personality.

Icanhasgoomba said:
And you can tell Waluigi is dying out. He was not in Mario Kart 7. Though I suspect that Nintendo will put him back in to another spinoff games to put players at ease, after they are cursing Nintendo for not including Waluigi.

Waluigi is certainly not dying out. He was excluded from just one game tops. Compared to Toadette, Baby Luigi, and Toadsworth, Waluigi is actually thriving as a playable character.

Icanhasgoomba said:
Like a good game for example could be a two-player game called "Super Wario Bros." Where it is Wario and Waluigi as the playable characters.

And you can tell Waluigi is dying out. He was not in Mario Kart 7. Though I suspect that Nintendo will put him back in to another spinoff games to put players at ease, after they are cursing Nintendo for not including Waluigi.
If the next Wario Land platform game can be for multiplayers, there should be the stage of Waluigi I think. Unfortunately all other old Wario Lands are single players only.

Is Waluigi the only main character that didn't appear in Kart 7? Why not taking Party 9 as the example?
This should be in line with the roster statistics. Also, there is no way characters dying out or appearing in all games..

Dorayaki said:
Icanhasgoomba said:
Like a good game for example could be a two-player game called "Super Wario Bros." Where it is Wario and Waluigi as the playable characters.

If the next Wario Land platform game can be for multiplayers, there should be the stage of Waluigi I think. Unfortunately all other old Wario Lands are single players only.

Is Waluigi the only main character that didn't appear in Kart 7? Why not taking Party 9 as the example?
This should be in line with the roster statistics. Also, there is no way characters dying out or appearing in all games..

I know, and you are right on that stuff. But I think that it is possible for characters to stop appearing in games. For example, characters that are in Super Mario Sluggers? Half of them this is the first spinoff game they've ever been in. And if Waluigi stops appearing in spinoff games, what hope does he have. I think people will keep playing games that he's in but he may stop appearing in new games.

^agree

I think that Waluigi does deserve a game that isn't spinoff, as creating quite a few story plots with his overall personality. Though as YM stated, he needs more of a stable personality. Sometimes he is smarter, sometimes he is dumber, sometimes he is snobby and talkative, other times they don't care enough to make him talk at all. Who is he, what does he want, why does he compete. All that stuff you need to know before he has a single non-spinoff game. If you ask me, he should appear in a few more spinoffs, get a settled personality. Then star as a minor character in a game. It would take a while till' he is "created" enough to be a character, or even main character. What I meant by minor is like the shop owner for a Wario land game, or just a character that appears in one part, rather then a playable character.

Yes but this thread is about Waluigi having his own game, as in being in a game about him. And also, maybe in a game where he has the minor role he could be an instructor. And I do like Waluigi, but he is not main enough to have his own game, nor does he need one. Very little people would play it. I think even though Waluigi is underrated he does not need to gain popularity by doing what this thread suggests merely by the title. Having his own game. He would not be a good character to be a main, since he is awkward.

Again, I have no idea what Waluigi's personality has to do with any of this. Mario games are not well-known for their colorful plot and deep characters. They're known for fun. Waluigi can act a little quirky when he's platforming, but overall, I still have no idea what his diverse personality has to do with this.

Icanhasgoomba said:
He would not be a good character to be a main, since he is awkward.

You still fail to mention why he is awkward. His "awkwardness" did not prevent him from being in Mario Party games, running and jumping around akin to Mario platformers.

Baby Luigi said:
Again, I have no idea what Waluigi's personality has to do with any of this. Mario games are not well-known for their colorful plot and deep characters. They're known for fun. Waluigi can act a little quirky when he's platforming, but overall, I still have no idea what his diverse personality has to do with this.

Icanhasgoomba said:
He would not be a good character to be a main, since he is awkward.

You still fail to mention why he is awkward. His "awkwardness" did not prevent him from being in Mario Party games, running and jumping around akin to Mario platformers.

True, but what I meant is that it is different when the computer moves the character rather than you moving the character. I think that it would be possible, but after the Super Mario Bros. series an extremely awkward for that he is tall and long legged.

Um, you can control Waluigi in Mario Party games :-\

I mean, he doesn't look awkward here, doesn't he?

Coin_Cache_5.png

Baby Luigi said:

Coin_Cache_5.png
true, but they wanted an anti luigi, and couldn't have him do any less then any body else

Baby Luigi said:

Coin_Cache_5.png

Shrunken here. He needs to be full size in the games where he is the main character. Maybe when he does not have a mushroom he will be as tall as Mario when he does have a mushroom.

