Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

IcicleRain said:
But Metal Mario is just powered up Mario

You clearly haven't heard his hit Mario Kart 8 single, "Mia Mama". It's stolen the top of many charts over the course of mere hours.

MKGuy said:
I think Metal Mario is a character that actually has a differing personality from Mario
This is exactly what I think. I also think that Pink Gold Peach has a differing personality from Peach.

or birdo
or diddy kong
or petey
or paratroopa
or king boo
or dry bowser

i *bleep*ing hate it when people call Baby Rosalina/PGP "replacements" for other characters. Maybe Mario is simply a replacement for Baby Purple Silver Waluigi.

MKGuy said:
i *bleep*ing hate it when people call Baby Rosalina/PGP "replacements" for other characters.

Well sorry
but that's my unpopular opinion
I'd rather have someone who's been in the series a while than someone who could just be like made up on the spot

PGP is cool tho
Just not my choice

MKGuy said:
i *bleep*ing hate it when people call Baby Rosalina/PGP "replacements" for other characters. Maybe Mario is simply a replacement for Baby Purple Silver Waluigi.

Yoshi is obviously a replacement for the weed that the members on this forum are smoking.

IcicleRain said:
Well sorry
I'd rather have someone who's been in the series a while than someone who could just be like made up on the spot

Except that's not really unpopular.

Auburn S said:
MKGuy said:

Yoshi is obviously a replacement for the weed that the members on this forum are smoking.

I think we should just move this whole forum to Colorado

Auburn S said:
IcicleRain said:
Well sorry

Except that's not really unpopular.

I guess not
It is to that guy though

IcicleRain said:
At least metal Mario is in mainstream games
Pink Gold Peach is just a replacement for Bowser Jr
1. :metal: has never been in a mainstream Mario game.
2. In what universe is :pgp: a replacement for :bowjr:? That makes absolutely no sense.

GalacticPetey said:
Guys, Mario Kart isn't like Smash. Each character practically plays the same so it's not like it really matters.
It matters to me because it's the biggest Mario-exclusive spinoff and I'd like to be able to play as my favorite Mario characters (who by the way have no chance at Smash so MK is my only hope aside from Baseball and the like)

GalacticPetey said:
Guys, Mario Kart isn't like Smash. Each character practically plays the same so it's not like it really matters.
they should cut everyone except Mario then

GalacticPetey said:
I personally like to be able to play as characters that I like. My favorite character is Pink Gold Peach, if she's not on the next game I doubt that I'd switch over to Metal Mario even if he played the same way. I'd probably play as a different character that I like.

That's all Metal Mario is... Just because they appear at once doesn't make them not the same character. It's like saying Baby Mario isn't Mario. He is, only younger. Metal Mario is Mario with a Metal Cap. In Mario kart and other spinoffs with Metal Mario it just doesn't wear off for some reason.

Yes, I know the wiki has two articles on him, I just believe that it's one character.

No, Baby Mario is Baby Mario. That's how I interpret it.

Baby Mario can be explained through Partners in Time.
Donkey Kong Jr. in Mario Tennis can be explained the same way.

Since E. Gadd can create a portal back in time, I believe he has also found an alternate universe where everyone is Metal.

The fact that Mario can become metal is purely coincidental.

Mario should hug the Bowz.

I think the most creepy tune in Mario isn't River Twygz Bed, though it does come from SPM. No, I think that would have to go to World of Nothing. It's so lifeless, and its scariness is really subtle (unlike RTB)

3D Player 2004 said:
UnPlayable games:

RPG's: all of them! (A lot of guesswork/grinding needed combined with the terrible plotlines which give Nightmares, and the such limited amount of resources and several violations of canon)
Party: 1 (Control Stick Spinning Minigames, End of Board Nightmare Cutscenes, a ton of Luck based/unfair elements), 4 (Nightmare Bowser Minigames), Advance, 9, IT, 10 (The last 3 need no explanation)
Kart: SNES (GBA has practically everything it has and more)
3D Mario: 3D(Land/World) (Linear level design, Damage is taken in the form of losing powerups and you come back after death in an unsatisfactory state)
Did you really just diss a game that hasn't come out yet?

Back