A Roster I made For Smash Wii U (80 Characters!) (New Roster! With 63!)

I made this. Please tell me what you think, what should be added/removed.

Blue squares are default characters, and red means they're unlockable.

I had another one made before that (I'll show you it if you want), but it had way to many third-party characters, and some bad choices overall.

Take 2! This new roster has 63 characters (I added Spyro and Crash just to please myself). I will tell you what I changed below.

Changes I made:
-Mario: Took out Dr. Mario, Rosalina, Daisy, and Fawful. Changed Bowser and Toad to unlockable.
-Yoshi: Took out Birdo. After some thought, I think that Kamek would be a better choice.
-Wario: Took out Jimmy T. I was going to put Captain Syrup in, but decided she didn't fit, and left it at Wario and Waluigi.
-DK: No changes
-Kid Icarus: I saw some of your comments, but I still think these characters fit.
-Zelda: Kept Young Link. I think he's better than Toon Link. Took out Skull Kid and Impa.
-Metroid: No changes
-Kirby: No changes
-F-Zero: Added the Goroh guy. F-Zero needs at least another rep.
-Star Fox: No changes
-Pokemon: Replaced Pichu with this Zororak or something dude. I hear people want him in.
-Fire Emblem: No changes
-Earthbound/Mother: No changes
-Pikmin: Got rid of Louie.
-Super Smash Bros: Got rid of everybody
-Other: Got rid of Tom Nook, Banjo, Nintendog, Mii and Slime. Kept the others.

Re: A Roster I made For Smash Wii U (80 Characters!)

Yes
Everyone who was playable in Brawl

No
Birdo
Young Link (Toon Link was just fine)
Rosalina
Baby Mario Bros.
Impa
Pichu
Master Hand
Daisy
Palutena
Waddle Dee
Louie
Fawful
Tingle
Nabooru
Magnus

HELL No
Primid
Nintendog
Tabuu
Dr. Mario

Characters I wish could get in but probably won't
Tails
Mr. Resetti
Jimmy T
Crash

Everyone else I'm either fine with or meh about.

Northern Verve said:
HELL No
Primid
Nintendog
Tabuu
Dr. Mario
Any suggestions for replacements for these?

Yeah, Nintendog wouldn't really have a moveset, same with Primid. Dr. Mario is a copy of Mario, and Tabuu would be overpowered. The only reason I really put them in was cause I wanted some Smash Bros series representatives.

EDIT: Also, I like Young Link better than Toon Link so I replaced him

New Super Mario said:
Northern Verve said:
HELL No
Primid
Nintendog
Tabuu
Dr. Mario
More F-Zero characters. [/broken record]

I think in general 80 is too much. The maxinum for SSB4 IMO should be about 60. So I'd say just remove those spots entirely. But I suppose there are better ideas then those 4 if the roster must be 80 characters

Dang it: SonicMario ninja'd me.

Remove the following:
* Dr. Mario (he was a Mario clone in Melee and he doesn't really serve importance in the Mario series)
* Birdo (lack of importance, and not the most popular Mario character)
* Primid (they're generic enemies, they're not really part of any series)
* Banzo and Kazooie (they're property of Microsoft now, not Rare Ware)
* Rosalina (lacks importance and she's not the combat type)
* Pichu (its a Pikachu clone both moveset and physically wise since Pichu evolves into Pikachu)
* Master Hand (too big, and he's the main villain)
* Nintendog (what's it gonna do, bite the other characters?)
* Daisy (as much as I like her, she's not important enough, and she's already a costume for Peach)
* Tabuu (can we say overpowered?)
* Jimmy T. (Super Smash Bros. is a fighting game, not dancing)
* Louie (unless he uses different Pikmin, he's just an Olimar clone)
* Mr. Resetti (What's he going to do? Yell at the other characters until they run away crying?)
* Fawful (not important, and he's dead)
* Waluigi (not an important character)
* Tingle
* Tom Nook (Animal Crossing isn't violent enough to get a playable rep in SSB)
* Pac Man (unless you can come up with a moveset for him)
* Tails (unless SonicMario or any other Sonic expert/fan can come up with a moveset for him)

In order to get into SSB, a character should meet these requirements.

