Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I wouldn't compare the New Super Mario Bros. series to the Paper Mario series.

Paper Mario went for 2 games in a row with completely different mechanics. This is where people started craving for nostalgia

Whereas, New Super Mario Bros. has 2 games in a row that plays very similarly to its precedents. That is where people want change.

YoshiGo99 said:
3 things I want for this game, good music, good graphics and fun but challenging gameplay

Doesn't everyone want good music and good graphics though?

But I say that the graphics look fine already

Baby Luigi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
3 things I want for this game, good music, good graphics and fun but challenging gameplay

Well yeah from PM2 to this one the graphics were all good.

I hope Kammy Koopa is in and can be fought unlike the battle in Paper Mario where Twink had to battle her. Also I hope the pit of 100 trials is back with creepy music and not relaxing music like in SPM.

YoshiGo99 said:
Baby Luigi said:
YoshiGo99 said:

Well yeah from PM2 to this one the graphics were all good.

I hope Kammy Koopa is in and can be fought unlike the battle in Paper Mario where Twink had to battle her. Also I hope the pit of 100 trials is back with creepy music and not relaxing music like in SPM.
You fight Kammy with Bowsr in TTYD.

I haven't really thought about the characters much.... I don't really care about them though. I'm buying this for the new sticker mechanic. It's interesting.

skulldug13 said:
Who are the partners ?

Not sure.

I think they've ditched the partner idea this time around. I couldn't really see partners working alongside the sticker mechanic anyway.

Crackin355 said:
skulldug13 said:
Who are the partners ?

Not sure.

I think they've ditched the partner idea this time around. I couldn't really see partners working alongside the sticker mechanic anyway.

Apparently, the wiki does not remove the claim. The partners shown in the wiki were Kertsi (some sort of sticker thing), a Chain Chomp, and a Green Toad

Well...E3 only showed Gameplay and battling style, not much about plot or character developement. That said, I believe partners are still in it, because they barely showed anything about people/characters.

^That's exactly what's leading people to believe that partners aren't in the game.

I don't believe in either until we know without a shadow of doubt that partners are/are not in the game

Crackin355 said:
I guess this proves people don't like change. Maybe that's the reason they repeat formulas (New Super Mario Bros. Series), because people complain if they change it and people complain if they keep it the same.

The thing about New Super Mario Bros is that it's pretty much the same thing each time, just on a different console. Hell, even all the worlds are practically the same thing (Grass, beach, ice, jungle, sky, lava, etc.) the changes made in each of the different installments are pretty minor, plus if you're gonna release two similar games in the same year, I wouldn't be surprised that there are people complaining about it.

Crackin355 said:
What I'm trying to say is that we should at least give this sticker thing and sidequest level up thing a try. You leveled up from sidequests in Okami (Getting Points or something) and that worked well.

The sticker thing, while at the moment it may seem like an interesting novelty, i fear it may become a bit annoying after continuous uses.

The sidequests I don't mind too much, but I can understand the skepticism.

Crackin355 said:
What I'm trying to say is that we should at least give this sticker thing and sidequest level up thing a try. You leveled up from sidequests in Okami (Getting Points or something) and that worked well.
Uhhh no. You could gather extra praise points from sidequests, but completing story objectives nets you enough to get by. There's no level-up system since it's not an RPG, you just upgrade your health, ink, extra lives (derp), and money pouch.

So yeah, not a good comparison.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Crackin355 said:
Uhhh no. You could gather extra praise points from sidequests, but completing story objectives nets you enough to get by. There's no level-up system since it's not an RPG, you just upgrade your health, ink, extra lives (derp), and money pouch.

So yeah, not a good comparison.

Yeah, I had a feeling I was off about something. But still, the side quest they showed was pretty much on the path where you needs to go. You'd either be very impatient or dumb to not talk to the toad that is right there next to you. You just needed 3 flower stickers and boom, more health.

And there might be upgrades from the storyline, we don't know yet. It's an okay comparison, it could've been better though. Since it's the same sort of side quest = get better abilities thing I thought it was an easy one to relate.

Crackin355 said:
Since it's the same sort of side quest = get better abilities thing I thought it was an easy one to relate.

Well, no, since doing sidequests doesn't improve Amaterasu's abilities (optional Brush Technique upgrades aside).

Back