Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Nabber said:
So a new trailer for this ends with Mario and Kersti jumping up and a "GOAL!" sign behind them, as if they just finished a level.

That's it I'm not buying this.

Wasn't that in the downloadable eShop trailer?

Nabber said:
So a new trailer for this ends with Mario and Kersti jumping up and a "GOAL!" sign behind them, as if they just finished a level.

Your a bit late to notice that. It was in one of the trailers from a while back.

Not like I'm gonna change your decision or nothing, but it seems ridiculous to not buy it just because it's level based.

Rowlf the Dog said:
Nabber said:

Maybe it was, I don't remember.

But it really seems to me that Nintendo isn't paying attention to SPM's criticisms at all. Yeah, we got an RPG, but instead it's some sticker-based nonsense that will probably turn into some kind of collect-them-all thing.

Nabber said:
Rowlf the Dog said:
Nabber said:

But it really seems to me that Nintendo isn't paying attention to SPM's criticisms at all. Yeah, we got an RPG, but instead it's some sticker-based nonsense that will probably turn into some kind of collect-them-all thing.

Okay seriously. You haven't even given this new sticker mechanic a shot before you completely hate it. What You think it will probably turn into, isn't what it Will be. Stop being so negative about it before it even comes out.

There was nothing wrong with Super Paper Mario either, you're pretty much saying the Paper Mario series can't try new things, and if they didn't, it'd be like the people complaining about NSMB2 and U. They get the same shit because they complain when they try new things.

Crackin355 said:
Nabber said:
Rowlf the Dog said:
Nabber said:

Okay seriously. You haven't even given this new sticker mechanic a shot before you completely hate it. What You think it will probably turn into, isn't what it Will be. Stop being so negative about it before it even comes out.

There was nothing wrong with Super Paper Mario either, you're pretty much saying the Paper Mario series can't try new things, and if they didn't, it'd be like the people complaining about NSMB2 and U. They get the same shit because they complain when they try new things.
There's a difference between "trying new things" and "completely changing the game mechanic". Just because it runs on the same game engine doesn't mean that it's automatically the same game.

It's still an RPG not a platformer unlike SPM.

Nabber said:
I never said it was pointless. Where'd you get that from?

Completely changing the game mechanic? It's still a turn based RPG, just with a newer attack mechanic. The fighting is still the same.

Why can't you gve it a try before ou cast it off as nonsense?

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=184537

^ boxart

paper bowser jr *nerd squee*

Nabber said:
Anyone else not seeing partners?

Seriously, they go from 15 characters to two.

The trailer doesn't show any partners neither.

The presence of Bowser Jr. means that the story will be Peach kidnapped by Bowser again ?

I'm interested to see how Nintendo works the stickers into the RPG.

Back