Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Baby Man said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
... So... You ignored two of the best games of their respective genres... But were convinced to buy the system by digital board games.

I prefer Mario Party over those two games btw
Nah, I actually like Melee over Mario Party. I just play it more.

You play it more, too.

Yoshi's Island series sucks, It was okay to save that damn plumber once, twice, but five are just sooooo much.. Let that dinosaur adventure alone, without that crying piece of crap.

Megaman said:
Yoshi's Island series sucks, It was okay to save that damn plumber once, twice, but five are just sooooo much.. Let that dinosaur adventure alone, without that crying piece of crap.
Super Mario series sucks, It was okay to save that damn princess once, twice, but five hundred is just sooooo much.. Let that plumber adventure alone, without that screaming piece of crap.

Megaman said:

Tbh I kinda agree. After Yoshi's Story, which had potential although it could've been better (I still liked it), it just went downhill.

MidnaFreak said:
Megaman said:

Tbh I kinda agree. After Yoshi's Story, which had potential although it could've been better (I still liked it), it just went downhill.
Yoshi's New Island is a good example of this.

Megaman said:
Yoshi's Island series sucks, It was okay to save that dang plumber once, twice, but five are just sooooo much.. Let that dinosaur adventure alone, without that crying piece of crap.
Yeah, and then we have Yoshi Topsy Turvy. And Yoshi's New Island. Such brilliant games.

Yoshi games don't work anymore. And that's probably what I (morbidly) like.

The original game hasn't interested me much; the collection aspect, I find repulsive.

I'd boycott any Mario Kart game with RPG playable characters like Fawful unless Koopa Kid was in as well.

3D Player 2004 said:
I'd boycott any Mario Kart game with RPG playable characters like Fawful unless Koopa Kid was in as well.
Why do you hate RPG characters so much? And why would you boycott a game because a character is in? I disapprove of Honey Queen and PGP, but I still bought MK7 and 8.

3D Player 2004 said:
Well then, my friend, you're going to have to boycott any Mario Kart game that has RPG characters in it.
Koopa Kid was officially retired, wasn't he?

3D Player 2004 said:
Did you buy Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8? Because that would go against that statement.

Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Did you buy Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8? Because that would go against that statement.
Those games didn't have rpg characters in them...

Baby Peach doesn't count as she was not created for the sole purpose of being in an RPG.

Paper Mario said:
Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Those games didn't have rpg characters in them...

Baby Peach doesn't count as she was not created for the sole purpose of being in an RPG.
Baby Peach does count.

Otherwise, you're just moving goalposts.

Oh, and that's begging the question: if your definition of an RPG character is "being created for the sole purpose of being in an RPG", then why do you want RPG characters to appear outside of RPG games?

Maᴙio said:
Oh, and that's begging the question: if your definition of an RPG character is "being created for the sole purpose of being in an RPG", then why do you want RPG characters to appear outside of RPG games?
Created for an RPG =/= can't be used later on as a rep for RPGs. The locations used in the Smash Bros. Paper Mario stage were created for the sole purpose of being in an RPG, but that didn't stop them from appearing in Smash. Baby Peach wasn't created for PIT, by the developers of PIT. She was created for Yoshi's Island and spinoffs, and PIT happened to be her first appearance.

How do you know what she was created for?

More likely, she was created to appear in PiT, and then Nintendo decided to put her in Yoshi/spin-offs.

If that were the case then where's Young Toadsworth and Young E. Gadd? Why haven't they appeared again in any way? Are they considered one-offs because they're not adorable little babies?

If BP were created for PIT, she likely wouldn't have ever appeared again except as maybe a sticker in Brawl. They created her to appear in Yoshi's Island DS (she had a much larger role in that game anyway) and the release date for PIT fell sooner, that's all.

In the case that she IS considered an RPG character, then that's an insult to the fans of the completely original ones to use a baby version of a mainline character as the only RPG rep in anything.

Young Toadsworth and Young E. Gadd don't appear because regular Toadsworth and regular E. Gadd are rarely, if ever, in.

I don't like Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island. I had it as an ambassador game for free on the 3DS. I tried it out. I didn't like it.

It's not because the gameplay sucks though (the collection aspect is irritating though). It's not necessarily because I hate Yoshi. There's just something about the game I don't like.

Paper Mario said:
In the case that she IS considered an RPG character, then that's an insult to the fans of the completely original ones to use a baby version of a mainline character as the only RPG rep in anything.
It's better than nothing? At LEAST the RPGs have something eked out into the main series?

Magikrazy said:
How do you know what she was created for?

More likely, she was created to appear in PiT, and then Nintendo decided to put her in Yoshi/spin-offs.
She meshes incredibly well with Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, so yeah, I agree with you there.

Baby Man said:
I don't like Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island. I had it as an ambassador game for free on the 3DS. I tried it out. I didn't like it.

It's not because the gameplay sucks though (the collection aspect is irritating though). It's not necessarily because I hate Yoshi. There's just something about the game I don't like.

The incessant screeching from Baby Mario? The fact that Baby Luigi's kidnapped?

Back