Pikmin 3

New Super Mario said:
Or you can just shake the gamepad too.

New Super Mario said:
just shake the gamepad too.

New Super Mario said:
shake the gamepad

New Super Mario said:

WHY DID THEY ADD THIS STUPID FEATURE? This right here actually(and on accident) cost me and my cousin some trouble. We aren't intending it and we don't EVEN SHAKE THE DAMN GAMEPAD but it calls all Pikmin to dismiss anyway.

Is there...like...no way to turn off this feature?

Beat the game!

Finished on Day 47 with a time of 13 hours and 15 minutes. Collected all fruit. Had 708 pikmin remaining, and lost 812.

Check my review on this game to in this month's issue of the Shroom!

For us it was: Day 44 with 14:40. Around 693 Pikmin lost and about 159 remaining.

We didn't collect all fruit but we plan to do that another day...(i guess)

Fruit collected: 43/66?

Agumon said:
Only 13 hours? It takes me at least 10 more hours to complete a Pokemon game or Skyward Sword.
Yeah, it felt longer then that though. I don't really care though, time in a game doesn't really matter to me as much.

9-13 hours; even though that doesn't sound like much, the Pikmin series isn't built on how long the game is.

Pikmin 3 is an awesome game. It's longer than the first, it's just a bit shorter than the second, but they really did an awesome job on it. I felt that there was a lot of replay value in it, so much as to make me play it for a second time right after playing it. (Usually it takes a month for that to happen with some games)

Also, I use nunchunk and wii mote with gamepad as map, but one night I got so excited that I managed to save Pikmin at the last second, I shook my hands in excitement, and all the Pikmin that captain had were all dismissed, and I lost 40 some Pikmin because of it. It's sad, but I just wanted to share that.

Also, with that circle around the onion, it makes playing the game SO much more easier, especially when you are pushing through to the last seconds. Like, the first playthrough I was very cautious and when it said hurry up, I would send my captains to get any loose Pikmin and return to base to wait, but in my second run-through, I found myself be a lot less cautious and using my Pikmin till the last second, which cost me more Pikmin than the first time (the first time I didn't lose any Pikmin at night except for one night and it was three).

I hope that Pikmin 4 or some DLC is already in production, because I'm positive that the success of Pikmin 3 was just too great to just leave it there.

I've lost 94 Pikmins so far (mostly due to not bothering to clear the path before making automatic itineraries) versus like.. 30 for my last entire playthrough of Pikmin 2. I've been getting rusty.

2 already kinda hinted at it, but jeez,

Louie is an asshole.

I've lost around 350 Pikmin this time around, and I still haven't beaten the game. I'm on Day 48, and I'm at Twilight River.

Is it my lack of skill and the fact I suck at everything, or did this game up the difficulty in comparison to Pikmin 1 and 2?... Then again I've been playing with the Gamepad, simply put I need the map.

Ever since I've played Pikmin 3, playing some other games have been a little rough. I played through Donkey Kong 64 for a few days these last few days, and all I could think about is how awesome it would be if I could send each player on their own route and speed things up. You never realize how much micro-management is in this game until you play another game, because man did Miyamoto speak the truth about it.

I'm serious; when you really work at it, this game is just the bomb with multi-tasking, especially in that last level of the collection the treasure mission mode stuff, I felt like everything was so independent with all the Pikmin flying by in every direction on their own task.

Anyone who has Pikmin 3 will wake up tomorrow and find that they lost the game due to the fact that I stole it.

Man, have you guys seen some of the glitches you can do with the game? Here's a few of them:

Unknown Entity said:
HAHAH! Glitches will always be present in video games to the end of time. <3

Very neat.

then we the game of glitches

which is essentially any game made by bethesda

I still don't have this game yet. I have Pikmin 2 by my side to play but I am still going through Pikmin withdrawal regardless.

Just finished my second run of Pikmin 3. 33 days in 8 hours, 24 minutes.

It was all fine until the Formidable Oak, in which I significantly got worse at it. It took me four days to do the whole thing as opposed to the two from last run. Seriously, on the first day Olimar got eaten by the Wraith. Second day, I got to the final battle, but only had like 2 minutes to fight because of shitty shenanigans in the final segment of the Oak. Third day, I get his health down to a sliver but couldn't beat him for some reason. Finally on the fourth day I literally kill him within 20 seconds of arriving in the area. It's depressing.

Kellam said:
Just finished my second run of Pikmin 3. 33 days in 8 hours, 24 minutes.

It was all fine until the Formidable Oak, in which I significantly got worse at it. It took me four days to do the whole thing as opposed to the two from last run. Seriously, on the first day Olimar got eaten by the Wraith. Second day, I got to the final battle, but only had like 2 minutes to fight because of shitty shenanigans in the final segment of the Oak. Third day, I get his health down to a sliver but couldn't beat him for some reason. Finally on the fourth day I literally kill him within 20 seconds of arriving in the area. It's depressing.

Why you don't restart from the Formidable Oak then?

There was a post from the main menu where all the miis huddle around the Pikmin 3 thing, and it said something like this:

"I'm a bit of a newbie at this game, and I only beat it at Day 21. Gosh, I did terrible."

And All I could about was me being like "really...?"

I'm taking my time to explore everything. I think I'm on day 31 or somthing, I forgot.

Back