Pikmin 3

Third run.

Day 24, 32 deaths

Pretty good, but I fucked up badly in the Tropical Wilds (forgot to take out the Crawdad and the Fiery Blowhogs). Most fruit I got in a day was 7. Surprisingly didn't lose any Pikmin to the Quaggled Mireclops or Plasm Wraith this time, but I find it impossible to not lose any Pikmin to the Armored Mawdad. To be honest, I think most of my deaths this time around were caused by Fiery Blowhogs.....

P.S. I used the out of bounds glitch to beat the Formidable Oak because fuck that level.

I think I'm going to do another run, but this time my goal to get as little days as possible.

Which means that I'm just going to collect as little fruit as possible and focus on just getting from start to end.

I would rather fight emperor bulblax again than do The formidable oak level again.

Dimitri said:
I would rather fight emperor bulblax again than do The formidable oak level again.

Oh relax; after I played it like 4 times now, I can do that level in one day.

And heck, the boss is not really a problem for me anymore.

I got the DLC for the game, and tried one of the levels (would have done them all if I wasn't busy wanting to play the WWHD), and I need to work on it a bit...

Lol, I got platinum on the first 5, but then I play 6 and I get bronze. :P

Bump for the little yellow pikmin's sake.

Mission mode on Pikmin 3 is very addicting, it took me three months to figure this one out.

Looking at the leaderboards, people get some insane high scores.

Who else can't wait for the new round 3 dlc coming out?

Source
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga0T00jVUhM

And from this source below, you can hear the music cut from different parts whenever they transition the gameplay. This could perhaps mean that the stages will feature this new music

http://youtu.be/Nno4X4TeHk8?t=2m5s

I haven't played any of the DLC yet besides the 2 they gave for free. However, I plan on getting them next month. The DLC looks fun so far. Not only that, they seem to be a bit more creative.

Here's how I handle my Pikmin:

Reds: Fighting
Blues: Exploration
Yellows: Bomb Rocks
Rocks: Fighting/Chores (carrying enemy corpses, breaking down walls, etc.)
Wings: Carrying (pellets/fruit)

I definitely agree with Pink Pikmin. I use mine to carry the stuff back to base or to hold up those bamboo walls. They are not that strong, so I don't use them in combat unless it is one of those flying enemies or a burrowing snarget.

Rock I use to brake the glass walls with and other glass stuff, but I mainly use them for tougher enemies since they pack more of a punch in them. Sucks that you get more by throwing them.

Yellows, Reds, and Blues I use equally. I mean, Red's great for fire and stuff, and blue is awesome for water, and of course Yellow great for electricity. But I use them the same for battling, carrying, and everything else, unless their resistance is needed to get the stuff.

Maybe a change in strategy would work... I have over 100 of each so I don't have to worry about an extinction anytime soon.

How do you guys think of the DLC for this game?

Defitely love it, though I hate the latest ones.. Like, they're awesome and definitely really fun, but I just cannot do them. I got platinum on the christmas one (with 5 seconds left), but that construction I'm missing plat by 1 item via running out of time, then that last one with the conveyor belts...omg, that cannon beetle larva over the 4 conveyors. I am going to nuke it or something...

Deku Link said:
Defitely love it, though I hate the latest ones.. Like, they're awesome and definitely really fun, but I just cannot do them. I got platinum on the christmas one (with 5 seconds left), but that construction I'm missing plat by 1 item via running out of time, then that last one with the conveyor belts...omg, that cannon beetle larva over the 4 conveyors. I am going to nuke it or something...

It's best to not go after him first. You should gather some rock pikmin and then attack him.

This game is SO great!! The only thing I don't like about it is...

The final level. God, I hate this fucking level so freaking much. It's so stressful and annoying

Anser said:

The final level. God, I hate this fucking level so freaking much. It's so stressful and annoying

It really makes you have to constantly pay attention to Brittany while you deal with the other crap going on around you. Once you figure out the fastest routes and what enemies/terrain to expect, it becomes a lot easier. LIke, I think it took about 3 days (in game) for me to get out of that cave, but I learned how to do it in one cave.

Armin Arlert said:
Anser said:

It really makes you have to constantly pay attention to Brittany while you deal with the other crap going on around you. Once you figure out the fastest routes and what enemies/terrain to expect, it becomes a lot easier. LIke, I think it took about 3 days (in game) for me to get out of that cave, but I learned how to do it in one cave.
Am I the only one who never had a problem with it? I enjoyed the challenge.

New Super Mario said:
Am I the only one who never had a problem with it? I enjoyed the challenge.

I hate when something is chasing me. Especially if it does it in such a creepy way. It was so stressful, and I lost ALL of my Pikmin in the battle. I had to waste four more days in Tropical Wilds getting new Pikmin (and collecting the remaining fruit, of course).

Now, I have to say that the Multiplayer is GENIUS. Bingo Battle is just so addictive, clever and fun. I freaking love this game.

I would love to play Multiplayer, but my family does not know how to play Pikmin. Plus, the ones that do play Video games from time to time always seem to miss the obvious.

Armin Arlert said:
I would love to play Multiplayer, but my family does not know how to play Pikmin. Plus, the ones that do play Video games from time to time always seem to miss the obvious.
BMB i'm coming over to play pikmin

I really want to watch all the Pikmin Short Movies, but there's no way in hell I'm paying 5 dollars for that.

Anser said:
I really want to watch all the Pikmin Short Movies, but there's no way in hell I'm paying 5 dollars for that.
Yeah, they should really just make it a short on TV or something. The ratings would be insane.

Shiny Umbreon said:
Anser said:

Maybe people will put them on youtube.
Nintendo is super serious about copyright they'll take it down faster than a snail on caffine with nitrous fluid pumpin through it's dna.

Back