Pikmin 3

OK, just played Day 1 and posted some stuff to Miiverse... :yoshi:
I've said this so many times, but the only easy way to play it wi the Wiimote and Nunchuck, controls with the GamePad are screwy.
The only complaint other than that I have so far is that the group feature from the past two games (which is really useful) is gone :(

By group feature, do you mean swarm? I prefer Gamepad controls because it's like the GameCube one. Only complaint is that whistle is ZR rather than B and I keep on screwing up because of that.

Also, holy shit the Armored Mawdad is crazy. Lost 15 Pikmin to him, but ended up getting like 50 from his corpse.

Kellam said:
By group feature, do you mean swarm? I prefer Gamepad controls because it's like the GameCube one. Only complaint is that whistle is ZR rather than B and I keep on screwing up because of that.

Also, holy *bleep* the Armored Mawdad is crazy. Lost 15 Pikmin to him, but ended up getting like 50 from his corpse.
Yeah, I just hate having to point and throw Pikmin when the object is right next to you.
Haven't gotten t him yet, but I've seen videos and he seems like hell.

Olimar and Louie's roles in the game consist of finding treasure to buy back the Dolphin, but the ship from Pikmin 2 gets destroyed, yet Olimar keeps looking for treasure so Louie leaves him, and steals all your juice. Olimar also gets held captive by the final boss.

Just fought and defeated the Vehemoth Phosbat. Didn't lose any Pikmin to him (although I lost a red one to one of those little shits he spawns). However, the damn thing took me 1 and a half days to kill. Really fun boss fight though, although it's a lot more slow than the Mawdad one.

I really love all the different fruits in this game and how they still have wacky names like in Pikmin 2.

Kellam said:
Just fought and defeated the Vehemoth Phosbat. Didn't lose any Pikmin to him (although I lost a red one to one of those little shits he spawns). However, the damn thing took me 1 and a half days to kill. Really fun boss fight though, although it's a lot more slow than the Mawdad one.

I really love all the different fruits in this game and how they still have wacky names like in Pikmin 2.
Yeah.

I had less trouble on the Vehemoth Phosbat actually. I thought it was easier than the first boss.

Got to Day 16, about to face another boss in Tropical Wilds.

Only lost one Pikmin to the Armored Mawdad.
When I went back and beat him again in my other file, I lost 20 :mad:

Drift said:
Only lost one Pikmin to the Armored Mawdad.
When I went back and beat him again in my other file, I lost 20 :mad:

What? There is only one file in this game.

I beat the game.

I beat it on Day 34; got all the fruit.

I feel really sad now that I finished it, because now all I want to do is play it again, and then I'll be wasting too much time.

I felt so at ease though in this game. I managed to only leave 5 Pikmin behind on 1 day, and that 1 day was because something blocked me from getting to the Pikmin in time. I was really good managing all three captains, and I swear, at times I felt like 3 players playing a single player game.

And the graphics; pfft, people complain about the ground texture, but I was in awe at points in the game. It might have been more stunning to me because the day before I got Pikmin 3, I replayed Pikmin 1 all the way through, and just the difference from 1 to 3 were just...wow...

That chase took me three days to do. THREE! By the end of it, I was like a pro at micromanaging all my captains.

@BMB: 2 questions.

- How many hours did you put in the game?

- How would you rank each Pikmin type in terms of overall usefulness? What order did you use them from most used to least used?

There's one per NNID; of which I have two.

Burrowing Snagret was pathetically easy with Super Spicy Winged Pikmin.

Scornet Maestro was easy in the beginning, then I lost five Pikmin when he did that bullshit where he surrounds you with the little Scornets.

Also, the Bug-eyed Crawmads are impossible to kill. Doesn't help that there's two of these shits in the Garden of Hope with fruit, possible more elsewhere.

Ah, the Quaggled Mireclops. Definitely the "what the fuck is that" boss, and probably the most memorable one from the game so far. (Actually, all the major bosses in this game are pretty fucking fantastic and memorable).

Going to collect every fruit before taking on the Formidable Oak area. I have 33 juice supplies....I think I can manage.

I really like how the "major" bosses incorporate the type of Pikmin you found before hand (i.e. Rock against Mawdad, etc). Love this game.

Kellam said:
Burrowing Snagret was pathetically easy with Super Spicy Winged Pikmin.

Scornet Maestro was easy in the beginning, then I lost five Pikmin when he did that bullshit where he surrounds you with the little Scornets.

Also, the Bug-eyed Crawmads are impossible to kill. Doesn't help that there's two of these shits in the Garden of Hope with fruit, possible more elsewhere.

Ah, the Quaggled Mireclops. Definitely the "what the fuck is that" boss, and probably the most memorable one from the game so far. (Actually, all the major bosses in this game are pretty fucking fantastic and memorable).