1. They're a video game character.
2. They're from a Nintendo franchise.
3. If they don't meet requirement #2, they should have some sort of history with Nintendo.
4. Ask yourself if its possible to come up with a moveset for them and will their size be an issue?
5. Are they popular enough/Do the fans want them?
6. They have to play a major role in their games. Take the Mario characters for example:
Mario (hero)
Luigi (sidekick/secondary hero)
Peach (damsel in distress)
Bowser (villain)
Yoshi (friend with spin off series)
DK (original rival with spin off series)
Wario (rival with spin off series)

Daisy and Waluigi would not work because they're in the spin-offs and are just there if the player wants to play as them. They barely contribute to the plot.

Fawful wouldn't work either because he was a minion in his first game, a shopkeeper in the second and the main villain in his third game. Even though he had a major role, it was only in 2 games, which can't compare to other Mario characters who've made more appearances and received more important roles.

'3K said:
New Super Mario said:
Northern Verve said:
HELL No
Primid
Nintendog
Tabuu
Dr. Mario
More F-Zero characters. [/broken record]
I thought I had that Samurai Goroh on there.

But I guess not. I might add him sometime tomorrow in replace with on of the Smash characters

I get what Superjeff is saying, but I think some of the characters have a lot of potential for movesets, Birdo, Jimmy T., Fawful, and Pac Man being a couple.

Yes:

-everyone in Brawl
-Young Link (better than Toon IMO)
-Bowser Jr.
-Ridley
-Roy
-Mewtwo
-Waddle Dee
-Louie
-Mega Man

No:

-Crash (better for Sony's game)
-Spyro (above)
-Impa
-Daisy
-Rosalina
-Fawful
-Nabboru
-Impa
-Skull Kid
-Tingle
-Slime
-Magnus
-Tom Nook
-Banjo

Hell no:

-Resetti
-Jimmy T.
-Birdo
-Master Hand
-Nintendog
-Tabuu
Primid

everything else I'm neutral.

New Super Mario said:
Northern Verve said:
HELL No
Primid
Nintendog
Tabuu
Dr. Mario

Little Mac, Saki, Goroh.

Don Pianta said:
* Jimmy T. (Super Smash Bros. is a fighting game, not dancing)
* Mr. Resetti (What's he going to do? Yell at the other characters until they run away crying?)
* Tails (unless SonicMario or any other Sonic expert/fan can come up with a moveset for him)

Jimmy T: Smash Bros. is a fighting game, not racing. So on this logic Captain Falcon shouldn't get in
Mr. Resetti: I think that Pickaxe of his could do some heavy damage...
Tails: Play Sonic Battle. Now

No offense, but 80 characters is complete overkill right now.

Northern Verve said:
Jimmy T: Smash Bros. is a fighting game, not racing. So on this logic Captain Falcon shouldn't get in
Mr. Resetti: I think that Pickaxe of his could do some heavy damage...
Tails: Play Sonic Battle. Now

Even so, racing is potentially dangerous, so Captain Falcon should be used the adrenaline rush. Plus, pretty much the most badass looking Nintendo characters ever. Jimmy T. just looks like Waluigi with an afro. (yes I'm well aware those were weak arguments, do don't bother pointing that out)

Still, is it possible to make an entire moveset with just the pickaxe? I suppose the other Animal Crossing tools (shovel, rod, net, and axe) can be added, but would it work? Besides, Animal Crossing is one of the least violent video game franchises.

I'll watch a YouTube video tomorrow.

Don Pianta said:
Still, is it possible to make an entire moveset with just the pickaxe? I suppose the other Animal Crossing tools (shovel, rod, net, and axe) can be added, but would it work? Besides, Animal Crossing is one of the least violent video game franchises.

