Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Glad to know I'm not the only who thinks that of the princess.

i think peach has the best voice of any character in the franchise.

nah, you can't beat a guy whose voice actor voiced the villain from a cluefinders game and a dragon from elder scrolls

I actually didn't mind that Paper Jam wasn't as original as previous Mario RPGs. It just felt to me like a different style: instead of adding new characters and locations like all the previous games did, it just took things from normal Mario games and worked the story and gameplay around that. And I liked it how it affected the story, and how it made the characters in normal Mario games with previously no personality interesting and funny (like the Koopalings, for example).

Zuko said:
I actually didn't mind that Paper Jam wasn't as original as previous Mario RPGs. It just felt to me like a different style: instead of adding new characters and locations like all the previous games did, it just took things from normal Mario games and worked the story and gameplay around that. And I liked it how it affected the story, and how it made the characters in normal Mario games with previously no personality interesting and funny (like the Koopalings, for example).
While I agree that Paper Jam added a lot of personality to anyone (Toadette especially, but also Bowser Jr. showed his previously unseen lonely side!) and I like this a lot, I would like to point out that the Koopalings used to have a personality before they were reintroduced in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
It was just not much showed since their comeback, making Paper Jam effectively important as it is the first game showing their personality again after their reintroduction, as well as the only game in which interactions among Koopalings can be seen (before there was no actual dialogue among them in the games, only in other media). I'll also add as my personal unpopular opinion that I hope that future games will base the Koopalings' personalities and lines of dialogue on Paper Jam rather than Color Splash, as they were really spot-on (apart from Ludwig who pretends to be the leader, which is actually a reference to the official Super Mario Collection guide that states that he's the leader of the koopalings in SMB3, I especially liked Morton who speaks in rhymes, is aware of what the trio of heroes has done to his siblings and cares about his brothers).

I would think that with Ludwig being the eldest Koopaling, he would also be the self-proclaimed head of the group. After all, he's often been the very last Koopaling that you had to fight, with Super Mario World being the odd exception to the rule.

On a side note, Smash Wii U did fix up Larry's trophy description in the NTSC-U version by stating that he's the youngest of the Koopalings. Oddly, he wasn't always the first Koopaling that you had to fight.

In the cartoons, yes, but the cartoons also call them "Bigmouth" and "Bully", so I'd take anything from that show with a grain of salt.

I feel the "Hi I'm Daisy!" quote is overhated. I mean there are quotes said by other characters that can get just as annoying if not more annoying. Though I will agree with those who say it gets annoying if you hear it over and over again.

What do I mean by this? Well, Waluigi has "Waluigi time!" and "WALUIIIGI NUMBUH-LA OOOOONE!!!", Luigi has "Luigi time!", Peach has "Oh, did I win?", Mario has "Mario Time!" and "It's-a me, Mario!", in which the latter is similar to "Hi I'm Daisy!", Yoshi makes his typical child noises, Wario has "Wario time!", "I'm-a Wario! I'm-a gonna wean!" and "It's-a me Wario!" the last one is also similar to "Hi I'm Daisy!", Bowser Junior chucks a noisy tantrum like a sore loser, Donkey Kong makes his typical gorilla noises, Diddy Kong makes his typical monkey noises and he also has "I'm Diddy, hoo hoo!", which is similar to "Hi I'm Daisy!" too, Birdo makes her strange man noises.

I don't get it either. Daisy only says it when she either A) switches to the back seat or B) takes 1st place. Both of these are only in Double Dash.

And then in the Mario & Sonic games she only says it in role-call before an event starts. At least in Vancouver and London, as far as I know. That's not nearly enough to be a catchphrase, imo.

I would argue that out all the regular Mario cast , Daisy has the most annoying voice ever so thats probably the reason.

Its also funny this quote has been barely used in post Double Dash games. And when i say barely i think that it was only used again in a few olympic games and thats it.

Many of the quotes , if not all , that the poster above J-Yoshi mentioned do not sound particulary annoying compared to Daisy sooooo , that can go out of the window.

Back