Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Isn't trigger another way to say to activate or set off? For an example, "He triggered an explosion."

MnSG said:
Isn't trigger another way to say to activate or set off? For an example, "He triggered an explosion."

well thats an entirely knew trigger itself, but most people loosely use triggers set off by someones emotions rather then pull the trigger of a gun or triggered some sort of trap, but regardless its not very important to the actual topic though.

unpopular opinion: superstar saga's final boss isn't actually hard

The Pokemon series is probably the simplest RPG series out there. Mario RPGs, and pretty much any other RPG series often requires more effort, especially when dealing with bosses who are taking forever to defeat.

MnSG said:
The Pokemon series is probably the simplest RPG series out there. Mario RPGs, and pretty much any other RPG series often requires more effort, especially when dealing with bosses who are taking forever to defeat.

this isnt really the case as pokemon have varying stragies and far more replay value then any mario rpg(especially smrpg). Especially since you can wipe out bosses stupidly easy in many mario rpgs(smrpg, pm64, and ttyd), while the m&l series can prove more effort, but pokemon still has more variety and generally more to do.

Although pokemon is rather simple, they are nowhere near as simple mario rpgs and the mother series.

and there are even more simplistic rpgs out there as well such as a good chunk of the lufia series, most of the mana series, a lot of dragon quest games, legend of dragoon, thousand arms, and the list really goes on.

Time Turner said:
MnSG said:
The Pokemon series is probably the simplest RPG series out there.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest would like to have a word with you, and then dictate exactly what your reply will be.

what about Final Fantasy: All the Bravest?

MnSG said:
Guess I still have much to learn then.

well id say that goes for the vast amount of people in this community dude, lots of people here have yet to really branch out in the rpg genre and they're is loads of them, simple, complicated, bad, good, and its fine to ignorant about it sometimes too, as rpgs can be very hard to get into as well, so its something you should check out i think, and if anything, best to take it slow.

Zae Eildus said:
mettyton said:

well duh its a mario rpg

a lot of people seemed to complain about how long she took to kill, and the fact some of her attacks are almost impossible to dodge (take that fucking stupid eye laser one for example). it took me 45 minutes to kill her, but it didn't feel that long drawn out.

mettyton said:
Zae Eildus said:
mettyton said:

well duh its a mario rpg

a lot of people seemed to complain about how long she took to kill, and the fact some of her attacks are almost impossible to dodge (take that fucking stupid eye laser one for example). it took me 45 minutes to kill her, but it didn't feel that long drawn out.

well i guess i could be a little less blunt but rpg veterans wont be having too much trouble with the fight in general, and others just have good reaction time. Honestly its a good final boss but i cant really say its hard.

Zae Eildus said:
mettyton said:
Zae Eildus said:
mettyton said:

well duh its a mario rpg

a lot of people seemed to complain about how long she took to kill, and the fact some of her attacks are almost impossible to dodge (take that *bleep*ing stupid eye laser one for example). it took me 45 minutes to kill her, but it didn't feel that long drawn out.

well i guess i could be a little less blunt but rpg veterans wont be having too much trouble with the fight in general, and others just have good reaction time. Honestly its a good final boss but i cant really say its hard.

the fact that dying made you have to fight bowletta all over again made it more annoying, which some people might say makes it hard, but i only died once.

mettyton said:
Zae Eildus said:
mettyton said:
Zae Eildus said:
mettyton said:

well duh its a mario rpg

a lot of people seemed to complain about how long she took to kill, and the fact some of her attacks are almost impossible to dodge (take that *bleep*ing stupid eye laser one for example). it took me 45 minutes to kill her, but it didn't feel that long drawn out.

the fact that dying made you have to fight bowletta all over again made it more annoying, which some people might say makes it hard, but i only died once.

honestly man that happens with a lot of rpgs to be honest like persona 3 dying to the final boss means you have to fight his 7 different forms again, suuux

Zae Eildus said:
well id say that goes for the vast amount of people in this community dude, lots of people here have yet to really branch out in the rpg genre and they're is loads of them, simple, complicated, bad, good, and its fine to ignorant about it sometimes too, as rpgs can be very hard to get into as well, so its something you should check out i think, and if anything, best to take it slow.