Yeah true. I actually haven't even played Animal Crossing. For some reason I just think it'd be funny to play as Resetti. That's kinda why I put him in the "Probably won't happen but I wouldn't mind them" section. I think Resetti would be better then a generic Animal Crosser or whatever most people call it even if that is the playable character.

Don Pianta said:
Dang it: SonicMario ninja'd me.

Remove the following:
* Birdo (lack of importance, and not the most popular Mario character)
* Rosalina (lacks importance and she's not the combat type)
* Daisy (as much as I like her, she's not important enough, and she's already a costume for Peach)

5. Are they popular enough/Do the fans want them?
6. They have to play a major role in their games. Take the Mario characters for example:
Mario (hero)
Bowser (villain)
Well? As being main characters in Mario series, I don't see how you can say that Daisy or Birdo shoudn't be in Smash games, as they share the same weight with Yoshi or Wario. I can only say that there shouldn't be too many Mario representives in Smash games.

And in truth, DK and Wario are only spinoff regular in recent Mario games. There is no knowing that they are the most important main character as long as the staff never allow other players in NSMB.

The costume problem only depends on that whether the staff would directly make the "alternative character" in the same model, or just be a costume like it was.

If you can give me the movesets can be Daisy and Birdo, I will agree with you.
But still, Birdo and daisy is important, was not a main Mario game of the year.

Minuette said:
If you can give me the movesets can be Daisy and Birdo, I will agree with you.
But still, Birdo and daisy is important, was not a main Mario game of the year.

For Birdo, something with that mouth of hers and egg-spitting. Kinda similar to Yoshi, but with a new twist on it, and more powerful.

Alright, I will bring an updated list sometime today with 60 characters flat!

EDIT: New list put up. 63 characters.

ANOTHER EDIT: And if anyone wants to compare rosters with me, use this application to make one:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320445

Don Pianta said:
Mario (hero)
Bowser (villain)

Daisy and Waluigi would not work because they're in the spin-offs and are just there if the player wants to play as them. They barely contribute to the plot.

Why would they need to play a major role? It doesn't make much difference if they do or not, I think if they have a good enough moveset and a large enough fanbase, plus if they're unique enough, then they'd make a fine character. So, in my opinion, Waluigi would work well. I think Daisy's a bit too similar to Peach, so I don't think she'd work as well.

Gogeta said:
Damn it. My parents won't let me download anything on the computer, so I can't do this.
If you want, I can make your roster. Just PM me all the characters you want. There might be some limits, but I will tell you that if you send me the PM

Why do people insist on this? Birdo is NOT part of the Yoshi series and Waluigi is NOT part of the WarioWare series!!!!

Anser said:
Why do people insist on this? Birdo is NOT part of the Yoshi series and Waluigi is NOT part of the WarioWare series!!!!
In fact is it. The reason is that it's impossible to give each character a game, so there's a way of better use.
And it's weird to see their "best partner" doing their own things in other places (though for Yoshi, we don't know whether Birdo and Yoshi had become acquaintances in their childhood.)

Here's an idea. If we even need more characters for the Yoshi and Wario series, let's use characters from their games! Waluigi has never been in a Wario game, so it would make no sense to put him in a Wario series slot. The same thing goes for Birdo.

Dorayaki said:
Anser said:
In fact is it. The reason is that it's impossible to give each character a game, so there's a way of better use.
And it's weird to see their "best partner" doing their own things in other places (though for Yoshi, we don't know whether Birdo and Yoshi had become acquaintances in their childhood.)
That's how I view it too Dorayaki. I think it just fits better.

supermariofan said:
How do you make a roster?
Here:
New Super Mario said:
ANOTHER EDIT: And if anyone wants to compare rosters with me, use this application to make one:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320445

Klavier Gavin said:
Hey, that's a pretty good roster NSM.
Thanks Lily!

Also, I'll post GP's roster for him here too.

Back