Going to collect every fruit before taking on the Formidable Oak area. I have 33 juice supplies....I think I can manage.
Yes, exactly my problem. It's so hard to get it to flip over on it's back, and when it does, it doesn't stay there long enough for you to put any real good damage on it.

EDIT:

Also, the wollywogs go down so easily now with rock pikmin. It's amazing.

Yeah...

I spent like 11 hours on the game.

And I would rank the Pikmin in this order:

Winged
Blue
Rock
Yellow
Red

Winged made everything just so much easier. I mean really, I don't know how in the world I could get some stuff done without their help. Blue was next because once you got them, sending captains over long areas was easier when they had blue because they could automatically cross through water. Rock seemed to be needed a lot with all the crystals in the game. Yellow were great for all the fencings and some of the higher up areas. Red were just kind of there in this game, and they really weren't that important for the most part.

Also...

Quaggled Mireclops was definitely the bane of my game. I hated him so much when I battled him, and I was amazed that I did a decent job with him. For the Armored Crawdad, I did fair, though I could have done better. I bossed the phosbat thingy and didn't lose a single pikmin to it. I only lost one pikmin with the mursleeg guy, and that was because I couldn't pluck him in time. I did perfect on the Scornet as well. Just Mireclops was the death of many of my Pikmin. Plasm Wraith wasn't really that bad either in the battle, as long as you stay away from him most of the time. The chase was THE worse. Took me three days and like 100 of my Pikmin dead to finally reach the end. Thank god that bosses remain in the same spot and same health when you come back to them the next day.

Oh, and there was a huge bridge in the Tropical Wilds that I just completely missed until my last day there. I'm pretty sure that it would have made the game so much easier for me there had I just finished the bridge, instead of always having to go the long way around.

I'm going to replay Pikmin 3 now, because I'm still in that "new game" mode, and probably spend the next week on it trying to beat my record. By the end of the game, I had like 63 juices left.

I'm on Day 24, and have 33 of the fruits. We'll see how many days I have left.

And yes these Winged Pikmin are like heaven. Even if they are the weakest things ever, I don't care, I love them.

Alright, now I'm on Day 31 and need around 20 fruits to go.

Seriously BMB, Day 32 seems rather impossible. :P

If you compare it to Pikmin 1's time limit, I'm actually doing pretty good right now. Especially considering my juice is already off the screen.

And that Mireclops thing was hard.

And then I remembered I had Winged Pikmin....... Wasted a day on that using the other pikmin.

Also figured out how to beat those Crawmads. There pretty easy NOW :D

Going to do the other worlds first before going to Formiddable Oak.

New Super Mario said:
Alright, now I'm on Day 31 and need around 20 fruits to go.

Seriously BMB, Day 32 seems rather impossible. :P

1151076_630868120264183_721727058_n.jpg

I'm REALLY good at micromanagement. If you watched my videos, I was like 3 players in one.

I'm redoing it to see if I can trim it to Day 28. Now that I know where everything is, I'm sure I can easily do that.

And the final boss wasn't as bad as I thought, unless you're talking about that chase.

Yeah, the chase was shit, took me two days because the bastard got Olimar when I was building the final bridge. The final boss is really a pain though as it's very fast-paced compared to some of the other bosses.

Loved the music for it and I only lost four Pikmin to him. It starts out kind of slow, but when he's down to 1/4 health and starts creating three elemental prisms at once, then that's when the shit really hits the fan. I used Rocks only as his main attack is stabbing with his needle hands.

I really hope there is a fourth game, ha ha. There's just too many ideas that could be used. Really, really loved the Blue + Wing Pikmin puzzles.

Anyways, beat the game. Took me 50 days because half my time I like wasting days propogating Pikmin. :-[ Oh well, twas my first time. My first time in Pikmin 2, it took me 57 days to 100% it. Second time took me 29 days. My third time, I was down to 14 days.

One more thing: Ultra Spicy Winged Pikmin break the game. Even though they're weak, they took out both Bug-eyed Mawdads in one go and the Snagret as well. I think one of my favorite things about this game was that pretty much every boss (Aside from the Burrowing Snagret) was entirely new. Kind of sad that they didn't have a Man-at-legs fight or even an Emperor Bulblax fight, but oh well.

Bosses were excellent. But shame the bestiary in this game is quite limited compared to Pikmin 2. I think caves should have stayed.

I hope I'm not the only one who thought that the caves sucked in Pikmin 2.

They felt so limited and linear, and not the beautiful, lush, open worlds the outside had.

I agree with the caves being so poorly designed. However...I enjoyed them a lot because of the challenge it gave me(they were some tough cookies for me). TBH, Pikmin 3 feels like a walk in the park.

That is one downfall I must say for Pikmin 3. Difficulty being too easy.

One thing stands, however, and that is I love all three installments. Very enjoyable.

Back