Gravity Falls

Gummy said:
Hey, anyone wanna help nominate characers for FCIV?

Also Nabber, you can find full episodes online pretty easily.
I can't, but I recorded a bunch of episodes that were on last night.

Bane said:
Football Club IV?

I think he's referring to this.

Also, I haven't seen this yet, but I'm thinking about checking it out.

Nabber said:
Gummy said:
Hey, anyone wanna help nominate characers for FCIV?

Also Nabber, you can find full episodes online pretty easily.
I can't, but I recorded a bunch of episodes that were on last night.
I missed those. I was at my town's High school football game and I was at XC. I wanna see the Gobblewonker episode again

So now I've watched a good half of the episodes and I have to say I love this show. It's hilarious, the characters are great, and there's a lot to keep fans busy. Really, I can't say I hate any of the characters. Maybe that's because they remind me of MLP characters?

Dipper=Twilight (socially awkward, loves organization)
Mabel=Pinkie Pie (wacky person who knows what she's talking about)
Pacifica=Diamond Tiara (<3)

Might start giving this show a shot tomorrow. It might hold me over at least til' I finally hear when Season 3 of FiM begins.

I need to watch this. I've heard amazing things about it and it sounds like the sort of show I'd really like. I get a sort of Phineas and Ferb-meets-Scott Pilgrim vibe from it.

Gideon Gordon Graves said:
I need to watch this. I've heard amazing things about it and it sounds like the sort of show I'd really like. I get a sort of Phineas and Ferb-meets-Scott Pilgrim vibe from it.
That. Exactly that.

Gray Mann said:
Gideon Gordon Graves said:
That. Exactly that.

Oh my God. That's perfect.

I got to seeing some of this. It is pretty good so far, the last two I saw of this post especially were really good (Episodes 4 and 5). It's good enough to say I think I enjoy it more then Regular Show or Adventure Time and may actually bother to see new episodes online. Though I can't say I'm crazy about it yet.

I am absolutely HATING the Wendy crush.

Gah it's so stupid stick to conspiracies that is what I signed up for

And I am desperate to see what the code at the opening turns into.

And for the love of god disney, please don't ruin this for me. I can already feel its tendrils...changing it...it used to have a creepy vibe to it...and now...I predict it may turn into a watered down Phineas and Ferb.

Well I've seen to the latest episode (Unless Episode 10 aired and it just wasn't on the site I used yet). And I'll officially say I like this show. And maybe even consider myself a fan. However I'm not too crazy about it. I like it more then Adventure Time and Regular Show, but it's still not something that gets me excited to turn on the TV for the next episode. Don't get me wrong it's a good show, and I'm glad I gave it a shot and I'll be seeing more of it in the future. But it's missing something that I really can't put my finger on at the moment.

But what I like it about so far is that it does really have some clever stuff put into it. Especially in the episodes after Episode 3. I also like the Opening theme. The characters are nice too but I couldn't really pick a favorite character and not in a "They're all great characters" way, but more of a sort where none of them stood out quite enough to choose my favorite. I kinda liked both Dipper and Mabel but I really don't know if I quite like them enough so far.

Pyro said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Dipper is pretty much a male Twilight Sparkle
please don't compare a male idiot from a mediocre show to the second best pony in a great cartoon
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess, for enjoying a show and comparing traits of characters who happen to be the main character of their respective shows and are smart and capable but have certain OCD tendencies and tend to overreact to very slight alterations from what they've planned.

Also, screw you, Gravity Falls is awesome, the only good show on Disney Channel right now (unless you count Phineas and Ferb, which I don't really watch).

Anyway, I FINALLY saw the time travel episode last Friday.
I guess Mr. Waddles is going to be a recurring guy now... Also, I thought the future guy was, like, Dipper from the future, because he almost kind of looks and sounds like him.

Still, it's like, what, 8 episodes in, and already they're messing things up, in both past, present, and perhaps even the future!

Not to mention, the advertisements for that episode were really misleading. Like you get the feeling they were going to go back when when Gruncle Stan was much younger and mess stuff up, but really, he was only there for like 2 seconds, if even that. All that said, it was a fun episode, like always.

