Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I kind of agree with him about the mushrooms, and by extension SOME of the other items.

I'm fine with the Mega Mushroom stealing coins from the opponent, but letting you roll 2 (or 3) dice blocks was kind of overpowered.

The Mini Mushrooms were well, luck based. Let's say you roll a normal dice block, but you go past the mini pipe, or if you're close enough but don't roll a big enough number. In this instance, you should either roll multiple dice blocks, or simply not cut the dice roll in half.

Casey Jones said:
I kind of agree with him about the mushrooms, and by extension SOME of the other items.

I'm fine with the Mega Mushroom stealing coins from the opponent, but letting you roll 2 (or 3) dice blocks was kind of overpowered.

The Mini Mushrooms were well, luck based. Let's say you roll a normal dice block, but you go past the mini pipe, or if you're close enough but don't roll a big enough number. In this instance, you should either roll multiple dice blocks, or simply not cut the dice roll in half.

Yeah but the thing with Mega Mushroom is that you pass by shops (items are VERY important in Mario Party), star spaces, ghost houses...and well basically all pass-by events, so you have to weigh the chances and think before using it. It also has great uses in Goomba's Greedy Gala since you pass by that dice block Goomba too.

I understand why people would hate mini-mushrooms, but the mini-pipes I often see them as a bonus area rather than something, unless a star happens to be there. And besides, I'd rather save up for a Super Mini Mushroom.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
3D Player 2004 said:
You can't change the likelyhood of Bowser events to set the minigames to 0% which in that Installment, give nightmares, and thus ruins the game.
I maintain that your mental psyche must have the structural integrity equal to Robert Griffin III's knee.
I like the sports joke here, and it fits perfectly too.

3D Player 2004 said:
You can't change the likelyhood of Bowser events to set the minigames to 0% which in that Installment, give nightmares, and thus ruins the game.
First, Mic minigames could be turned off because 1. some owners may not have the mic and 2. some players like to play in silence. This was not necessary for Bowser Minigames. Second, the fact the minigames supposedly give you nightmares shows that you are either a troll or have issues.
3D Player 2004 said:
It also had a bad item system (talking about the Mini/Mega Mushrooms which are essentially more annoying and luck based versions of the Skeleton Key and Normal Mushroom),
How is the Mega Mushroom more luck-based? Also, the Mini Mushroom has a stronger variant and allows access to special minigames.
3D Player 2004 said:
the Lottery system which adds a lot of luck
I enjoyed the Lottery system. Also, Baby Man is right about the best prizes being very rare.
3D Player 2004 said:
the requirement to beat story mode 8 times to complete the game.
Story Mode was fine because of the presents.
3D Player 2004 said:
Even so, it without the Bowser Minigames would make it a bonus-type game worth getting like Melee and Double Dash but not system seller level like it's 3 successors.
None of the Mario Party games are big system sellers. Melee and Double Dash!! are massive system sellers.
3D Player 2004 said:
I would only get the game if my CPU programming skills became good enough to soft-mod so that I can completely remove the chance of a Bowser Minigames and give it to Bowser Revolution/Shuffle and in exchange make Koopa Kid even more likely to appear to keep Revolution/Shuffle at the same appearance rate.
It's a game of chance. Why should it be (completely) balanced? Also, the Bowser Minigames are fine. Also, Bowser Minigames are better than Bowser Revolutions.

Unpopular opinion: I actually want the Silver Arrow kart from the Mercedes DLC.

The Mario Party Amazing Trinity was what made me want to get a GameCube. Melee and Double Dash were merely bonuses that did not influence my decision to get a GameCube.

... So... You ignored two of the best games of their respective genres... But were convinced to buy the system by digital board games.

3D Player 2004 said:
The Mario Party Amazing Trinity was what made me want to get a GameCube. Melee and Double Dash were merely bonuses that did not influence my decision to get a GameCube.

I am just kind of wondering, what would you say is your favorite Mario games from best to worst... I just really really want to know.

I never even heard of the Mario Party series until my parents bought Mario Party 7 for me for Christmas years ago. I did enjoy it but after a while it just got dusty because my friends were more interested in Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Superstar Baseball, and Melee during the Gamecube era and I also beat the game.

3D Player 2004 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_GameCube_video_games

I recognize that you have an opinion and respect it, and cant deny that you bought the system because of the Mario Party games, but as seen here, that is not a widely shared opinion, as Melee and Double Dash absolutely dominate the list. The only other game that gets to even half is Super Mario Sunshine.

The Mario Party "Amazing Trinity" (which I'm assuming is 5, 6, and 7) are all beaten in sales by Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, which was released in 2004, two years before the end of the GameCube era.

I still didn't manage to 100% Mario Party 4 because damn Domino Whomp where you need to press A at least 100 times in 10 seconds.

YoshiGo99 said:
I am just kind of wondering, what would you say is your favorite Mario games from best to worst... I just really really want to know.

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Mario Party 7
3. Super Mario 64 DS
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Mario Party 6
6. Mario Sports Mix
7. Mario Kart 7
8. Mario Party 5
9. Super Smash Bros Brawl
10. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
11. Mario Kart: Double Dash
12. Super Mario Galaxy 2
13. Super Smash Bros Melee
14. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
15. Nintendo Land
16. Super Mario Galaxy
17. Mario Party 8
18. Mario Kart DS
anything else is lower than that and unrated.

3D Player 2004 said:
YoshiGo99 said:

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Mario Party 7
3. Super Mario 64 DS
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Mario Party 6
6. Mario Sports Mix
7. Mario Kart 7
8. Mario Party 5
12. Super Mario Galaxy 2
15. Nintendo Land
16. Super Mario Galaxy
17. Mario Party 8
18. Mario Kart DS
No 2D platformers or RPGs?

Which is strange, because I consider the RPGs the high point of the Mario series.

3D Player 2004 said:
YoshiGo99 said:

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Mario Party 7
3. Super Mario 64 DS
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Mario Party 6
6. Mario Sports Mix
7. Mario Kart 7
8. Mario Party 5
12. Super Mario Galaxy 2
15. Nintendo Land
16. Super Mario Galaxy
17. Mario Party 8
18. Mario Kart DS
Can you even consider SSB games as Mario games?

Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
3D Player 2004 said:
YoshiGo99 said:

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Mario Party 7
3. Super Mario 64 DS
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Mario Party 6
6. Mario Sports Mix
7. Mario Kart 7
8. Mario Party 5
12. Super Mario Galaxy 2
15. Nintendo Land
16. Super Mario Galaxy
17. Mario Party 8
18. Mario Kart DS
Can you even consider SSB games and Nitendo Land as Mario games?
Fixed it.

YoshiGo99 said:
Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
3D Player 2004 said:
YoshiGo99 said:

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Mario Party 7
3. Super Mario 64 DS
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Mario Party 6
6. Mario Sports Mix
7. Mario Kart 7
8. Mario Party 5
12. Super Mario Galaxy 2
15. Nintendo Land
16. Super Mario Galaxy
17. Mario Party 8
18. Mario Kart DS
Can you even consider SSB games and Nintendo Land as Mario games?
Fixed it.
Fixed it again.

That's a funny way to spell -godammit already.

The Mario platformers aren't great.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
... So... You ignored two of the best games of their respective genres... But were convinced to buy the system by digital board games.

I prefer Mario Party over those two games btw

I think Paper Mario Sticker Star is awesome......lol

Back