Legendary Pictures' Godzilla

What did you think of the movie?

• Total voters
Well, Godzilla is the main character. But i'll reserve judgement until I see the film on Thursday. But from the trailers, the stuff with Cranston sounds really good.

Then again, the Man of Steel trailers were so much better than the movie.

They say Cranston does a good job with his role, but ultimately the human part of the story isn't compelling.

So it's basically like Pacific Rim, it seems, in that the action sequences are very well-done but the movie kinda lags on emotion and possibly plot.

No-Face said:
So it's basically like Pacific Rim, it seems, in that the action sequences are very well-done but the movie kinda lags on emotion and possibly plot.
ah ha ha

for once, nabber, we agree on something

I'll have to wait until I see it to decide for sure, though.

Dr. Javelin said:
No-Face said:
ah ha ha

Don't get me wrong, I loved Pacific Rim. I thought the characters were pretty compelling, they just weren't very good with the pacing. Also, del Toro tried to fit in too many characters. If he maybe removed the 5-minute narrated intro, the Herc/Chuck subplot, and a little bit less robot fighting too, they probably could have made the movie a lot stronger.

No-Face said:
Dr. Javelin said:
No-Face said:
ah ha ha

Don't get me wrong, I loved Pacific Rim. I thought the characters were pretty compelling, they just weren't very good with the pacing. Also, del Toro tried to fit in too many characters. If he maybe removed the 5-minute narrated intro, the Herc/Chuck subplot, and a little bit less robot fighting too, they probably could have made the movie a lot stronger.
That still doesn't change all the plot holes or the fact that Mako becomes mute after the battle with Otachi.

so my friend and i just booked tickets for the 3d showing on friday night 8)

so pumped

Just got back from watching this movie.

Without spoilering anything or writing a big review, let me say this:

WATCH.
THIS.
MOVIE.

I might not be a big Godzilla expert and I also neither watched Pacific Rim, but I am completely blown away right now.

Godzilla said:
>Not seeing it late Thursday night

Filthy Casual
well excuse me for having something called homework

anyway, i don't know if any of you got a free music track for buying tickets but i did and i can say that even if this movie turns out to suck, at least the music is going to be great

Let me tell ya the movie doesn't suck.

I don't know much about the older godzilla movies but someone I went to cinema with said the movie reminded him extremely of some old Godzilla movies from the 70s, in a positive sense.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR! SUCK IT, ROLAND EMMERICH! THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A GODDAMN MONSTER FILM!

Ehem.

Damn, that was good. For ten years we've waited for a new Godzilla movie. Now it's finally here. I'll do a full blown review later, but not on the forum.

I am so goddamn happy right now. So many awesome moments.

Holy shit, that atomic breath. MUTO got her head blown clean off! Then that tail slam to crush and impale the male one. So goddamn awesome. Also, dat Mothra reference.

Back