Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

FearTear said:
I find sad that the top 10 most liked levels in Super Mario Maker consists of just automatic levels.
That's not surprising. Many players' bars for quality in Super Mario Maker tend to be very low.

GalacticPetey said:
Mario Kart loading times are just fine.

Smash 4 on the other hand seems to take forever to boot up.

I remember when I was about to play SSB4 with my family and my dad was like "did you turn the game on yet" when it was loading.

Meta Knight said:
I don't mind lives or points, but time limits need to go

I agree. Something I loved about SM64, SMS, and the Galaxy games was it felt like you could just explore the worlds, but then 3D Land and World added time limits which kind of ruined that.

Every Dr Mario that isn't Dr Mario 64 is lame.

If your willing to go through the hassle to get him and Metal Dr Mario yes.

It's the best Dr Mario. Thats all.

I like Dr. Mario in all games, even if he does kind of suck in Smush.

Hell, I went under his theme one time. I might do it again in the not-too-distant future.

Smush Dr Mario looks too serious

He sucks in Smash 4. He's not that bad in Melee. Too bad not many people play him. Shroomed turned to the dark side and picked up Sheik.

The Dr has been betrayed.

Glitchy said:
Meta Knight said:
I don't mind lives or points, but time limits need to go

I agree. Something I loved about SM64, SMS, and the Galaxy games was it felt like you could just explore the worlds, but then 3D Land and World added time limits which kind of ruined that.
Those two games didn't have worlds to explore to begin with.

Not that I'm complaining, I really enjoyed 3D Land.

I 3D World is one of the best Mario games if you ask me.

3D World>>>>>Galaxy

I think 3D Land was better than 3D World.

I feel like the gameplay of those games worked best in the smaller and shorter levels of 3D Land. 3D World is generally seen as an improvement on 3D Land so I'm likely in the minority here.

I love the Mario Tennis and Golf games for GBC and GBA (from what I have seen they seem to be unpopular here anyway), I do understand why not everyone would like them, since the Mario parts are much fewer and not even the main focus, but I always loved the RPG elements and how they actually had notable continuity between Golf GBC to Advance Tour as well as Tennis GBC to Power Tour, transfering the handheld characters to the console games and wrecking all of the challenges there was also a nice reward for the time you spend with leveling (assuming one wanted them to be OP ), it was also more fullfiling than the overpowered Miis in Tennis Open, to bad Power Tennis already got rid of the connectivity.

I was more happy with Dr Mario returning then I was with Rosalina's inclusion in Smash For.

Maybe if they returned RPG mode but focuses it on the playable Mario characters it would be a better draw for me. But I was accustomed to a Mario Tennis game sans such a mode, so I wouldn't really have cared if they had it or not (maybe except complain about it being restricted to weird kids).

warelander said:
I was more happy with Dr Mario returning then I was with Rosalina's inclusion in Smash For.
Hm, they're both fine. Rosalina is okay, but I question why she got in before Toad.

Because shenanigans involving Peach.

I suppose so, but I didn't vote Captain Toad for no reason. That gives Toad a decent chance, but he's getting overwhelmed by support for King K. Rool...

People love the king.

Well, the Miis love him so much that they skinned him. :shifty:

Not the first person they skinned either....

Of course not. Miis have a long and grisly track record of skinning fellow Nintendo characters.

Back