New Super Mario Bros. U

YoshiKong said:
It did. Unless Joltik was talking about Yoshi's Island DS. That received poor reviews mainly because it was more of a remake than a sequel and it became unfairly difficult towards the end.
Uh, I suggest you think twice, Gamespit gave it a 9.

But Yoshi's Island DS was a pretty difficult game.

NSY said:
YoshiKong said:
It did. Unless Joltik was talking about Yoshi's Island DS. That received poor reviews mainly because it was more of a remake than a sequel and it became unfairly difficult towards the end.

Which is why it should be called, as you notified already, Gamespit

NSY said:
YoshiKong said:

wasn't the difficulty actually due to bad level design?

Joltik said:
NSY said:
YoshiKong said:

I think so. The final level had you choosing through a door for each baby. The DK one was ridiculous, it was pretty much a hallway with spikes everywhere.

Christmas Crackin355 said:
Joltik said:
NSY said:
YoshiKong said:

I think so. The final level had you choosing through a door for each baby. The DK one was ridiculous, it was pretty much a hallway with spikes everywhere.

so pretty much this game is the epitome of failure.

I don't know, I had fun with it, it was just really hard, which made me stop playing it for a few weeks before I felt like having another go at the level.

I think I was stuck on a level where you needed to get the balls in order in a lava filled cave for a few months (play that level for a day, fail miserably, leave it for a couple of weeks, repeat) until I finally managed to beat it.

I loved the original, but the last few levels of YIDS got annoying. There are bonus levels to unlock by getting 100 points in a lot of levels, but the later worlds would be impossible for me to unlock.

Anyway, we should steer our way back to the New Super Mario Bros. U topic.

Right.

Has anyone managed to get a lot of gold ranks on challenges?

I got all of them (except the Co-Op Gamepad challenges) a while ago. As far as I know, there's no prize for securing all gold medals, but the reward is in the challenges themselves. Highlight of the game.

Legault said:
Right.

I got all of them (except the Co-Op Gamepad challenges) a while ago. As far as I know, there's no prize for securing all gold medals, but the reward is in the challenges themselves. Highlight of the game.
PICS or it didn't happen.

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Legault said:
Right.

Explanation from a trustworthy user is enough you know.

NSY said:
Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Legault said:
Right.

Explanation from a trustworthy user is enough you know.

No it really isn't.

SuperNick3DLand said:

But coming almost directly off of the 3DS game, you can't help feeling like Nintendo is pouring the dancing turtles and wah-wahs on a little thick right now. It doesn't help that specific musical cues and voice samples like "It's Mario time!" are lifted straight out of that last portable game.

True, but still a nice looking game. (Got to play more of it at Nintendo World, and got all the way up to the beginning of the 3rd World, but then had to move on).
From the video, the final castle, at least, doesn't seem as hard as the final castles from the last few games, and not even as elaborate. (Still haven't dared to try to beat 6-Castle and Star-Castle from NSMB2 without the invincibility leaf, and even then, the Bowser battle is still tricky and stressful as it's easy to mistime the platforms and end up in the lava).
So that makes it look more playable for me after all, but will still have to see what the other worlds leading up to it are like.

I don't have a Wii U yet, but I've played a NSMBU store demo for the Acorn Plains world and I loved it! The graphics are amazing.

I found it weird to look at the gamepad for some reason. I preferred the TV.

LakantaTheQlaus said:
YoshiKong said:
Mah, I think GamePad is nice enough, also because my TV has some delay.
My grandma's TV has some delay.

NSY said:
LakantaTheQlaus said:
YoshiKong said:
Mah, I think GamePad is nice enough, also because my TV has some delay.
My grandma's TV has some delay.
I'm talking about a Samsung Smart-TV.

Yeah, I mostly play on the GamePad.

I freaking love the fact that I beat a level in Layer Cake Desert, quick saved, and rushed to post here before going for the tower.

Back