Gravity Falls

Jack Noir said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Besides, even if the show really DID suck as much as every other show on that channel, that comment will only hold water until Wander Over Yonder premieres!
you're saying a show is good before it's even been released

so therefore your logic is invalid
I'm saying a show is good because Craig McCracken created it. Someone who created The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and is married to Lauren Faust can do no wrong.

so basically your theory is that past success guarantees future success

Howard the Duck. Theory disproven.

Jack Noir said:

Legend of Korra is another good example. In my opinion.

Jack Noir said:

Do you mean the movie or the actual comics? Also, that's a bad example, because really, the Star Wars that was made was NOT the Star Wars that George Lucas wanted, and the version he DID want, as we see bit by bit weith ever new edition, isn't really what people like.

Craig McCracken, on the other hand, has been shown to be a talented animator with a good sense of wit and clever humor, both visually and verbally.

It's the same reason why I'm going to give Hotel Transylvania, the upcoming animated Adam Sandler movie, a chance, because it's being directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, creator of Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Sym-Biotic Titan, and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars mini-series (aka, the only GOOD thing to come out of the Star Wars prequels; keep in mind, I'm taking about the 2D animated series, not the 3D one).

My point being, Craig McCracken has proven himself to be a very capable showrunner, AND he has Emmy-winning shows under his belt. The creators of Phineas and Ferb used their experience to get what they want out of Disney, and threatened to go back to Family Guy (which actually paid more for them at the time) if Disney didn't let them do what they want. Since this is his own original creation, and he has a lot of credibility to his name, why doubt that it'll be good?

Smashgoom202 said:
Since this is his own original creation, and he has a lot of credibility to his name, why doubt that it'll be good?
well sue me for this but i just haven't personally been impressed by him

Smashgoom202 said:
Jack Noir said:

Do you mean the movie or the actual comics? Also, that's a bad example, because really, the Star Wars that was made was NOT the Star Wars that George Lucas wanted, and the version he DID want, as we see bit by bit weith ever new edition, isn't really what people like.

Craig McCracken, on the other hand, has been shown to be a talented animator with a good sense of wit and clever humor, both visually and verbally.

It's the same reason why I'm going to give Hotel Transylvania, the upcoming animated Adam Sandler movie, a chance, because it's being directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, creator of Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Sym-Biotic Titan, and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars mini-series (aka, the only GOOD thing to come out of the Star Wars prequels; keep in mind, I'm taking about the 2D animated series, not the 3D one).

My point being, Craig McCracken has proven himself to be a very capable showrunner, AND he has Emmy-winning shows under his belt. The creators of Phineas and Ferb used their experience to get what they want out of Disney, and threatened to go back to Family Guy (which actually paid more for them at the time) if Disney didn't let them do what they want. Since this is his own original creation, and he has a lot of credibility to his name, why doubt that it'll be good?
Lucas made the changes later, just like he made Howard the Duck later.

KoopaTroop said:
Llamas are nature's greatest warriors.
Please don't derail threads. Meaning getting completely off topic.

My I've seen all 4 of them. My favorite is the one in that store.

Queen Boo said:
KoopaTroop said:
Llamas are nature's greatest warriors.
Please don't derail threads. Meaning getting completely off topic.

My I've seen all 4 of them. My favorite is the one in that store.

umm...there's been like 7, and that comment wasn't off topic.

Yoshibaker said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Jack Noir said:

Lucas made the changes later, just like he made Howard the Duck later.
Lucas made the changes later because he wanted to make the Star Wars he always wanted. What I'm getting at is that George Lucas might not have been all that good to begin with. If he had gotten his way from the start, Star Wars would have been VERY different.

BACK ON TOPIC!

I saw the first two episodes on Disney's website, but now I want to watch the remaining four episodes before the next new one this August 10. Tried searching YouTube, but I haven't had much luck...

So apparently, last night was a "new episode". It wasn't advertised at all, instead they advertised the new episode coming next week. Either way, I was lucky enough to be watching Toy Story 3 to know to watch it right afterward.

So now it gets into awkward territory when Dipper begins to have the hots for Wendy (who, in retrospect, looks a lot like the Wendy from the fast food franchise), and I don't usually care for these kinds of plotlines, because obviously the younger kid doesn't have a chance but awkwardly tries to impress the older girl anyway. You know it's interesting, I thought Wendy would just be a sort of normal, non-believer as opposed to Soos, who DOES believe in the supernatural, or Grunle Stan, who claims he doesn't believe in it but I'm willing to bet he's hiding something (that's something I'd like to get into another time), but by the end of the episode, both she AND her friends have witnessed the supernatural at work. Makes me wonder if they're going to tell anyone, or realize no one will believe them or are too embarrassed by the whole event they'll promise never to speak of it again...

Speaking of Wendy's friends, they're actually pretty neat. I particularly like Thompson, the good-at-nothing, game-for-anything type of guy, and that dude with the black hair, who seems like a would-be adversary for Wendy's affections if Dipper actually had a chance. I wouldn't mind seeing these guys again.

The thing with the ghosts being convenience store owners who died from the "hippety-hop" teenagers were listening to is tragically hilarious. In face, I like how this show had the guts to go into all these spooky, macabre places on the DISNEY Channel of all places, especially since it all serves the purpose of the story (and occasionally for "Rule of Funny").

Final thoughts: a good episode, I enjoyed it, but then again, I've enjoyed pretty much every episode I've seen (even though I haven't seen every episode yet).

One last thing I wanted to bring up. While I nitpicked about Dipper's voice, there's another nitpick that doesn't bother me nearly as much... What kind of name is Dipper, anyway?

Not a new one, it came on a few weeks ago.

And I was expecting more codebreaking and stuff in the series after all the effort they put into cramming as many subliminal messages as possible into the opening sequence. And I'm still waiting to see what the whole "STAN IS NOT WHO HE SEEMS" thing turns into.

But we're only a few episodes in.

Oh.. Weird, I recall them labeling it a new episode... Either way, I don't expect them to get into the whole "STAN IS NOT WHO HE SEEMS" to play a part anytime, that's not usually how "myth arcs" work. Hopefully, the series doesn't get cancelled before getting into it...

For those of you who aren't convinced that this isn't just a kids show (and that the Disney Channel totally doesn't realize what they got into):

0a2.jpeg

...Yeah...

THE NEW EPISODE IS SO 80'S IT'S AMAZING

Also, Soos is now my favorite character, though Mabel is really close (if only they had more of Happy Dip in that episode).

So yeah, the new episode, Double Dipped, was pretty fun.
Dipper is pretty much a male Twilight Sparkle, only less of a bookworm. Also, I was pretty much with Wendy when Dipper revealed his birthmark (seriously, "Dipper"? but now it all makes sense). I actually like how the clones show no interest in being jealous or taking over, but only do so AFTER Dipper strays from "the plan", because dammit, the plan is ABSOLUTE!!!

Also, Pacifica Northwest: another alpha-bitch whom we're meant to hate. Whoop-de-*bleep*ing-do. I do like Mabel's new friends, and Soos and Gruncle Stan are hilarious as always! Overall, a really entertaining episode.

In other news, a sneak peak at this week's new episode!

And some awesome fan-made music!

Everyone be amazed! It is limited time only, the new episode, Irrational Treasure!

Huge Spoiler though, but for anyone who may miss it.

EDIT: But I just noticed the picture is reversed but who cares!

Back