A Roster I made For Smash Wii U (80 Characters!) (New Roster! With 63!)

Here's a splendid idea. You know how Wario, you could choose him to have either his overalls or his WarioWare get up? Doing something similar to characters like Mario so you could play as Dr. Mario without him being a separate character would work out fantastic. That way you don't clog up the roster with unnecessary clones. Only then would I be okay with Dr. Mario being in. Same with Shadow Mario, though Bowser Jr. wouldn't be a bad character IMO, as long as he's not a clone of either Bowser or Mario. If Nintendo could have it so that their names changed too, that'd be even cooler, for example choosing the orange, tan Peach and having it actually say "Daisy".

The problem with Pokemon characters is that there's too many of them, even more than Nintendo's biggest series, Mario (considering I count P. Trainer as three different characters). Sakurai removed Mewtwo for the likes of Lucario because he was more recent and more relevant in the series now, so I speculate that they're going to get rid of Lucario for the next installment and kicking in Zoroark. Pichu was removed from Brawl because no one wanted him in honestly - he was a horrible character.

Young Link is unnecessary and irrelevant, and he hasn't been in a game since, what, Melee (not counting the 3DS remake of OOT). We have Toon Link as a great replacement for him, and there are better candidates from the Zelda series to fill in. Fire Emblem doesn't need that many characters, as it's not that popular of a series anyway.

An Animal Crossing character is a great idea and you should keep Tom Nook in - using the variety of AC items (axe, shovel etc.) would make him a kickass character. With the confirmation of Namco being involved in the project, it's a safe bet Pac-Man is getting in. Waddle Dee is useless and works well already as being Dedede's weapon (it'd be almost like having Toad be in the game, while still having Toad be Peach's B Attack).

Simon is okay there, though I doubt they're gonna be including him. Mega Man is also highly wanted so it[s a pretty safe bet Nintendo's at least begging for Capcom to give them rights right now.

tl;dr no dr. mario, mewtwo, lucario, pichu, deoxys, lyn, roy, waddle dee, youmg link

Paper Jorge said:
Here's a splendid idea. You know how Wario, you could choose him to have either his overalls or his WarioWare get up? Doing something similar to characters like Mario so you could play as Dr. Mario without him being a separate character would work out fantastic. That way you don't clog up the roster with unnecessary clones. Only then would I be okay with Dr. Mario being in.

Agreed. Although that's not the first time that suggestion came up.

Paper Jorge said:
Same with Shadow Mario, though Bowser Jr. wouldn't be a bad character IMO, as long as he's not a clone of either Bowser or Mario.

I don't think we'll have to worry about Shadow Mario being a Mario clone considering he's never shot fireballs or used a Cape.

Paper Jorge said:
Young Link is unnecessary and irrelevant, and he hasn't been in a game since, what, Melee (not counting the 3DS remake of OOT). We have Toon Link as a great replacement for him, and there are better candidates from the Zelda series to fill in. Fire Emblem doesn't need that many characters, as it's not that popular of a series anyway.

Agreed, Toon Link felt slightly less clone-y than Young Link.

Paper Jorge said:
tl;dr no dr. mario, mewtwo, lucario, pichu, deoxys, lyn, roy, waddle dee, youmg link

Dr. Mario (unless its an alternate costume like you said)
Mewtwo/Lucario (no)
Pichu (agree)
Deoxys (I don't know, I think it could work)
Lyn (we kind of need more females)
Roy (agree)
Waddle Dee (go check out Spear Kirby from Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Young Link (who's Youmg Link? agreed)

Here's my roster:

scaled.php

Anser, I like the roster (as long as Krystal isn't a clone). I'm not so sure Nintendo'll be adding Louie though, if anything it's a new character from Pikmin 3

Don Pianta said:
Mewtwo/Lucario (no)

im just going off by what Nintendo seems to be doing, as chances are theyll have Zoroark in there instead. if it was up to me Id have a bleepload of characters, and have all past characters return so theyre all crammed into the game

@Paper Jorge: Krystal is the most different character from the Star Fox representants. Not a clone at all. And yes, I don't care if it's Louie or a new Pikmin 3 character, as long as Olimar is not there alone.

@New Super Mario: No, Masked Man is a cool character. Earthbound needs more representants (but just one more) and Smash needs more villains. Also, he's supposed to be Claus/Masked Man. Louie, as I said, doesn't necessarily have to be there; it could be anyone from Pikmin 3 as long as Olimar is not alone. And no, Zelda/Tetra would be the most possible thing to become a new representant from The Legend of Zelda. People want Zant, Midna, Skull Kid, etc, when they have little to no chance to appear since they have only appeared in one game. Also, Toon Zelda was partially programmed in Brawl, meaning she was going to be a character. I don't know about Tetra though, but it's what makes the most sense.

i had a great idea. replacing sheik with impa. yes? yes? come on, having skyward sword style zelda turn into sheik might be a little weird and irrelevant at this point, and impas a huge character in the series thats been in more games than ganondorf himself but she gets no love, not even a trophy

no as a separate character obv

i mean think of all the good things! no confusion over WHY SS zelda is turning into sheik and it counts as a new addition to the series! plus zelda can now be used as more instead of all zelda players going for sheik!!!

So Zelda won't transform into anybody?

That would be an awkward Down B move.

*Zelda does the transformation animation, but nothing happens.*

supermariofan said:
looks good thanks
but you replaced the red trainer If I hadn't, there would be way too many Gen I Pokemon playable.
and Waluigi is better off in the Mario section I put him in the Mario spin-off row because he's only really ever in the spin-offs. Being next to Wario is just coincidence, BTW.
and Shulk isn't third party I ran out of room on the previous row, so I put him on the next row. I never indicated he was third-party.

New Super Mario said:
I don't get why people want ANOTHER Toon character in the Zelda reps. They are unoriginal.....
Well who would you rather have? I could replace Toon Zelda/Tetra, although the only replacements I could consider (Skull Kid and Vaati) are no longer relevant.

Magikrazy said:
New Super Mario said:
I don't get why people want ANOTHER Toon character in the Zelda reps. They are unoriginal.....
Well who would you rather have? I could replace Toon Zelda/Tetra, although the only replacements I could consider (Skull Kid and Vaati) are no longer relevant.
Relevant doesn't really matter. It doesn't matter if they are old or anything either. Look at the ice climbers!

Vaati, Skull Kid, and Ghirahim, would be way better than Toon Zelda AND Tetra.

I guess that's true.

I already have Ghirahim in my roster, so who would be better to replace Toon Zelda/Tetra, Skull Kid or Vaati?

Back