Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

The first one's soundtrack isn't that spectacular in the first place. Just like Super Mario 3D World's soundtrack (which isn't spectacular either).

Hypochondriac Mario said:
The first one's soundtrack isn't that spectacular in the first place. Just like Super Mario 3D World's soundtrack (which isn't spectacular either).

idk its kinda weird for me to forget a mario soundtrack since a lot of mario games have soundtracks i really like.

Even weirder since its a game about luigi, one of my more liked mario characters.

Well, I don't think it's weird. It's just that the game has a lack of legitimately catchy soundtracks.

Well, I don't think it's weird. It's just that the game has a lack of legitimately catchy soundtracks.

hmm i guess so, not every mario ost can be good as smg, pmttyd, or smb3.

Although its a shame to hear that lmdm has a crap ost though.

I think the New Super Mario Bros. series has a crappy OST. All MIDI with those "ba-ba"s everywhere.

Giga12 said:
I think the New Super Mario Bros. series has a crappy OST. All MIDI with those "ba-ba"s everywhere.

Well i liked nsmb's castle theme, but thats it really.

I probably dislike it more because it doesnt change much between the nsmb series.

super mario bros. 3 is a better game than any other super mario bros., new or not. plus it has the best soundtrack and powerups

Castiel said:
well thats probably just my area then. lots of people at school loathe smb3

not surprised.

When i was in school everyone thought more realistic games looked the better, id imagine its still like that.

Princess Zae said:
Castiel said:

not surprised.

When i was in school everyone thought more realistic games looked the better, id imagine its still like that.
pretty much, yeah. at school everyone's raving about the newest first person shooter or gta or whatever and i'm just quietly playing my gameboy in the corner and every now and then i state my opinion like 'yeah but have you ever played super mario bros. 3?' and I either get laughed at or people say 'ITS ALL ABOUT THE CLASSICS BRO SMB1 IS THE BEST'

Dracomon said:
Princess Zae said:
Hotaru Tomoe said:
i don't think that sounds unpopular

its not

smb3 is beyond the word "overrated"
It's "overrated" because it's freaking fantastic and it deserves such high rating.

its okay, but i of course prefer the 3d games.

Not too fond of the 2d games aside from like yoshis island.

I'm not saying that it had the best soundtrack ever, I'm simply saying that it had a lot of fitting, and generally memorable tunes, while Dark Moon did not. This is especially the case with the boss themes.

Well, you implied that it's good (after you mentioned how it set a bar) there's just one tune I find memorable, so Dark Moon doesn't sound terrible in comparison.

I do think it's good, yes, and I'll admit that the "measuring bar" bit was poor wording on my part, but the point I was trying to make is that the second game had a soundtrack that completely paled in comparison to the first one. Aside from maybe a select few (including the main theme), I could hardly recall any of songs in that game. As I said in the above post, the boss themes, in particular, are truly unfitting. The only one of those that actually did fit (and was even remotely memorable) was King Boo's theme, and that, in my opinion, was far more fitting for a cutscene than a boss battle.

Castiel said:
Princess Zae said:
Castiel said:
not surprised.

pretty much, yeah. at school everyone's raving about the newest first person shooter or gta or whatever and i'm just quietly playing my gameboy in the corner and every now and then i state my opinion like 'yeah but have you ever played super mario bros. 3?' and I either get laughed at or people say 'ITS ALL ABOUT THE CLASSICS BRO SMB1 IS THE BEST'
>SMB better than SMB3

rotfl

I don't wet my pants every time I see Mimi transform

Gene said:
Shadow rocks! said:

Not even slightly at the first time that happened?
No. Now, if it wasn't 2D...

Shadow rocks! said:
Gene said:
Shadow rocks! said:

Not even slightly at the first time that happened?
No. Now, if it wasn't 2D...

Now I feel like making a 3D animation of that just to make you wet your pants

Back