Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS announced

Rad Dudesman

King Bowser
Announced in October's Corocoro.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth

Releases in Japan this winter.

You transform into a Pokemon at the start of the game.

Partners are Pikachu, Axew, Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott.

Uses 3D models.

Publisher is the Pokemon Company. Developer unknown.

Cofagrigus, Keckleon, Rampardos have shops. (Excuse my English name fails)

More details to come.

Screenshots inside the spoiler tags.

corocoro101.jpg
corocoro102.jpg

Fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, sweet Jesus.

This is the best thing ever.

And a coincidence considering a few minutes before I saw this, I decided to replay PMD2.

Also, serebii says it'll have AR features. So scanning things like clocks or food will open 'magnagates' to new dungeons. Or something like that.

Ooh, sweet. I'll definitely try to get this.

Smugleaf said:
Partners are Pikachu, Axew, Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott.

This is too good to come without some sort of catch.
I half expect the game will try to eat you if you try to play it or something.

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
This is too good to come without some sort of catch.
I half expect the game will try to eat you if you try to play it or something.

First off, I don't think there will be a single catch here. Sure, there might be a recruit or two recruits or five recruits or nine recruits or a thousand recruits or nine million, four hundred and ninety-three thousand, seven hundred and twelve recruits. But not a single catch.

And now we have that part where you think the game might eat you when you play it. Maybe that is what the developers are doing? It would be really unique if they really pulled it off, and it would be really satisfying trying to dodge it attempting to eat you before you played it every time. It would really up everyone's reaction time if they knew that their life depended on it, y'know.

FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES

YEAH!! It's about time for a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game! Definitely buying this.

This is great news. I was just replaying to Explorers of Sky about two days ago.

I'm going to guess that Cofagrigus is the new bank clerk, replacing Duskull. I don't know, but the shiny gold color on his area and the fact that he's a ghost (duskull was the previous bank) gives me that impression.

Kecleon's shop should be obvious to those who played previous games.

Rampardos looks like he replaces Xatu judging by the chests next to him.

No idea about the Cinccino, Foongus, or Deino though. I might guess that Cincinno replaces Chansey or maybe even Kangaskhan and Foongus replaces Electivire. Maybe Deino is a new shop?

I get the feeling that Crustle and Dwebble will be this game's Ursaring and Teddiursa, where the latter two want to evolve, but can't do so until you find the evolution place.

And finally, judging by the images, it seems that some of the random explorers/residents include Leavanny, Roggenrola, Timburr, and Mienfoo.

I kind of hope they bring back Friend Areas from the first game, because I thought that was pretty cool.

I hated that system because I thought it was ridiculous to spend so much money just to get each friend area

On the subject of friend areas and such, I didn't think they were terrible at all. They were nice to just aimlessly walk around in, and it gave the game an extra (albeit minor) dimension. It was also always nice to give Gummies to your recruited Pokémon and get their stats up every time you gave them one, something which — sadly enough — you can't do in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky: in the first two, you just have to hope that the Pokémon you give the Gummi to gains a stat bonus, and in the third one listed you can still kind of get a stat boost every time you feed a Gummi to a Pokémon, though then you need to make one of those drinks at Spinda's café and that just is bad.

I just hope the Wigglytuff guild returns somehow.

Man that was such an awesome storyline, I'm not sure how this can possibly follow on.

lol wow you guys are really excited for this game <_< lol i don't like Mystery Dungeon Games :l they should've never been invented! lol sorry if that "offends" you XD They should just stick to regular main Pokemon games...

Mario7727 said:
lol wow you guys are really excited for this game <_< lol i don't like Mystery Dungeon Games :l they should've never been invented! lol sorry if that "offends" you XD They should just stick to regular main Pokemon games...
You're certainly not trying to cause turmoil...

Mario7727 said:

That would've been enough. If you were trying not to annoy someone, that is.

Mario7727 said:
How old are you?

Back