New Super Mario Bros. U

Propeller Toad said:
We could always have the generic Birdos be the bosses. Birdo was presented as a boss character prior to the remake SMA; yet, s/he still remained as a boss.
I think it's also possible to see Birdo an alternative rideable sidekick as Yoshi. On the contrary, it's weird to see Yoshi against Birdo as they're actual partners instead of foes in daily sport games, unless all Birdos and Yoshis are generic in NSMB games.

Solar Blaze said:
Z-omb said:
So true although they did have the green star challenge on galaxy 2 but that is quite easy, I want a hard game like SMB3 now that game makes you feel satisfied once you reach the end.
Difficulty-wise, I don't think that had anything on The Lost Levels.

Yeah I have to agree there, although I have lost levels on VC I haven't gotten around to actually trying to beat it.

Dorayaki said:
Propeller Toad said:
We could always have the generic Birdos be the bosses. Birdo was presented as a boss character prior to the remake SMA; yet, s/he still remained as a boss.
I think it's also possible to see Birdo an alternative rideable sidekick as Yoshi. On the contrary, it's weird to see Yoshi against Birdo as they're actual partners instead of foes in daily sport games, unless all Birdos and Yoshis are generic in NSMB games.
We don't have Birdo in this game

I was wondering where all this birdo stuff was coming from. No idea.

Also, I'm against generic bosses. By that I mean, the same boss with a recolour/no change over and over.

Atleast there was a reason gloom tails as a recolour, he was the brother/sister (don't remember) of hooktail so it made sense. And there was only two (aside from bonetail who was good because he was super hard) unlike having bowser jr the mini boss for more than 8 towers or boom boom for almost every airship in 3D land.

Crackin355 said:
Also, I'm against generic bosses. By that I mean, the same boss with a recolour/no change over and over.
Maybe like Koopalings who have different properties but similar ways of attack. Or the staff usually put different bosses (Giant Goomba, Monty Tank.)

RandomGuy said:
We don't have Birdo in this game
We don't, it's in face of Yoshi's appearance in these games.
And for Yoshi, we only see him as an available tool like flowers and suits, while in reality he is out of Mushroom Kingdom and doesn't have much things to do with Peach's disaster.

GameXplain pointed out that there may be objects or enemies coming from the back ground and walking into the main part of the level, like DKCR.

I heard it's going to be the best 2D Mario game yet.

Post-Damage Invincibility said:

Out of the new ones I think it will be due to graphics and the new power-ups, but SMW and SMB3 are still my favourites and I doubt it could beat those.

It seems to combine both game aspects, have new elements, AND it's in HD. So, I hope it's good

YoshiGo99 said:
I would love to see pipe maze world again. It was a fun world but way to difficult in some levels

I remember that! It was cool as, both pipe world and a giant world would be awesome in this game.

Z-omb said:

Out of the new ones I think it will be due to graphics and the new power-ups, but SMW and SMB3 are still my favourites and I doubt it could beat those.
So you are say it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to be better than those no matter what the game does? I'm all for nostalgia, but I have a problem when people refuse to admit that any game that's new could so much as possibly be as good or better than a timeless classic.

Z-omb said:

So you are say it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to be better than those no matter what the game does? I'm all for nostalgia, but I have a problem when people refuse to admit that any game that's new could so much as possibly be as good or better than a timeless classic.
I have to agree with this. I love the classics and they're still some of my favorite games of all time, but I tend to be irritated when people place classics like SMW or OoT on a pedestal that apparently can't ever be reached.

Z-omb said:
YoshiGo99 said:
I would love to see pipe maze world again. It was a fun world but way to difficult in some levels

I remember that! It was cool as, both pipe world and a giant world would be awesome in this game.
Also with those levels where you are actually inside a large pipe would be pretty good to fit in with Pipe maze

Z-omb said:

I don't think its impossible but it does feel like mario games are more casual these days and they seem easier now, like I can get to world 5 in SM3DL in 3-5 hours but can't beat world 3 of SMB3 in that time. So it just seems like the new ones aren't living up to the reputation of the older games.

However the online mode should make gameplay more tougher as you compete against others which should be challenging, so I am totally looking forward to that! Also the achievements also seem aimed at making the game harder so that does seem like a positive sign.

YoshiGo99 said:
I still wAnt a level editor. You can make your own levels and share them

This would be awesome, i would build the most CRAZY levels ever!

It would be cool if you could build a level in which you spam the invincibility star but have to make it to the end before it runs out cause theres loads of enemies.

A level editor would be sweet as long as it doesn't suck. I would like to have a diverse amount of options and a diverse amount of ways to utilize such options.

It would be a dream if they truly had a level editor that functions similarly GameMaker, but that stuff is the stuff of dreams.

YoshiGo99 said:
Maybe even texture recoloring in-game. I would like that. Make Mario old mario, red overalls and blue shirt.

Agreed with that. How about playing as regular Toad?

Back