Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Byakuya Togami said:
Piccolo (DBZ) was only good as King Piccolo. Piccolo the Pixl was only useful against the Underchomp (didn't care about those note blocks).
Still, you know you're bad ass when you're named after a small instrument.

Waddle Dee said:
As I said in my nowhere...
"No partners is better than a hundred Pixls!"
Yeah well what if these pixls merge together to literally make Zeus and throw Lightning at all your enemies killing them instantly.

Boidoh said:
This seems highly based on toads.
That's because the opening takes place in a festival for Peach. Of course there would be loads of Toads there and in the first area.

Gogeta said:
Still, you know you're bad ass when you're named after a small instrument.
Indeed, 'piccolo' itself means 'small'. Perhaps irony was the intent behind the character's naming, rather than the instrument itself. But then, what do I know?

Boidoh said:
Count Mario said:
Boidoh said:
That's because the opening takes place in a festival for Peach. Of course there would be loads of Toads there and in the first area.

:mad: Not that!

I meant the fact that you can use the Toads as ladders and they follow you around and stuff.
Oh. That still just emphasizes on this installment taking the Paper title literal for once instead of just a graphical style with a few jokes parodying it.

Honestly, I think Sticker Star would be fine if the NPCs aren't blocky and ugly like the ones in SPM...

And no Pixls. I liked Tippi and Thoreau but still I prefer partners.

Count Mario said:
Boidoh said:
Count Mario said:
Boidoh said:

I meant the fact that you can use the Toads as ladders and they follow you around and stuff.
Oh. That still just emphasizes on this installment taking the Paper title literal for once instead of just a graphical style with a few jokes parodying it.

I think i saw a toad meter or something... It may replace partners, or co-exist. It reminds me of pikmin with all the toads running behind you..

I think you also won't have special attacks like the star spirits and crystal stars. I think the Cat Fan and trumpets items will be your special abilities

I hope they have something like that because I was fuckin disappointed when I found out you couldn't use the Pure Hearts in battle. And also, I hope badges are making a return.

I did see one on the back of the Yoshi Sphinx so I think there is but I hope they are long like Paper Mario 1 & 2 chapters and not short chapters like the ones in SPM

quote author=Boidoh link=topic=18976.msg800867#msg800867 date=1339198723]
Count Mario said:
Boidoh said:
Count Mario said:
Boidoh said:

I think i saw a toad meter or something... It may replace partners, or co-exist. It reminds me of pikmin with all the toads running behind you..
[/quote]
I'm not sure whether I want a bunch of Toads following me

I think everybody is treating this too much like a traditional paper Mario game. It's almost nothing like it, except for the environment, and even that has changed a lot.

Treat it as a completely seperate game, like how your supposed to treat Super Paper Mario as a Platformer, and not a RPG.

Crackin355 said:
Treat it as a completely seperate game, like how your supposed to treat Super Paper Mario as a Platformer, and not a RPG.
Well, it's still not mainstream game. I think Super Paper just provide a new type of game that make platform features with RPG while you still have to go shoppings for HP and solve mysteries. That doesn't mean the new sequel has to be like one of the previous games.

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:
Well, it's still not mainstream game. I think Super Paper just provide a new type of game that make platform features with RPG while you still have to go shoppings for HP and solve mysteries. That doesn't mean the new sequel has to be like one of the previous games.

I don't know what youre trying to say, but i think you meant that this game doesn't need to be like its prequels?

Crackin355 said:
I think everybody is treating this too much like a traditional paper Mario game. It's almost nothing like it, except for the environment, and even that has changed a lot.

Well see, that's my problem. I liked how the first two Paper Mario games felt like RPG platformers, like both genres were one and the same. Super Paper Mario, to me, felt more like a platformer with RPG elements, which felt really sticky and awkward to me.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Crackin355 said:

Well see, that's my problem. I liked how the first two Paper Mario games felt like RPG platformers, like both genres were one and the same. Super Paper Mario, to me, felt more like a platformer with RPG elements, which felt really sticky and awkward to me.

A you didn't like it because it was more Platformer than the previous games? That's fine. It's just most people compare it too much to the previous games and that's why they might not like it.

Crackin355 said:
Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Crackin355 said:

A you didn't like it because it was more Platformer than the previous games? That's fine. It's just most people compare it too much to the previous games and that's why they might not like it.
That's actually the reason for me too. I don't mind trying a different formula for the latest installment. I just want it to feel, well, balanced between those aspects. It's mainly the reason it is my favorite turn-based RPG series. However, I love the sticker formula they are trying for this installment. It keeps the basic Paper Mario formula intact, but allows innovation to invade as well. I really can't wait to see how it works when I use it.

Back