Pikmin 3

New Super Mario said:
I hope I'm not the only one who thought that the caves sucked in Pikmin 2.

They felt so limited and linear, and not the beautiful, lush, open worlds the outside had.

True but on the other hand, they added more treasures, more creatures and bosses and considerably extended the life time of solo mode.

Unknown Entity said:
I agree with the caves being so poorly designed. However...I enjoyed them a lot because of the challenge it gave me(they were some tough cookies for me). TBH, Pikmin 3 feels like a walk in the park.

I thought Pikmin 3 was harder than the previous 2, in all honesty.

EDIT: On another note, did you guys find your 10 secret files and get the code? I did.

Kellam said:
Unknown Entity said:
I agree with the caves being so poorly designed. However...I enjoyed them a lot because of the challenge it gave me(they were some tough cookies for me). TBH, Pikmin 3 feels like a walk in the park.

I thought Pikmin 3 was harder than the previous 2, in all honesty.

EDIT: On another note, did you guys find your 10 secret files and get the code? I did.

What code?

I feel...a little empty after playing this game. Hands down, this is the best Pikmin game ever and one of the best video games I have ever played, but...

I feel like there could have been more. That might just be me in the "new game" phase still, but I felt like the game should have been a bit longer. Maybe it was because the bestiary was not as wide as the previous two.

I definitely do believe that the boss battles were epic, and this game had the best plotline as well as a continuous plot that had a few side plots along the way, rather than "get treasure" or "get ship parts".

And to those that complained about the ground texture, I'm pretty sure that in the Quaggled Mireclops battle that the muddy ground was not flat. I just love the graphics of the game, and I love all the Pikmin. I definitely agree with Miyamoto that this was the game that really made Pikmin feel like it should be.

Freaking Beady Long-legs always scare me when they drop down. Too bad I didn't have as many yellows as I would have liked though.

On Day 36, and need 16 fruits. I'll probably end up with 40-some days or so.

Got all the fruits in the Garden of Hope and the Distant Tundra. Gonna do Twilight River next.

EDIT:

Alright seriously, I suck against the long-legs. They seem to be even harder then in Pikmin 1. Lost like 60 pikmin to one.

Only need two fruits left, and then I'll go to Formidable Oak. On Day 41.

New Super Mario said:
Alright seriously, I suck against the long-legs. They seem to be even harder then in Pikmin 1. Lost like 60 pikmin to one.

For the Shaggy Long Legs fight, I just used Rock Pikmin since they're immune to his crushing, although the fight takes longer because of their inability to latch on to enemies.

993952_631287810222214_2102715241_n.jpg

Look how awesome I was! I got 7 fruit in 1 day!

539633_631287776888884_441013503_n.jpg

I'm already got to the end of Day 13, which was me getting Louie and Day 14 will be me getting Blue Pikmin. I think I have about 36-42 fruit so far, so at this rate, I'll be done with my second run-through by Day 20.

The most fruit I've gotten in one day is 5 and it was in the Tropical Wilds as well.

I've been experimenting with the camera feature on on my other file. It's really cool.

I think it would've been hilarious if you could temporarily stun certain enemies with the Flash feature on the camera, although that would be easily abused.

I've spent two days on the final boss so far and I'm in the dark cave area.

Am I close to getting done with this chase? Most of the bridge is done being built.

If I remember there are still some obtacles, but after you left the cave you have to fight him anyway.

All I know is that I hated it because there would be those spiders, or the thing would take a shortcut across one of the smaller sections, and then Olimar would be in trouble, and the worse is when your Pikmin are in it's path, and they stuck in it, and if it turns gold, they die.

When I made it out of the cave though, it was like "VICTORY!" There was so much to do...

The secret to beating the dark cave part much easier is to use Winged or Blue Pikmin to carry Olimar, preferably wings. The Mysterious Life Form can't touch water, so just have Brittany stand in the middle of the small lake in the area and have Alph and Charlie build the bridge and get everything else set up.

Kellam said:
The secret to beating the dark cave part much easier is to use Winged or Blue Pikmin to carry Olimar, preferably wings. The Mysterious Life Form can't touch water, so just have Brittany stand in the middle of the small lake in the area and have Alph and Charlie build the bridge and get everything else set up.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing.

Kellam said:

...holy crap.

Good thing that I didn't continue Pikmin 3 yet (I'm LITERALLY about to go straight into Formidable Oak on my second run-through). I'm going to be having such an easier time now.

Oh, and you could also use the Dodge Whistle trick so you don't have to pass through the area with all the Bulborbs. Just have like 15 Winged Pikmin free (i.e. not carrying Olimar), go to the paper bag on the ledge, and just keep on spamming the Dodge Whistle until the Winged Pikmin are behind the paper bag, then have them charge it and they should push it down so you won't have to go through the first area and immediately go to the second.

So, I'm about to start Day 24. Got all 66 fruit, and I have 75 juices.

I wasted a day on my trip because I had two fruit left, but before I could get the other one in time, the day ended, so I had to basically spend it growing Pikmin.

BTW,

Go to the last day after you beat the day (don't play it, just hover over it); and read the note on the Wii U gamepad. It takes about how Louie didn't come home with them, and he'll be fine wherever he is. Pikmin 4?

BTW x2, did anyone else notice the Version 1.1.0 at the bottom right of the menu screen? Does that mean that there might be DLC or updates or they just left it up there?

Got the game. Looks beautiful. New enemies/characters etc are great. Lack of swarming is really rustling my jimmies, though.

Glowsquid said:
Got the game. Looks beautiful. New enemies/characters etc are great. Lack of swarming is really rustling my jimmies, though.

I feel you, because I relied heavily on that in the first two games. However, the new "stampeding" thing is just as good as it does stuff that swarming never did.

Had they had both in the game though, that would have been awesome, and probably cut down some time in some tasks.

Ah, there's a way to tell Pikmins to pick up an object/attack an enemy without throwing them all individually? I suspected there's one but neither the instruction manual, the web or the tutorial (though since I'm up to the first boss, maybe I just haven't found the log yet?) have any precise instructions.

Glowsquid said:
Ah, there's a way to tell Pikmins to pick up an object/attack an enemy without throwing them all individually? I suspected there's one but neither the instruction manual, the web or the tutorial (though since I'm up to the first boss, maybe I just haven't found the log yet?) have any precise instructions.

Lock a target with ZL, then press B and all Pikmin will charge the locked target.

Cirdec said:
Glowsquid said:

Lock a target with ZL, then press B and all Pikmin will charge the locked target.
Or you can just shake the gamepad too.

Back