Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I found Super Paper Mario's soundtrack scarier than anything in Super Mario 64/Galaxy 1/2

Not to brag, but am I seriously the only one who was unfazed by River Twygz? In my opinion, the music in that part was more irritating than scary.

Nothing in that game was anything close to scary, in my opinion.

But the piano isn't scary. There's a difference between it making you jump because it was unexpected and making it a scary thing. After it makes you jump, it's not scary anymore, just loud and clangy.

Baby Man said:
But the piano isn't scary. There's a difference between it making you jump because it was unexpected and making it a scary thing. After it makes you jump, it's not scary anymore, just loud and clangy.
I know right, of all things that can be considered scary in video games, that piano is definitely not one of them.

THIS is a bit unsettling

SMG2_SB_Beyonghellvalleysky.png

3D Player 2004 said:
Baby Man said:
I know right, of all things that can be considered scary in video games, that piano is definitely not one of them.
Says the guy who's scared of a character getting "burned alive" in Mario Party 4.

Mariofan169 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Baby Man said:
Says the guy who's scared of a character getting "burned alive" in Mario Party 4.
It's not as scary as it is utterly humiliating.

Maᴙio said:
Mariofan169 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Baby Man said:
It's not as scary as it is utterly humiliating.
This. He's also afraid of the ending cutscenes in the original Mario Party.

Mario_kills_Bowser.png

MP2_Mario_defeats_Wizard_Guy.png

OH LOOK SO SCARY D:D:D:

edit oops he said original mario party still, scary

Maᴙio said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Nothing in Mario games in general are scary.
Hotel Mario cutscenes.
I didn't know the definition of "scary" changed to: something mediocre.

Honestly most things that people say are scary in stuff like Mario are like...2spooky4me shit.

Lumastar said:
This is arguably more unsettling:

mqdefault.jpg

Is that a ghost thing on the very right?

Aiko Heiwa said:
Maᴙio said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Nothing in Mario games in general are scary.
Hotel Mario cutscenes.
I didn't know the definition of "scary" changed to: something mediocre.

Honestly most things that people say are scary in stuff like Mario are like...2spooky4me *bleep*.
I find the cutscenes so awfully drawn, shown in its pure unadulterated artwrok, it gives me a scary vibe.

Are you kidding me? Those cutscenes are works of art! We should give Animation Magic $10,000,000 and put them on a gallery wall for all to see!

I've always been a bit bugged by how everyone blames Peach for nearly causing the end of the world in TTYD, when it's pretty much the opposite. If Peach never got the map and mailed it to Mario, Mario would never have gone to Rogueport which means the following:

* Crump would've kidnapped Goombella.
* Hooktail would still be free to use Petalburg and any neighboring villages as her personal restaurants.
* Koops would still be a wimp, personality-wise and his dad would still be stuck in Hooktail's stomach.
* The Punis would still be imprisoned by the X-Nauts and be at ends with the Jabbis.
* Grubba would still use the Gold Star to drain fighters of their power.
* Yoshi's egg might have been used as a hot dog topping.
* Twilight Town would be a huge pigpen.
* Vivian would still be suffering Beldam's abuse.
* The Toads along with Frankie and Francesca would still be trapped on Keelhaul Key.
* Bobbery would still be heartbroken over the loss of his wife.
* Finishing off the X-Nauts and Shadow Queen once and for all.
* The four heroes would still be trapped in their chests.
* Rogueport became slightly less crime-infested.

You know, people always say Rosalina is the best of the ''princesses'' because she doesn't get kidnapped.

While that is technically true its not like she hasn't been in trouble just like them, Galaxy 1 she was left helpless on the comet observatory and 2 she and the entire observatory were held captive by Bowser.

Apart from 3D World shes really about as useful as any other person in the Mario world that isn't the bros themselves, yoshi, or certain toads.

Back