Yeah Pyro now that I've actually seen the show that was incredibly stupid for you to say. Dipper and Mabel definitely remind me of Twilight and Pinkie though. In fact if those two characters were siblings it'd be pretty much just like Dipper and Mabel's relationship in Gravity Falls.

You know what, I actually like Mabel a lot more than Pinkie Pie. Because Pinkie Pie's "zaniness" is almost always used to get on people's (and ponies') nerves, even if she's innocently unaware of it. With Mabel, at least so far, her silliness isn't SO annoying (so far, it only annoys Gruncle Stan, Pacifica Northwest, and occasionally Dipper, though Dipper seems to be used to it by this point), not to mention, she actually BECOMES aware of it and tries to improve herself... Even though the episode in question basically used her silliness to help find
and free the 8th and a half president of the United States, who was just as much an oddball as her, perhaps moreso.

Not to mention, Mabel knows when to be serious and help out, while Pinkie just seems oblivious to everything most of the time. It seems like, with season 2 at least, they really brought out the more obnoxious traits of Pinkie Pie. To me, anyway. With Mabel, so far so good

Well Mabel still has to do more for me to be convinced of that. But frankly, as fun as it is we should probably stop doing any more comparisons with other shows for far too long. Otherwise there might end up being an argument between fans of the shows. We're kinda lucky Pyro's rude comment didn't cause it immediately.

I saw an advert for this the other day, possbly meaning it's only just arrived in the UK. Seemed pretty funny, maybe I'll try and catch an episode or two.

BTW, I just want say, I like the fact that there's a recurring antagonist (Lil' Gideon), someone who ISN'T a fucking AlphaBitch. Fucking teenage dramas with "mean girl"-like tendencies, no, the little kid with psychic powers and the same mystery book as Dipper, FAR more interesting then anything involving Pacifica Northwest (or Wendy, for that matter, but I'll save that for another time).

I like how he has a connection to Gruncle Stan, even if it's superficial and based around money and ripping people off (still waiting to find out if Gruncle Stan is more than he lets on), and even though he's only appeared in two episodes so far, there's another one featuring him coming up, and I'm looking forward to that. It just feels like it's all set up for something bigger down the line, and I like that. I keep imagining eventually, Gideon will organize a strike back against the pines, and use all the supernatural (and non-supernatural) enemies seen throughout the series, including the Gnomes, Wax Larry King's head, the "manotarus", etc. I doubt that'll happen, it seems a bit too predictable and I'm not sure how, exactly, that would be set up, but it'd be awesome if it did happen.

Also, he's voiced by Thurop van Orman, and I find that just awesome.

why can't I enjoy anything without it turning into a discussion about ponies

seriously, there's a thread for this

Gray Mann said:

(There was only a few posts and even the big fans of it are trying to steer it away from it. Calm down a little)

"Calm down"?

Look, all I've been is calm about this. You're the one that's overreacting. Don't get so defensive. I'm just saying that there's a thread for that sort of discussion- and by God, it isn't this one.

Gray Mann said:

It was just a quick comparison before Pyro derailed it. We've since moved on (hopefully). Also, telling Northern Verve, who's trying to be nice about this, to "calm down", when you're the one who's clearly overreacting is just poor form. Please get over yourself.

LIKE I WAS SAYING: Lil' Gideon, who likes him as a recurring antagonist?

Smashgoom202 said:
Gray Mann said:

It was just a quick comparison before Pyro derailed it. We've since moved on (hopefully). Also, telling Northern Verve, who's trying to be nice about this, to "calm down"
I never told anybody to calm down.

I never expressed anything but calm, all I asked was for that discussion to take place where it actually belongs- in the MLP thread.

Actually, let me quote myself from earlier:
Gray Mann said:
MLP has absolutely nothing to do with Gravity Falls.

Please, please stay on topic.

and then seven more posts directly concerning/comparing MLP to this

Smashgoom202 said:
Gray Mann said:

It was just a quick comparison before Pyro derailed it. We've since moved on (hopefully). Also, telling Northern Verve, who's trying to be nice about this, to "calm down", when you're the one who's clearly overreacting is just poor form. Please get over yourself.

LIKE I WAS SAYING: Lil' Gideon, who likes him as a recurring antagonist?
I only saw only about ten minutes of him and was freaked out by his Lil Cals.
He seemed cool though.

Back