I guess my main complaint is whenever you encounter bosses that seem to have a massive amount of HP. You unleash your strongest attacks, and yet the boss is still standing as if you didn't even leave a scratch on it. You typically don't see stuff like that in Pokemon.

It should also be noted that in Puzzle & Dragons, it doesn't matter how powerful your team is if you don't have the proper skills to get past the harder dungeons. This is especially true in the Super Mario Bros. Edition, where even a full level 99 team isn't going to have much success in the special worlds without the proper ATK multiplier skills. And even then, the course type can make things even tougher if you're at a Normal Course (the worst kind of course type to be dealing with).

MnSG said:
Zae Eildus said:

I guess my main complaint is whenever you encounter bosses that seem to have a massive amount of HP. You unleash your strongest attacks, and yet the boss is still standing as if you didn't even leave a scratch on it. You typically don't see stuff like that in Pokemon.

It should also be noted that in Puzzle & Dragons, it doesn't matter how powerful your team is if you don't have the proper skills to get past the harder dungeons. This is especially true in the Super Mario Bros. Edition, where even a full level 99 team isn't going to have much success in the special worlds without the proper ATK multiplier skills. And even then, the course type can make things even tougher if you're at a Normal Course (the worst kind of course type to be dealing with).

are you sure you're not underleveled because mario rpg bosses never take much to actually take down, as some gym leaders in earlier pokemon games can outright annihilate you(looking at you morty).

Zae Eildus said:
are you sure you're not underleveled because mario rpg bosses never take much to actually take down, as some gym leaders in earlier pokemon games can outright annihilate you(looking at you morty).

I will say that I have been able to complete Paper Mario's main story, but I never did defeat all of the optional bosses.

What really hurt my thoughts on RPGs was when I tried playing Super Mario RPG several years ago. I was so bad at that game that I couldn't even get past the Hammer Bros..

Anyway, throughout my time playing Pokemon, it has only really been Gold, Silver, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, where a heavy amount of level grinding is required. And the main reason for that is because after you defeat a gym leader, you pretty much go back to battling trainers with low leveled Pokemon, which doesn't help your party gain much experience points.

well you might want to try again then, since smrpg is certainly one of the more limited rpgs out there and being so is pretty easy, idk maybe you just couldnt get proper timing right or got a bit too cocky in not using items.

All that I know is that there aren't too many RPG titles that I know of, where you can battle against other players; Pokemon is one of them. In most cases, RPGs are single player only, and as a result, there's no way you can challenge other players with your party.

Heck, in Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, by the time you acquire Super Peach, Dry Bowser, and Bowser the Koopa King, you've pretty much completed the entire game, which makes their usage practically non-existent, or at least until a software update heavily revamped the Score Attack game mode.

Zae Eildus said:
honestly man that happens with a lot of rpgs to be honest like persona 3 dying to the final boss means you have to fight his 7 different forms again, suuux

Also, when you die in Persona, you have to sit through like a 30 second cutscene every time.

Realistic Talking Fish Head said:
SMS sucks
MKDS is a mediocre game
Petey Piranha sucks
Baby Daisy is a good character
SMG sucked
SMB sucks
SMBLL Sucks
Kiddy Kong is the best Kong
King Boo sucks
Suck counter: 6

Also, -SMG2 is the best Mario game
-MKWii is the best Mario Kart game
-I don't like the NES era of Mario games
-I really liked 3D Land
-I really like Birdo and Waluigi
-The Olympic games aren't that bad
-Double Dash is a little overrated
-I really like SPM
-I like the NSMB games
-I hate the Wing Cap from SM64
-I think Mario Maker is okay

sig said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is best game and you are wrong if you think otherwise.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a massively overrated uninspired cash grab with wasted potential.

LeftyGreenMario said:
sig said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is best game and you are wrong if you think otherwise.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a massively overrated uninspired cash grab with wasted potential.

like horse shit with green stars, jesus christ thats so fucking lazy.

Back