Lolcrawler said:
true, but they wanted an anti luigi, and couldn't have him do any less then any body else

Initially, yes, but Waluigi has garnered fans over the years that would want him to have a major role in something outside of spin-offs.

It's similar to Luigi's issue. Luigi was created solely to serve as player 2. Now, bam, he gets his own game. The man who was initially a green Mario clone, gets his own game.

Icanhasgoomba said:
Baby Luigi said:

Shrunken here. He needs to be full size in the games where he is the main character. Maybe when he does not have a mushroom he will be as tall as Mario when he does have a mushroom.

Nope, he does not need to be full sized. Toads are about half the size of Mario and they are scaled up, to Mario's height, in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Besides, Waluigi has the same hitbox in the Mario Party games as everyone else. It's really a noissue.

Baby Luigi said:
IMO, personalities do make impacts but not in all kinds of games.

DK's game (forest platform) represents wildness, and Warioware game represents quirkiness. SMB games don't show personalites so Luigi and toads can be playable as well. The conclusion is still that which kind of game can be for Waluigi?

RPG is an ideal stage for all personalities, but after SPM we don't see whether the staff are willing to make stories for other main characters, like Paper Sicker we've seen.

Icanhasgoomba said:
Yes but this thread is about Waluigi having his own game, as in being in a game about him. And also, maybe in a game where he has the minor role he could be an instructor. And I do like Waluigi, but he is not main enough to have his own game, nor does he need one. Very little people would play it. I think even though Waluigi is underrated he does not need to gain popularity by doing what this thread suggests merely by the title. Having his own game. He would not be a good character to be a main, since he is awkward.

The biggest problem for Waluigi himself is that he's still a subcharacter, as told many times,
Dorayaki said:
We have many other main characters (Daisy, Toad, Birdo, Bowser), you have to give every character their own games to show fairness.

Diddy Kong's racing was a good example. Even though it was actually a nice game, the original characters were similar with Camelot athletes, who were lack of bonds and visibility with the original series. So neither Diddy's own sequel nor Banjo/Conker's new series made success. It tells how important making visibility before own games.

Bowser45 said:
YoshiKong said:
How about... Daisy's own game! :eek:

I personally think Daisy should stick to spin-offs.

I think the same with Waluigi.

They shouldn't make a game for every single character in the series. That'd be silly. They have enough games that do that.

Crackin355 said:
Bowser45 said:

They shouldn't make a game for every single character in the series. That'd be silly. They have enough games that do that.
Please beware that they can still be in other games even if they don't own games, that's two different things.

Daisy to NSMB games is just same as Waluigi to Warioware games, both owing to their partner status in spinoffs. But it's also a reason why they don't need own games.

It's true that characters' own games shouldn't be overused, if these games can't be as unique as DK/Wario series.

Why would Daisy be in a NSMB game?If she does appear in a platformer I don't think should happen in the first place) in should be in a Super Princess Peach 2 game or something.

If Waluigi and Wario were playable in NSMBU then Waluigi MIGHT deserve his own game but until that happens he does not deserve his own game.

Bowser45 said:
Why would Daisy be in a NSMB game?If she does appear in a platformer I don't think should happen in the first place) in should be in a Super Princess Peach 2 game or something.

It already happened

Bowser45 said:
If Waluigi and Wario were playable in NSMBU then Waluigi MIGHT deserve his own game but until that happens he does not deserve his own game.
In the formula of NSMB, obviously Daisy has more things to do than Wario bros, no matter she's a player or just an NPC. Daisy doesn't have to be playable in SPP since Peach isn't the damsel in distress (uh, unless her target is Luigi).

Being playable didn't necessarily mean importance here, judging from the example of NSMB generic toad players.

BTW, Super Princess Peach is also an own game example. IMO it adds puzzle with normal platform systems, but generally not far from the NSMB games with Peach playable.

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:
Bowser45 said:

Please beware that they can still be in other games even if they don't own games, that's two different things.

Daisy to NSMB games is just same as Waluigi to Warioware games, both owing to their partner status in spinoffs. But it's also a reason why they don't need own games.

It's true that characters' own games shouldn't be overused, if these games can't be as unique as DK/Wario series.

I am aware of that. This topic is called Waluigi's own game, please be aware of that. If someone were to make a topic that said Waluigi should be in a Wario game, I still wouldn't think he deserves to be in anything other than spin-offs, which is what he was created for.

Back