Legendary Pictures' Godzilla

What did you think of the movie?

• Total voters
I agree. You should have taken her. The film is so romantic. Godzilla is the tale of two starcrossed lovers. Godzilla just felt like being a dick and ruined their relationship.

It totally is!

I mean, it's undeniably got the best kiss scene since Lady and the Tramp, srsly: there's an equivalent to meatball-sharing part and everything. Granted, it's a radioactive nuclear warhead this time around, but really, that just gives it more zest.

Walkazo said:
It totally is!

I mean, it's undeniably got the best kiss scene since Lady and the Tramp, srsly: there's an equivalent to meatball-sharing part and everything. Granted, it's a radioactive nuclear warhead this time around, but really, that just gives it more zest.
Don't forget the part where she rubs the nuke on her stomach

So, uh, Angry Joe, a reviewer I tend to agree with, wasn't really impressed with the movie despite liking Pacific Rim.
Are his points valid? Should I still go see this?

what did i just do
Dr. Javelin said:
do you know what this means gp

IT MEANS I'M ACTIVELY SEEKING OUT OTHER OPINIONS

which means i am NOT simply agreeing with everything he says, and am asking other people i know if they agree/disagree

Dr. Javelin said:
Well, Bryan Cranston does die early but I didn't have a problem with that, although it is true that the lead character from then on (not including Godzilla) isn't terribly compelling, and it was annoying when they kept cutting from Godzilla to the humans being dumbasses, but what was seen was always very epic. I also didn't mind that it took an hour for Godzilla to show up: most of that stretch of human-plot was interesting enough, and it built proper anticipation; later on, the military's shitty plot at least functioned to build up a good sense of dread, too, I thought.
I think it's worth watching. At the very least, Godzilla's parts make up for the cons.

His complaints about the lack of Godzilla are understandable. However, I bring up this counter argument. You never really saw the shark in Jaws. You didn't see the alien much in Alien. Quality over quantity as they say. The absence of Godzilla actually helps the movie. It makes his scenes all the more awesome. Even when he's not on screen, you can feel his presence.

The characters aren't that great, but they are acted well. Bryan Cranston is fucking amazing. It's like the characters in Pacific Rim. They're not that great, but they're passable and do well. Seriously, it's a monster movie. Don't go in expecting Gone with the Wind. It seems like Joe's expectations were way too high. It's okay to have a movie that does not have mindless action for two hours like Bayformers.

I liked it more than Pacific Rim, so there's that. I still recommend it. His six out of ten is a little too low for me. I give it an 8/10.

alright, that's all i needed to know.

now the question is: should i see this or the new x-men movie, considering i haven't seen either

His points are spot on with mine. Though he didn't mention how great the cinematography is. But the new X-men has been getting very good reviews, so you should probably see that.

My friend said this was a bad movie.

He says Godzilla only shows up for fifteen minutes. Is this true? And please don't spoil in your answer.

Magikrazy said:

He says Godzilla only shows up for fifteen minutes. Is this true? And please don't spoil in your answer.
People are spoiled and want two hours of pure action. This isn't Bayformers. Think the T-Rex in Jurassic Park.

Godzilla said:
Magikrazy said:

People are spoiled and want two hours of pure action. This isn't Bayformers. Think the T-Rex in Jurassic Park.
sigh

yes, i can see your viewpoint that people should be more patient, but the problem is that this movie in particular suffers until godzilla comes on because the rest of the movie just isn't interesting. so it's a valid complaint that godzilla gets limited screentime.

I thought this movie was really good! The Visuals were great, the emotion was touching, and Bryan Cranston ( although he was only there for 30 minutes ) gives a powerful performance. However there's this one scene with this little Japanese kid who was put on the wrong train and Aaron Taylor Johnson takes care of him, and he was only there for 5 minutes, but he didn't have any effect the movie whatsoever, and there's a generic monster Godzilla fights who is not a monster that Godzilla has fought. People complain about Godzilla not being in the movie enough, but personally I'm okay with that because the focus of the movie is not Godzilla it's about the people who are going through this crisis. Overall this Godzilla movie is really good and certainly an improvement over Roland Emmerich's version

I thought the little kid's part was great: Ford going out of his way to help him was a better show of character than all his phone calls with his wife put together, and him struggling to remember even single words of Japanese from his own childhood was his most relatable moment for me.

Ok I've never seen any Godzilla movies and don't know anything about it. I'm not seeing this at the cinema and I'll wait until it comes to Lovefilm but do you need to of seen any other Godzilla movies before this or can you watch it on it's own?

Back